I will weep myself to sleep this night, so cussing envious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2652post #39767 of 7871711/17/12 at 2:49pm
"I heard he lives in a castle too."
Hold the tears guys. Those are neither Ascot Chang nor Anna Matuozzo shirts nor are they probably near that quality by any sort of comparison.
This is merely the result of a rather laborious venture of mine. The result being an inexpensive Chinese tailor who is now capable of cutting and sewing my shirt.
- The patented German Überhemd.
I source the fabric and the buttons myself. She does the cutting and the sewing (mostly by machine) and her daughter sews on the buttons. The top two on the placket as well as all the buttons on the cuff are shanked by hand.
It took me 2.5 months, roughly 6 fittings and various bolts of cloth until I was satisfied with the outcome. I had to revise and tweak and redraw the collar numerous times in CATIA for this. Now she is able of crafting the shirts without my supervision. Still however, she sometimes goes into 'Chinese improvisation freestyle' mode and makes mistakes resulting in the collar arriving with a gap 4mm too wide or points 3 mm too short or the placket too wide or most recently she forgot to sew in the extra buttonhole on my patented "Übermanschette". But those mistakes are accounted for and I should be used to China being China by now.
All this comes down to ~27€ of labour for each shirt. Depending on which fabric I chose this adds up to 70-150€ including the MoP buttons of which I bought a shit load from my button guy and smuggled out of Thailand in filled to the brim worn socks. Right now there are 3 shirts of amazing cotton/linen blend fabric from my fabric guy in Kairo. Total cost of each shirt ~ 73€.
Right now they are learning how to hand roll pocketsquares for 30RMB per hank.post #39768 of 7871711/17/12 at 2:58pmfml, now I will weep myself to sleep even for the rest of the month
btw, you are obviously the greatest of all engineering style nerds, drawing collars in CATIA, wtf dude
Will we see another SF induced business - clapeyron pocketsquares?post #39769 of 7871711/17/12 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is great. The overall look, especially the unfused collar and the shoulder expression, seems so congruent to me. Who's the tailor? NSM? Is the fabric Minnis Fresco?post #39770 of 7871711/17/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
lots of lulz in there, SB.
and yes, i know.Quote:Originally Posted by Kappelan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Crat
Earlier this week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WIN X 3post #39771 of 7871711/17/12 at 5:38pmpost #39772 of 7871711/17/12 at 6:03pmpost #39773 of 7871711/17/12 at 6:11pmpost #39774 of 7871711/17/12 at 6:38pmpost #39775 of 7871711/17/12 at 6:49pmI too agree that the look would have a sense of completion with a tie, peak lapel and 3-piece pinstripe. There is no way you will have a job at Brooks Brothers with that style, just kidding man, i just wanted to throw that out there
Nice suit regardless SS, who is the maker if only I can wonder?post #39776 of 7871711/17/12 at 6:55pmpost #39777 of 7871711/17/12 at 7:00pm
Maybe I need to undo two more shirt buttons?Quote:Don't worry, I have a shorter length Drakes POW tie on my list.Quote:Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
I too agree that the look would have a sense of completion with a tie, peak lapel and 3-piece pinstripe. There is no way you will have a job at Brooks Brothers with that style, just kidding man, i just wanted to throw that out there
Nice suit regardless SS, who is the maker if only I can wonder?
Samuelsohn MTM, I can only aspire to work in a Brooks Brothers outlet or mall location.post #39778 of 7871711/17/12 at 7:03pmpost #39779 of 7871711/17/12 at 7:15pmpost #39780 of 7871711/17/12 at 7:52pmhello again MC, i wore a suit today (same as before but paired differently ... with clearer pics this time at least. manual focus win!)
in search of the autumn harvest (Click to show)
the cap was not worn
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Cheapies 2016 Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 14 minutes ago
- › NIB: Riccardo Bestetti Burgundy Richelieu Wholecut (RTW line) 1966... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › NWT Caruso for Barneys Handmade in Italy Charcoal Suit 40S 16 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...