Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2636post #39526 of 7872111/13/12 at 8:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39527 of 7872111/13/12 at 8:53ampost #39528 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:20amAlright boys, I know I'm going to get squished for this one, but fuck it.
PRL Herringbone Pantaloons, 1.5" cuff
You've all seen these boots.
Warning: Click for the full splendor of the Zegna FU Tie! (Click to show)
Come at me bros....post #39529 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:23amsorry buddy, cant tell the correct colors. tie seems too shiny. not a huge fran of those kinds of sweaters.
i would throw a SC on top of it, and wear a fuzzier/more matted tie.
not horrible tho, imo.post #39530 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:26amQuote:
The tie does seem too shiny...because it's blindingly, FU shiny.post #39531 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:30ampost #39532 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:32ampost #39533 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:40ampost #39534 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:41ampost #39535 of 7872111/13/12 at 9:51ampost #39536 of 7872111/13/12 at 10:02ampost #39537 of 7872111/13/12 at 10:09am
Wow, so many comments. The picture ugprade does provide more opportunities for comments indeed and thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment.Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Seamasterlux, I have to admit, while I love the fabric and the color combination of your outfit, I would not have personally gone for a patch pocket construction, everything looks too city/business for me for patches.
Also what happened to the lovely shoes(what are they?)? I have seldomly seen wrinkles in a captoe?
Regarding the patch pocket, there was no question, I fell in love at first sight and really wanted them on this fabric. I know it would have been more understandable on a simple navy blazer but still, I'm fond of it.
Regarding the shoes (cheap Loding: 140 EUR, but cool patina which makes the difference), my feet are wide but rather flat at the end and the half-extra sole was too painful, hence the unfortunate wrinkles. Curious since I've got these in black too and don't have this issue.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Looking at your post and noting how perfect the fitting etc. of every other part of your outfit is, I thought I might adjust your tie knot for you.
Makes all the difference I think.
It's all in the details TBH - or why bother to wear a PS if you don't get your tie knot straight.
Hope you like the difference.
Hahaha, true indeed, I took the pictures a bit quickly but I actually re-adjusted it the knot in the mirror before leaving home so fear not!
Thank you and I agree, Sartoria Ripense's asola lucida are my favorites.
Thanks, I also didn't see any problem with the combination but I still consider myself a newbie in the pattern combination world compared to some advanced experts here so I'll tread softly and take every constructive criticism.
Thanks a lot. It's a cheap 170 EUR combo for both + 50 for both to get a patina. The Loding shoes last long and well except this particular one that got wrinkles from the start. I like them anyway.post #39538 of 7872111/13/12 at 10:25amQuote:
Both this issues are more about personal choice rather than any sort of orthodoxy, when the degree is small. For example, I think your suit already shows about 1/8" of linen, which is perfectly fine (more will show when in motion of course). Personally, I greatly prefer only a sliver of shirt cuff showing (1/4" at the very most) when standing normally rather than the the 1/4"-1/2" range more commonly seen on this forum. There are some vaguely plausible aesthetic reasons to choose to show more cuff with certain outfits e.g. if all the other details are in sync with it (e.g. relatively short jacket, minimal trouser break, etc, etc). but all else being equal, it really is more about personal choice. Turn-ups/cuffs follow the same logic, but even more so IMO.
Anyway, was 50/50 about this tie choice today, but in the end couldn't be bothered to change it after I got dressed and saw how it looked in the mirror... a dark brown or dark navy would have worked better than dark burgundy though.post #39539 of 7872111/13/12 at 11:16am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Corthay 14 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan