Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2652
"I heard he lives in a castle too."
Hold the tears guys. Those are neither Ascot Chang nor Anna Matuozzo shirts nor are they probably near that quality by any sort of comparison.
This is merely the result of a rather laborious venture of mine. The result being an inexpensive Chinese tailor who is now capable of cutting and sewing my shirt.
- The patented German Überhemd.
I source the fabric and the buttons myself. She does the cutting and the sewing (mostly by machine) and her daughter sews on the buttons. The top two on the placket as well as all the buttons on the cuff are shanked by hand.
It took me 2.5 months, roughly 6 fittings and various bolts of cloth until I was satisfied with the outcome. I had to revise and tweak and redraw the collar numerous times in CATIA for this. Now she is able of crafting the shirts without my supervision. Still however, she sometimes goes into 'Chinese improvisation freestyle' mode and makes mistakes resulting in the collar arriving with a gap 4mm too wide or points 3 mm too short or the placket too wide or most recently she forgot to sew in the extra buttonhole on my patented "Übermanschette". But those mistakes are accounted for and I should be used to China being China by now.
All this comes down to ~27€ of labour for each shirt. Depending on which fabric I chose this adds up to 70-150€ including the MoP buttons of which I bought a shit load from my button guy and smuggled out of Thailand in filled to the brim worn socks. Right now there are 3 shirts of amazing cotton/linen blend fabric from my fabric guy in Kairo. Total cost of each shirt ~ 73€.
Right now they are learning how to hand roll pocketsquares for 30RMB per hank.
lots of lulz in there, SB.
and yes, i know.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Earlier this week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WIN X 3
Nice suit regardless SS, who is the maker if only I can wonder?
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › WTB: Rick Owens BLISTER LEATHER JACKET 13 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 56 seconds ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 1 minute ago
- › Gordon Yao, Bespoke Tailors - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw