Edited by Kai - 11/27/12 at 8:44am
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2686post #40277 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:16ampost #40278 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:35ampost #40279 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:43amI think that a suit like that will only work with a solid (maybe white) shirt.
I would likely choose black shoes (or at least a darker shade of brown.)
Could really use a tie and a pocket square.Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
proxy posting for my little bro, and his new bespoke suit and shirt. made by some traveling indian fellow. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #40280 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:47ampost #40281 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:47am
cool. ill tell him you said so.Quote:
yes, the club collar. doesnt do it for me, but lots of peeps like it. i sold him that watch, got him a great deal too.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Stitchy, I like the fabric on your bro's suit. It's bold, but bold can be good. Not crazy about the fit.
- Looks like the back rise on the pants is too long, needs to be cleaned up. I think less taper to the cuff would be better too, proportionally. More on that below.
- Hard to tell much about the jacket fit with that stance. However, just going off what I see:
- Shoulder looks kinda extended, borderline too wide. If that's a deliberate style choice (which is fine) I think there needs to be balance below, i.e., not such skinny tapered pants.
- Collar seems to be sitting low and away from the neckline. With that and the way the lower front is pulling up and away, I smell a front-to-back balance problem.
- He may have a low right shoulder that wasn't corrected for, resulting in the wrinkles on that side of the vest
- Did he just choose not to button up the vest all the way, or is it too tight for him to do so?
lol, you sound like me when i talk to him. thanks for putting it into words.
he thinks the shoulders are fine, i told him i disagree, they extend well past his actual shoulders. he intentionally pushes his chest out and his jacket back, causing that gap you refer to, and he intentionally leaves a few buttons open on the vest, that is his spreez/swag. he is more #menswear, than #tailored clothing.
also, i really think the guy he uses is a weak sauce bespoke maker. it always seems off to me when i see his work. but, he likes it, and for the vast majority of people that see him, ho looks like a stylin dude.
i always enjoy/want to pull my hair out, when we talk about style.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
I get the exact same thing with my brother. Won't listen to me that stuff is too tight, or that his first couple of suits shouldn't be loud patterns or niche fabrics.
Anyways, since I'm guessing based on this that your brother isn't going to change his ways overnight, at the least try to get him to wear a solid, sober shirt with that suit, might tone it down a bit.
And yeah, button up one more button of that vest
lolz, good luck getting him into a solid shirt. ill try.
thanks, guys!post #40282 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:51ampost #40283 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:53ampost #40284 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:55ampost #40285 of 7871711/27/12 at 8:59ampost #40286 of 7871711/27/12 at 9:13ampost #40287 of 7871711/27/12 at 9:23ampost #40288 of 7871711/27/12 at 9:36ampost #40289 of 7871711/27/12 at 9:39ampost #40290 of 7871711/27/12 at 9:42am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1730 Active Users (348 Members and 1382 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Portland 389 Last, size 9UK, snuff suede 1 minute ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...