I'm not sure I could find a truer statement in the history of mankind, if you don't count like everything I've ever said.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2636post #39526 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39527 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:45ampost #39528 of 7872311/13/12 at 8:53ampost #39529 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:20amAlright boys, I know I'm going to get squished for this one, but fuck it.
PRL Herringbone Pantaloons, 1.5" cuff
You've all seen these boots.
Warning: Click for the full splendor of the Zegna FU Tie! (Click to show)
Come at me bros....post #39530 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:23amsorry buddy, cant tell the correct colors. tie seems too shiny. not a huge fran of those kinds of sweaters.
i would throw a SC on top of it, and wear a fuzzier/more matted tie.
not horrible tho, imo.post #39531 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:26amQuote:
The tie does seem too shiny...because it's blindingly, FU shiny.post #39532 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:30ampost #39533 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:32ampost #39534 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:40ampost #39535 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:41ampost #39536 of 7872311/13/12 at 9:51ampost #39537 of 7872311/13/12 at 10:02ampost #39538 of 7872311/13/12 at 10:09am
Wow, so many comments. The picture ugprade does provide more opportunities for comments indeed and thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment.Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Seamasterlux, I have to admit, while I love the fabric and the color combination of your outfit, I would not have personally gone for a patch pocket construction, everything looks too city/business for me for patches.
Also what happened to the lovely shoes(what are they?)? I have seldomly seen wrinkles in a captoe?
Regarding the patch pocket, there was no question, I fell in love at first sight and really wanted them on this fabric. I know it would have been more understandable on a simple navy blazer but still, I'm fond of it.
Regarding the shoes (cheap Loding: 140 EUR, but cool patina which makes the difference), my feet are wide but rather flat at the end and the half-extra sole was too painful, hence the unfortunate wrinkles. Curious since I've got these in black too and don't have this issue.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Looking at your post and noting how perfect the fitting etc. of every other part of your outfit is, I thought I might adjust your tie knot for you.
Makes all the difference I think.
It's all in the details TBH - or why bother to wear a PS if you don't get your tie knot straight.
Hope you like the difference.
Hahaha, true indeed, I took the pictures a bit quickly but I actually re-adjusted it the knot in the mirror before leaving home so fear not!
Thank you and I agree, Sartoria Ripense's asola lucida are my favorites.
Thanks, I also didn't see any problem with the combination but I still consider myself a newbie in the pattern combination world compared to some advanced experts here so I'll tread softly and take every constructive criticism.
Thanks a lot. It's a cheap 170 EUR combo for both + 50 for both to get a patina. The Loding shoes last long and well except this particular one that got wrinkles from the start. I like them anyway.post #39539 of 7872311/13/12 at 10:25amQuote:
Both this issues are more about personal choice rather than any sort of orthodoxy, when the degree is small. For example, I think your suit already shows about 1/8" of linen, which is perfectly fine (more will show when in motion of course). Personally, I greatly prefer only a sliver of shirt cuff showing (1/4" at the very most) when standing normally rather than the the 1/4"-1/2" range more commonly seen on this forum. There are some vaguely plausible aesthetic reasons to choose to show more cuff with certain outfits e.g. if all the other details are in sync with it (e.g. relatively short jacket, minimal trouser break, etc, etc). but all else being equal, it really is more about personal choice. Turn-ups/cuffs follow the same logic, but even more so IMO.
Anyway, was 50/50 about this tie choice today, but in the end couldn't be bothered to change it after I got dressed and saw how it looked in the mirror... a dark brown or dark navy would have worked better than dark burgundy though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)