This particular tie is as I said part of the mandatory dress code for some occasions, nothing I can do about it myself.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2687post #40291 of 7872211/27/12 at 9:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40292 of 7872211/27/12 at 9:42ampost #40293 of 7872211/27/12 at 9:44ampost #40294 of 7872211/27/12 at 9:47ampost #40295 of 7872211/27/12 at 9:56ampost #40296 of 7872211/27/12 at 10:04ampost #40297 of 7872211/27/12 at 10:08ampost #40298 of 7872211/27/12 at 10:15am
I like your outfit very much, your tie is very powerful but i see why you wore it and your PS works well with your shirt, tie and shoes.
You mention your trouser cuffs, it suits the heavy fabric and looks fairly traditional, I would like to see the waist and pockets on the trousers though. Are they pleated?
Strong vibrant and exuberantly youthful IMO.post #40299 of 7872211/27/12 at 10:54am
They are not pleated but the pants do have a higher rise with the waist coming a little less than an inch below my navel.
So in general, cuffs work better on heavy, darker fabric?
I research and teach economics. Don't have my PhD...application deadline is in a few weeks for most of the programs I'm applying to, so stressful times in the Clagapartment. I first moved out here in 2009 figuring (correctly) that it would be a fantastic place to improve my CV, as well as a good place to escape the American job market for recent graduates.post #40300 of 7872211/27/12 at 11:34ampost #40301 of 7872211/27/12 at 11:35ampost #40302 of 7872211/27/12 at 11:38ampost #40303 of 7872211/27/12 at 11:40ampost #40304 of 7872211/27/12 at 11:46am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › RL Godstl Chelsea Boots NIB 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...