ummm... NO. Shock and awe perhaps....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2657
So, last night was the Marine Corps birthday ball for my unit. This counts as tailored clothing, right?
In all seriousness, what I wore today is my real contribution. I went to full blown trad with this outfit. Everything is Brooks Brothers except the tie (Eton), shoes (AE), and PS (Bloomingdales).
Now I'm not normally one to treat suspenders like a fashion statement (I started wearing them more because they didn't upset my stomach like belts tend to do), but I had to show off these beauties, because I've been coveting a pair like this for quite a while, and I finally nabbed them off of ebay for only $12.
As an added bonus, I stumbled upon this piece of work at a Goodwill today.... I had no reason to buy it, but I couldn't resist trying it on...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: No name, Macclesfield silk
Trousers: Pakeman Catto & Carter flannels
What a great thread. I really appreciate all the photos. I'm taking the title literally, and right now; 8:18 a.m. I'm wearing.
1) house shoes "Isotoner" with white socks. It's cold outside. My wife bought them.
2) Navy blue chinos. NOT permanent press. Austin clothing @ $15.00.
3) Pea marle lambswool turtleneck sweater, tucked in under light brown suspenders.
4) I wore this at 6:30 a.m. under an Orvis weatherproof breaker topped with a brown tweed newsboy cap to walk the dogs.
I don't know if I can mention this, but the sweater comes from woolover in the UK. They have a great selection of inexpensive sweaters for wearing around the house, hiking, or performing duties. They look pretty good, and are very warm.
I can only dream about wearing some of the clothes you fellows photo. Thanks for sharing.
I mention the price of the chinos because I'm fed up with permanent press chinos. Ranging from prices of $40.00 to $125.00. If I find good "non Permanent Press" chinos, they are rather expensive. The Austins are nice, but they are made for working, so they have a very loose cut. The quality and finish in the seams and waistband is excellent, but if they were trimmed down I could wear them with nicer clothes.
I have one pair of crease resistent chinos from Jos Bank, but they look nice because the fabric is more suitable for dress; very smooth and sleek, but not what I would consider a real chino.
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project or Butler Luxury Hangers? 37 seconds ago
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 44 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 2 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw