Quoted cause I just literally spit my drink out
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2648
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39707 of 7872311/15/12 at 7:39pmpost #39708 of 7872311/15/12 at 7:44pmpost #39709 of 7872311/15/12 at 8:51pmpost #39710 of 7872311/15/12 at 9:48pmWell let me put it this way, and this may not apply to 95% of the people who post here because they work in CBD environments. The day and age of every man wearing a suit and tie has sadly disappeared unless you work in law, banking, etc, etc. At my place of work everything is about personal style while still knowing how to accommodate to the CBD wearer. Most of our customers that wear ties wear them by choice and very few of them absolutely have to wear a suit everyday. We are all about bending the rules; taking studied cues from classics and making them our own. Showing that wearing suit and tie at the end of the day is just clothing and can be worn outside of a strict business setting. We have a very PJohnson tailor (minus the ankle bracelet)/ Sid Mashburn vibe. I'm just here to learn and appreciate what others bring to the table.
Oh and I am aware that some of what I wear is way over the toppost #39711 of 7872311/15/12 at 10:08pmThis is a quote from someone
It looks awful and smacks of laziness in my opinion.
The guy knots his tie and instead of it reaching the belt buckle as it should, he finds it is too long, and being too lazy to redo the knot he stuffs it into his trouser waist. No, no, it's not style at all. The style police should take the guy and his tie and summarily strangle him with it at dawn.post #39712 of 7872311/15/12 at 10:29pmLong time lurker here trying to learn from you guys on this forum. How am I doing? I picked up the suit at a "higher end" thrift store for $50. Its a DKNY suit which i'm sure is fused construction but it was cheap and I thought it fit pretty well. Is it worth paying for the alterations for it? The tie was picked up at a PRL outlet for $29 and the shirt was bought in a Charles Tyrwhitt 4 for 199 sale, but I had a groupon there so it ended up being 4 for $150. Shoes are Cole Haans also from the outlet. So from head to toe the outfit cost just a little over $200. I'm just starting off in the world of banking so for the time being I'm trying to look good on a budget. I'd love some feedback, I've already learned a lot from this forum, most of which will be better applied once I have more disposable income.
Thanks!post #39713 of 7872311/15/12 at 10:41pmpost #39714 of 7872311/15/12 at 11:26pmpost #39715 of 7872311/15/12 at 11:34pm
I'm new to SF, and posted this twice by accident as I thought it hadn't uploaded properly the first time, sorry 'bout that.
Camps de Luca bespoke, in a Schofield S180's. The only Camps posted so far I beleive.
Before you make remarks on the sleeve length, I assure you that the shirt cuff is showing, but just not on the picture which was taken from above.
Edited by dirnelli - 11/16/12 at 2:55ampost #39716 of 7872311/15/12 at 11:41pmpost #39717 of 7872311/16/12 at 12:32ampost #39718 of 7872311/16/12 at 12:38ampost #39719 of 7872311/16/12 at 1:08amFor a change, a casual Friday today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: Zegna silk/cashmere (and soft as a baby's bottom)
Shoes: Lloyd (pre-SF buy, but good beater shoes)post #39720 of 7872311/16/12 at 5:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 28 minutes ago
- › Floral Challenge - VOTING THREAD - please vote by 31st August 29 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)