For serious. This just...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2657post #39841 of 7872111/18/12 at 6:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39842 of 7872111/18/12 at 7:05pmpost #39843 of 7872111/18/12 at 8:13pmpost #39844 of 7872111/18/12 at 8:37pm
So, last night was the Marine Corps birthday ball for my unit. This counts as tailored clothing, right?
In all seriousness, what I wore today is my real contribution. I went to full blown trad with this outfit. Everything is Brooks Brothers except the tie (Eton), shoes (AE), and PS (Bloomingdales).
Now I'm not normally one to treat suspenders like a fashion statement (I started wearing them more because they didn't upset my stomach like belts tend to do), but I had to show off these beauties, because I've been coveting a pair like this for quite a while, and I finally nabbed them off of ebay for only $12.
As an added bonus, I stumbled upon this piece of work at a Goodwill today.... I had no reason to buy it, but I couldn't resist trying it on...post #39845 of 7872111/19/12 at 12:36ampost #39846 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:01amI think most of my clothes have already been featured here before, the result of having a rather modest wardrobe, and most of today's items have been rather frequent (since they are among my favourite clothes!). Also, not sure whether the PS works here, but I thought I at least should give it a try.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: vintage Fallan & Harvey
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: No name, Macclesfield silk
Trousers: Pakeman Catto & Carter flannels
Shoes: Tricker'spost #39847 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:08ampost #39848 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:09ampost #39849 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:10ampost #39850 of 7872111/19/12 at 2:13ampost #39851 of 7872111/19/12 at 6:34am
What a great thread. I really appreciate all the photos. I'm taking the title literally, and right now; 8:18 a.m. I'm wearing.
1) house shoes "Isotoner" with white socks. It's cold outside. My wife bought them.
2) Navy blue chinos. NOT permanent press. Austin clothing @ $15.00.
3) Pea marle lambswool turtleneck sweater, tucked in under light brown suspenders.
4) I wore this at 6:30 a.m. under an Orvis weatherproof breaker topped with a brown tweed newsboy cap to walk the dogs.
I don't know if I can mention this, but the sweater comes from woolover in the UK. They have a great selection of inexpensive sweaters for wearing around the house, hiking, or performing duties. They look pretty good, and are very warm.
I can only dream about wearing some of the clothes you fellows photo. Thanks for sharing.
I mention the price of the chinos because I'm fed up with permanent press chinos. Ranging from prices of $40.00 to $125.00. If I find good "non Permanent Press" chinos, they are rather expensive. The Austins are nice, but they are made for working, so they have a very loose cut. The quality and finish in the seams and waistband is excellent, but if they were trimmed down I could wear them with nicer clothes.
I have one pair of crease resistent chinos from Jos Bank, but they look nice because the fabric is more suitable for dress; very smooth and sleek, but not what I would consider a real chino.post #39852 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:02ampost #39853 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:03ampost #39854 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:11am
The tie is double dimpled. I kind of liked the way it looked so didn't bother retying.
Hopefully less "lonely" than last bathroom picture.
A little sumthin' sumthin' for Mr. p Booth (Click to show)post #39855 of 7872111/19/12 at 7:16am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 29 minutes ago
- › How dens Kitc he ns For Sa le Nancegollan 31 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 33 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...