^ That suit seems a bit too business-y for a wool tie, IMO. If you have tweed sportcoats, that's the perfect tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2628post #39406 of 7871911/12/12 at 6:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39407 of 7871911/12/12 at 6:30ampost #39408 of 7871911/12/12 at 6:31ampost #39409 of 7871911/12/12 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Second go at the heavy wool tie. Same tie, different color. I did a better job with the shirt (which is more of a commentary on my previous choice than this one). This whole wool tie thing takes some figuring out (knots and texture).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i dont recall the other, but this seems quite harmonious.post #39410 of 7871911/12/12 at 6:58amQuote:
It's an odd jacket, but yeah, I see what you mean about mismatching levels of formality. It's one of two jackets I own that have some sort of orange...uhh...what do you call small amounts of color in clothes? As far as tweed. wouldn't that be too many rough textures?
It was much less harmonious, mostly because of a poor choice of shirt.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:By VictorSFretum
"Superb combo! I save this pic!"
Fuck yeah! I think of all the saved pictures, I have saved Spoo the most and Victor second. Quite happy to know it isn't entirely one way.post #39411 of 7871911/12/12 at 7:27amQuote:
If it's an odd jacket it kinda looks like an orphaned suit jacket...
Trying out new tweed MTM SC. I'm on vacation so I took pic @ home, where lighting sucks, camera is worse and I have no space to move; so please excuse the poor quality. Looks like someone else wanted to appear in the picture, too
Edited by RDiaz - 11/12/12 at 9:44ampost #39412 of 7871911/12/12 at 7:37ampost #39413 of 7871911/12/12 at 7:39ampost #39414 of 7871911/12/12 at 7:48am
Thanks It fits rather well regarding balance and overall body shape, and I'm happy as I'm definately making progress in how MTM fits with this tailor. If armholes were just a bit higher and shoulders softer / more sloped... they are quite restricting right now, and look a bit awkward when I move. Hope that will be fixed next time. Also, I asked for man-sized 11cm lapels and the jacket came with 9 cm ones; it looks like there was some misunderstanding between the tailor and the factory. I accepted it, anyways.
Also, just ordered a pair of light brown flannel trousers (from the same tailor) to go with itpost #39415 of 7871911/12/12 at 7:56ampost #39416 of 7871911/12/12 at 8:00ampost #39417 of 7871911/12/12 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
the karate joo! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
always wore this SC with a white shirt, some of you suggested blue, and OCBD, so here it is.
full, fit pic. my knee is slightly bend, causing the ripple in the left leg.
The length of this jacket works really well for you-- It's a little shorter than yours others, right?post #39418 of 7871911/12/12 at 8:10ampost #39419 of 7871911/12/12 at 8:18amQuote:
ummm, not sure if srs.
did you notice i was doing karate? lol, look at the actual fit pic, jacket fits quite well.Quote:
a lil bit shorten than most of the others, i do like it this length.
of this, i have no doubt.post #39420 of 7871911/12/12 at 8:23am
I'm not even remotely serious.
Sadly, I have this problem in real life. I deadpan everything (I grew up inspired by Daria), and often times it goes way over people's head. The worst part is, thinking back on it, I am always a little tickled by the fact that they thought I was serious. For some reason, I sometimes find it funnier when I'm the only one in on a joke; probably makes me some sort of jerk ^_^.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 34 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 38 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...