or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2689  

post #40321 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

The chukkas are the least of your problems.

I guess you told me.
post #40322 of 78723


Nice.
post #40323 of 78723

700

 

Hopefully this time I get a little less hate on my outfit lol... I'm trying! The Tie is Paisley =)

post #40324 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I guess you told me.

post #40325 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Welcome, PattyPoo.
The positive: The colors go together well
The negative: Jacket appears to be too short; tie pattern is not pleasant; striped fabric doesn't work well for odd trousers; the squarish toe on the shoes is less than ideal

Thanks for the critique.  So a solid grey pant would have been the better route to go? I've always wondered what is ideal for length of a jacket as well, any tips? And would a similar color for the shoe work in a wing tip with a more rounded toe?

post #40326 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz View Post


Nice.

 

Thank you!

post #40327 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

I dont see you needing much more than a 12' rise to achieve the look you are after without looking silly. You're probably wearing a 10-11' rise in your photos?  Try a 12, high but not to high.

Imo, a higher rise looks good on folks with a longer torso (obviously) and those that are athletic with broad shoulders.  Your proportions are very good, so dont go overboard.

i could very well be wrong, but are you confusing two terms here?

rise is measured from the top of the waist and down, clap is talking about a higher waist, as in the waist extending up his torso further. additional rise would more likely just make the crotch lower, which clap does not need, not make the waist sit higher.


maybe just semantics, idk.

anyways, clap, i hate you. you have nice hair, and a great build. go hit yourself in the face with a rusty drainpipe.
post #40328 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i could very well be wrong, but are you confusing two terms here?
rise is measured from the top of the waist and down, clap is talking about a higher waist, as in the waist extending up his torso further. additional rise would more likely just make the crotch lower, which clap does not need, not make the waist sit higher.
maybe just semantics, idk.
anyways, clap, i hate you. you have nice hair, and a great build. go hit yourself in the face with a rusty drainpipe.

My good friend,

I believe rise is determined by subtracting the length of the inseam from the length of the outseam (the distance from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the leg).

So, assuming the trousers were pulled up properly and sized for his waist at the top of the trouser, there should be no drop-crotch effect.

C
post #40329 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

I dont see you needing much more than a 12' rise to achieve the look you are after without looking silly. You're probably wearing a 10-11' rise in your photos?  Try a 12, high but not to high.

Imo, a higher rise looks good on folks with a longer torso (obviously) and those that are athletic with broad shoulders.  Your proportions are very good, so dont go overboard.

i could very well be wrong, but are you confusing two terms here?

rise is measured from the top of the waist and down, clap is talking about a higher waist, as in the waist extending up his torso further. additional rise would more likely just make the crotch lower, which clap does not need, not make the waist sit higher.


maybe just semantics, idk.

anyways, clap, i hate you. you have nice hair, and a great build. go hit yourself in the face with a rusty drainpipe.

 

 

thirty two fucking thousand posts and stitches does not know what rise is... rotflmao.gif

post #40330 of 78723

thanks for making me laugh tears, late at night stitch

 

just check out the pics of medtech I've spoilered to get an idea what is meant with high rise. You've probably spend too much time on SWD if you actually assumed that I was considering drop crotch pants...

 

Quote:

 

 


Edited by clapeyron - 11/27/12 at 3:44pm
post #40331 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I guess you told me.


The question is, what was I told? I am waiting for the penny to drop.
post #40332 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyPoo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Welcome, PattyPoo.

The positive: The colors go together well

The negative: Jacket appears to be too short; tie pattern is not pleasant; striped fabric doesn't work well for odd trousers; the squarish toe on the shoes is less than ideal
Thanks for the critique.  So a solid grey pant would have been the better route to go? I've always wondered what is ideal for length of a jacket as well, any tips? And would a similar color for the shoe work in a wing tip with a more rounded toe?

Yes, solid gray. Jacket length is subjective, but at minimum, it should cover your ass completely. Even then, it can look too short. A more rounded toe in general would be preferable.
post #40333 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

^^^ Absolutely love the watch. Simplicity and minimalism are my watchwords for wrist wear.

Thanks. I love them too smile.gif
post #40334 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Yes, solid gray. Jacket length is subjective, but at minimum, it should cover your ass completely. Even then, it can look too short. A more rounded toe in general would be preferable.

Appreciated. These shoes were the first "nice" pair of shoes I invested in. I was determined to get non square toes because of this forum, yet still found a way to fail. Getting convinced by SA's is something I've been bad at in the past but am getting much better at it. Ah well, I shall invest in a nice brown pair with a more rounded toe, as I have a black pair that fits the bill.

 

I'm going to have to take a look at the rest of my jackets to make sure they're not too short. Grr to learning.

post #40335 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post

My good friend,
I believe rise is determined by subtracting the length of the inseam from the length of the outseam (the distance from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the leg).
So, assuming the trousers were pulled up properly and sized for his waist at the top of the trouser, there should be no drop-crotch effect.
C
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post


thirty two fucking thousand posts and stitches does not know what rise is... rotflmao.gif

well, i just ordered a pait of MTM pants from edmorel @ panta, and based on how he had me measure, and the terms he used, you guys are wrong.

quote

"measure the rise for me (top of the waistband down to the seam just below the crotch). "

EAT IT

so, the more you add to the "rise," the more you add to the crotch. or alternatively, less rise, would have a snugger crotch. that all has nothing to do with how high up the waist of the pants goes up the torso.

obviously, the measurement is from waist to crotch, either way. and no, this is not the same is subtracting the inseam fro the outseam, as the measurement to the seam below the crotch extends/curves inwards. whereas inseam/outseam are measured flat.

i was just saying, that i believe the term "rise" refers to measuring downward, the more you add, the more you add in the crotch. as opposed to whatever the hell word a tailor would use to determine that you are adding length upwards, based on a predetermined measurement from crotch up. meaning, you decide the rise you want for optimal pen0r comfort, and then add upwards from there. semantics maybe, but it is an important distinction in measuring your pants.

once again, EAT IT.

*waiting for knowledgeable tailor to put me in my place and tell me im wrong*


Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

thanks for making me laugh tears, late at night stitch

just check out the pics of medtech I've spoilered to get an idea what is meant with high rise. You've probably spend too much time on SWD if you actually assumed that I was considering drop crotch pants...

my pleasure. i knew what you meant, i was merely pontificating on frankies terminology.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III