Connery's tie bar looks quite low in that pic
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2648
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39707 of 7872111/15/12 at 7:44pmpost #39708 of 7872111/15/12 at 8:51pmpost #39709 of 7872111/15/12 at 9:48pmWell let me put it this way, and this may not apply to 95% of the people who post here because they work in CBD environments. The day and age of every man wearing a suit and tie has sadly disappeared unless you work in law, banking, etc, etc. At my place of work everything is about personal style while still knowing how to accommodate to the CBD wearer. Most of our customers that wear ties wear them by choice and very few of them absolutely have to wear a suit everyday. We are all about bending the rules; taking studied cues from classics and making them our own. Showing that wearing suit and tie at the end of the day is just clothing and can be worn outside of a strict business setting. We have a very PJohnson tailor (minus the ankle bracelet)/ Sid Mashburn vibe. I'm just here to learn and appreciate what others bring to the table.
Oh and I am aware that some of what I wear is way over the toppost #39710 of 7872111/15/12 at 10:08pmThis is a quote from someone
It looks awful and smacks of laziness in my opinion.
The guy knots his tie and instead of it reaching the belt buckle as it should, he finds it is too long, and being too lazy to redo the knot he stuffs it into his trouser waist. No, no, it's not style at all. The style police should take the guy and his tie and summarily strangle him with it at dawn.post #39711 of 7872111/15/12 at 10:29pmLong time lurker here trying to learn from you guys on this forum. How am I doing? I picked up the suit at a "higher end" thrift store for $50. Its a DKNY suit which i'm sure is fused construction but it was cheap and I thought it fit pretty well. Is it worth paying for the alterations for it? The tie was picked up at a PRL outlet for $29 and the shirt was bought in a Charles Tyrwhitt 4 for 199 sale, but I had a groupon there so it ended up being 4 for $150. Shoes are Cole Haans also from the outlet. So from head to toe the outfit cost just a little over $200. I'm just starting off in the world of banking so for the time being I'm trying to look good on a budget. I'd love some feedback, I've already learned a lot from this forum, most of which will be better applied once I have more disposable income.
Thanks!post #39712 of 7872111/15/12 at 10:41pmpost #39713 of 7872111/15/12 at 11:26pmpost #39714 of 7872111/15/12 at 11:34pm
I'm new to SF, and posted this twice by accident as I thought it hadn't uploaded properly the first time, sorry 'bout that.
Camps de Luca bespoke, in a Schofield S180's. The only Camps posted so far I beleive.
Before you make remarks on the sleeve length, I assure you that the shirt cuff is showing, but just not on the picture which was taken from above.
Edited by dirnelli - 11/16/12 at 2:55ampost #39715 of 7872111/15/12 at 11:41pmpost #39716 of 7872111/16/12 at 12:32ampost #39717 of 7872111/16/12 at 12:38ampost #39718 of 7872111/16/12 at 1:08amFor a change, a casual Friday today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: Zegna silk/cashmere (and soft as a baby's bottom)
Shoes: Lloyd (pre-SF buy, but good beater shoes)post #39719 of 7872111/16/12 at 5:23ampost #39720 of 7872111/16/12 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
Long time lurker here trying to learn from you guys on this forum. How am I doing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I picked up the suit at a "higher end" thrift store for $50. Its a DKNY suit which i'm sure is fused construction but it was cheap and I thought it fit pretty well. Is it worth paying for the alterations for it? The tie was picked up at a PRL outlet for $29 and the shirt was bought in a Charles Tyrwhitt 4 for 199 sale, but I had a groupon there so it ended up being 4 for $150. Shoes are Cole Haans also from the outlet. So from head to toe the outfit cost just a little over $200. I'm just starting off in the world of banking so for the time being I'm trying to look good on a budget. I'd love some feedback, I've already learned a lot from this forum, most of which will be better applied once I have more disposable income.Thanks! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
there is a lot that is right with this, good color combo, pretty good fit too.
1. you should shorten your cuffs.
2. pull that tie knot a little tighter, and then pull the tie all the way up.
also, you may or may not know, but a lot of people put critiques in the "like" comment field. have a look if you have not seen them.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 1 minute ago
- › Latest Point and Shoot Cameras 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...