For serious. This just...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2657post #39841 of 7872111/18/12 at 6:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39842 of 7872111/18/12 at 7:05pmpost #39843 of 7872111/18/12 at 8:13pmpost #39844 of 7872111/18/12 at 8:37pm
So, last night was the Marine Corps birthday ball for my unit. This counts as tailored clothing, right?
In all seriousness, what I wore today is my real contribution. I went to full blown trad with this outfit. Everything is Brooks Brothers except the tie (Eton), shoes (AE), and PS (Bloomingdales).
Now I'm not normally one to treat suspenders like a fashion statement (I started wearing them more because they didn't upset my stomach like belts tend to do), but I had to show off these beauties, because I've been coveting a pair like this for quite a while, and I finally nabbed them off of ebay for only $12.
As an added bonus, I stumbled upon this piece of work at a Goodwill today.... I had no reason to buy it, but I couldn't resist trying it on...post #39845 of 7872111/19/12 at 12:36ampost #39846 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:01amI think most of my clothes have already been featured here before, the result of having a rather modest wardrobe, and most of today's items have been rather frequent (since they are among my favourite clothes!). Also, not sure whether the PS works here, but I thought I at least should give it a try.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: vintage Fallan & Harvey
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: No name, Macclesfield silk
Trousers: Pakeman Catto & Carter flannels
Shoes: Tricker'spost #39847 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:08ampost #39848 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:09ampost #39849 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:10ampost #39850 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:13ampost #39851 of 7872111/19/12 at 6:34am
What a great thread. I really appreciate all the photos. I'm taking the title literally, and right now; 8:18 a.m. I'm wearing.
1) house shoes "Isotoner" with white socks. It's cold outside. My wife bought them.
2) Navy blue chinos. NOT permanent press. Austin clothing @ $15.00.
3) Pea marle lambswool turtleneck sweater, tucked in under light brown suspenders.
4) I wore this at 6:30 a.m. under an Orvis weatherproof breaker topped with a brown tweed newsboy cap to walk the dogs.
I don't know if I can mention this, but the sweater comes from woolover in the UK. They have a great selection of inexpensive sweaters for wearing around the house, hiking, or performing duties. They look pretty good, and are very warm.
I can only dream about wearing some of the clothes you fellows photo. Thanks for sharing.
I mention the price of the chinos because I'm fed up with permanent press chinos. Ranging from prices of $40.00 to $125.00. If I find good "non Permanent Press" chinos, they are rather expensive. The Austins are nice, but they are made for working, so they have a very loose cut. The quality and finish in the seams and waistband is excellent, but if they were trimmed down I could wear them with nicer clothes.
I have one pair of crease resistent chinos from Jos Bank, but they look nice because the fabric is more suitable for dress; very smooth and sleek, but not what I would consider a real chino.post #39852 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:02ampost #39853 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:03ampost #39854 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:11am
The tie is double dimpled. I kind of liked the way it looked so didn't bother retying.
Hopefully less "lonely" than last bathroom picture.
A little sumthin' sumthin' for Mr. p Booth (Click to show)post #39855 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:16am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 58 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015