or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2690  

post #40336 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i could very well be wrong, but are you confusing two terms here?
rise is measured from the top of the waist and down, clap is talking about a higher waist, as in the waist extending up his torso further. additional rise would more likely just make the crotch lower, which clap does not need, not make the waist sit higher.
maybe just semantics, idk.
anyways, clap, i hate you. you have nice hair, and a great build. go hit yourself in the face with a rusty drainpipe.

facepalm.gif tounge.gif

post #40337 of 78724
Levi's 511, button down, American Eagle Army coat, and Clarks Desert Boots Beeswax.

0FAD1013-777C-4D6F-96FA-6B8920285AC3-25182-00000CE569B75827.jpg

CD74175C-08F7-435C-A8C3-CA4F75C57179-25182-00000CE5A4A85B43.jpg

-Scott.-
post #40338 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

facepalm.gif  tounge.gif

read above, mr. smarty pants.


c what i did there
post #40339 of 78724
Stitch, rise/waist height = same thing. It's all the distance from the crotch seam to the waistband. Actually, in some MTM programs it's measured from the back waistband down around your junk and up to the front of the waistband, but that's just a technique difference.

Where most folks go wrong is assuming that, hey, I wear my pants at the same height, so adding to the rise will just make them droopy in the crotch. That's backwards thinking - the crotch of the pants stays where it stays, and rise determines how high the waist comes up on you.

Anyway, yeah, it's mostly semantics.


Here's me today:

IMG_1160.jpgIMG_1162.jpgIMG_1167.jpgIMG_1169.jpg

Southwick suit, Brioni shirt, BB tie, tiebar square, AE boots.
post #40340 of 78724
a list.

step 1. decide where you normal waist line is.

step 2. measure downwards, and a bit inwards, to determine how much room you want in the crotch. aka, rise.

step 3. measure from bottom of crotch/rise to hem, to determine how long you want your pant legs to be. inseam.

step 4. optional, for those who want to be fancy, measure from your waist line up, to add additional pant length up your torso

step 5. measure from top of waist band to hem, to determine outseam. a measurement that is not useful without determining the above steps first.
post #40341 of 78724
Bask in the much-heralded hotel room photography:




Time to head South for the Winter.
post #40342 of 78724
Stich
is your brother wearing a sinn? Also for what it's worth I love his suit hate the fit......
post #40343 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasiclark View Post

Stich
is your brother wearing a sinn? Also for what it's worth I love his suit hate the fit......

nope, breitling transocean.

ill make sure to tell him. devil.gif

smile.gif
post #40344 of 78724
Quote:

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i was just saying, that i believe the term "rise" refers to measuring downward, the more you add, the more you add in the crotch. 

 

The distance from the crotch to the top of a trouser's waistband is the rise. It is the variation in rise that makes for high-, medium- or low-waisted trousers. It's not rocket science.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

 

as opposed to whatever the hell word a tailor would use to determine that you are adding length upwards, based on a predetermined measurement from crotch up. meaning, you decide the rise you want for optimal pen0r comfort, and then add upwards from there. semantics maybe, but it is an important distinction in measuring your pants.

 

 

You say it as if there was a "normal waist line" stitches and that low, medium or high rise is just "fancy".

 

Different types of trousers require different rises. I for one prefer casual chinos low rise, however my suit trousers with medium rise to avoid showing of a shirt triangle under the button when I wear a jacket. In all rises you have the same "pen0r comfort"

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

a list.

step 1. decide where you normal waist line is.

step 2. measure downwards, and a bit inwards, to determine how much room you want in the crotch. aka, rise.

step 3. measure from bottom of crotch/rise to hem, to determine how long you want your pant legs to be. inseam.

step 4. optional, for those who want to be fancy, measure from your waist line up, to add additional pant length up your torso

step 5. measure from top of waist band to hem, to determine outseam. a measurement that is not useful without determining the above steps first.

 

But maybe you are on to something there stitches...maybe you will revolutionize the pent measuring system as we now it. Soon we all be ordering Ambrosi drop crotch pants.

post #40345 of 78724
have you found yourself that rusty pipe yet?

smile.gif
post #40346 of 78724
Stitchy, there's no two ways about it. You're just wrong here. Your inseam length isn't a variable. If that stays the same, and you add more to the rise, the waistband will sit higher on your waist, not add space for your tackle.
post #40347 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Stitchy, there's no two ways about it. You're just wrong here. Your inseam length isn't a variable. If that stays the same, and you add more to the rise, the waistband will sit higher on your waist, not add space for your tackle.

but if I buy a box that has a second vertical compartment, can't I then fit more tackle inside said box?
post #40348 of 78724
shug, do you mean to say that i just need to hike up my higher rise pants? THATS CRAZY TALKS!!
post #40349 of 78724
Not unless you are going for an MC Hammer-style drop crotch.
post #40350 of 78724
The above was responding to Rambo. Stitchy, yes, hike them shits up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III