Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2657post #39841 of 7872311/18/12 at 6:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39842 of 7872311/18/12 at 6:36pmpost #39843 of 7872311/18/12 at 7:05pmpost #39844 of 7872311/18/12 at 8:13pmpost #39845 of 7872311/18/12 at 8:37pm
So, last night was the Marine Corps birthday ball for my unit. This counts as tailored clothing, right?
In all seriousness, what I wore today is my real contribution. I went to full blown trad with this outfit. Everything is Brooks Brothers except the tie (Eton), shoes (AE), and PS (Bloomingdales).
Now I'm not normally one to treat suspenders like a fashion statement (I started wearing them more because they didn't upset my stomach like belts tend to do), but I had to show off these beauties, because I've been coveting a pair like this for quite a while, and I finally nabbed them off of ebay for only $12.
As an added bonus, I stumbled upon this piece of work at a Goodwill today.... I had no reason to buy it, but I couldn't resist trying it on...post #39846 of 7872311/19/12 at 12:36ampost #39847 of 7872311/19/12 at 2:01amI think most of my clothes have already been featured here before, the result of having a rather modest wardrobe, and most of today's items have been rather frequent (since they are among my favourite clothes!). Also, not sure whether the PS works here, but I thought I at least should give it a try.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: vintage Fallan & Harvey
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: No name, Macclesfield silk
Trousers: Pakeman Catto & Carter flannels
Shoes: Tricker'spost #39848 of 7872311/19/12 at 2:08ampost #39849 of 7872311/19/12 at 2:09ampost #39850 of 7872311/19/12 at 2:10ampost #39851 of 7872311/19/12 at 2:13ampost #39852 of 7872311/19/12 at 6:34am
What a great thread. I really appreciate all the photos. I'm taking the title literally, and right now; 8:18 a.m. I'm wearing.
1) house shoes "Isotoner" with white socks. It's cold outside. My wife bought them.
2) Navy blue chinos. NOT permanent press. Austin clothing @ $15.00.
3) Pea marle lambswool turtleneck sweater, tucked in under light brown suspenders.
4) I wore this at 6:30 a.m. under an Orvis weatherproof breaker topped with a brown tweed newsboy cap to walk the dogs.
I don't know if I can mention this, but the sweater comes from woolover in the UK. They have a great selection of inexpensive sweaters for wearing around the house, hiking, or performing duties. They look pretty good, and are very warm.
I can only dream about wearing some of the clothes you fellows photo. Thanks for sharing.
I mention the price of the chinos because I'm fed up with permanent press chinos. Ranging from prices of $40.00 to $125.00. If I find good "non Permanent Press" chinos, they are rather expensive. The Austins are nice, but they are made for working, so they have a very loose cut. The quality and finish in the seams and waistband is excellent, but if they were trimmed down I could wear them with nicer clothes.
I have one pair of crease resistent chinos from Jos Bank, but they look nice because the fabric is more suitable for dress; very smooth and sleek, but not what I would consider a real chino.post #39853 of 7872311/19/12 at 7:02ampost #39854 of 7872311/19/12 at 7:03ampost #39855 of 7872311/19/12 at 7:11am
The tie is double dimpled. I kind of liked the way it looked so didn't bother retying.
Hopefully less "lonely" than last bathroom picture.
A little sumthin' sumthin' for Mr. p Booth (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...