SS, I'm now seeing tie pins (is there a special name for the safety pin type tie pin?) everywhere I look. They seem to be in heavy use in Boardwalk Empire with the better dressed characters.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2638post #39556 of 7872311/13/12 at 5:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39557 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
IrateCustomer: Why bother with the tie? Leaving aside the diamond pattern on the sweater vest (and it would be better left aside), the tie doesn't dress up the combo, it just makes you look like you're working at the upscale hi-fi store or that you're the IT guy trying too hard. Wear something that works with a tie or don't wear a tie.
I have to wear a tie. And since I'm just now starting pick up SCs, I'm trying to rotate sweaters and the like. I know the tie/sweater was going to miss with most folks on here, but its what I wore, so fuck it. As stated it was chilly, but warmed up this afternoon, so half the day was spent sans vest. I wasn't trying to dress up the fit with the tie, but moreso soften the tie up.
Until I get a navy solaro suit, this tie ia going to be be a challenge, and I'm fine with that as its part of the fun.
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2post #39558 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:43pmI take it there are no decent thrift stores in the Armpit of California. One navy SC will go a long way, though. Maybe one of them joints from Lands End?
Well, if you must wear the tie, you get the Official Digmenow My Boss Makes Me Wear This Hall Pass™.post #39559 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:49pmQuote:
I moved out here to Central Cali (what most consider the armpit of Cali) from Baltimore and New York and find that shopping out here is atrocious.. I have to buy online or wait to go back to the east coast a couple times a year when I can to shop.. cant shop in the bay OTR anyways because most of the stuff is made for guys 6 feet and under and a buck fifty and some change and not a guy my size (6"8, 250).. and forget thrift..I don't know where he lives but I can testify to that if he lives around these parts..post #39560 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:51pmpost #39561 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:53pmpost #39562 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:02pmpost #39563 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:03pmpost #39564 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:13pmQuote:Its just called a collar pin, they are widely used in Boardwalk. The dress is half the reason to watch Boardwalk, I can't imagine the bill for costumes.Quote:
When I go hunting I trade my yellow vest in for camo, a deer stand and a cigar. I'm a grass root bumpkin, and Lord knows I'd fall off of a damn horse.post #39565 of 7872311/13/12 at 10:54pmI often wonder whose costume department would be most fascinating to explore, that of Mad Men or that of Boardwalk Empire. I've considered starting a poll. I think my vote would go to BE, but not by much.post #39566 of 7872311/14/12 at 12:39ampost #39567 of 7872311/14/12 at 1:32ampost #39568 of 7872311/14/12 at 1:48ampost #39569 of 7872311/14/12 at 3:23am
From yesterday..cooler today than yesterday so broke this out.. the only brown that I have in my closet and have not worn in a while..will invest in higher quality brown suit's when chance permits..
Suit: Hugo Boss
Shirt: CK Collection
Pocket Square: Banana Republic
Tie Bar: Macy's
Edited by chocsosa - 11/14/12 at 3:40ampost #39570 of 7872311/14/12 at 3:33am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)