^ That suit seems a bit too business-y for a wool tie, IMO. If you have tweed sportcoats, that's the perfect tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2628post #39406 of 7872111/12/12 at 6:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39407 of 7872111/12/12 at 6:30ampost #39408 of 7872111/12/12 at 6:31ampost #39409 of 7872111/12/12 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Second go at the heavy wool tie. Same tie, different color. I did a better job with the shirt (which is more of a commentary on my previous choice than this one). This whole wool tie thing takes some figuring out (knots and texture).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i dont recall the other, but this seems quite harmonious.post #39410 of 7872111/12/12 at 6:58amQuote:
It's an odd jacket, but yeah, I see what you mean about mismatching levels of formality. It's one of two jackets I own that have some sort of orange...uhh...what do you call small amounts of color in clothes? As far as tweed. wouldn't that be too many rough textures?
It was much less harmonious, mostly because of a poor choice of shirt.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:By VictorSFretum
"Superb combo! I save this pic!"
Fuck yeah! I think of all the saved pictures, I have saved Spoo the most and Victor second. Quite happy to know it isn't entirely one way.post #39411 of 7872111/12/12 at 7:27amQuote:
If it's an odd jacket it kinda looks like an orphaned suit jacket...
Trying out new tweed MTM SC. I'm on vacation so I took pic @ home, where lighting sucks, camera is worse and I have no space to move; so please excuse the poor quality. Looks like someone else wanted to appear in the picture, too
Edited by RDiaz - 11/12/12 at 9:44ampost #39412 of 7872111/12/12 at 7:37ampost #39413 of 7872111/12/12 at 7:39ampost #39414 of 7872111/12/12 at 7:48am
Thanks It fits rather well regarding balance and overall body shape, and I'm happy as I'm definately making progress in how MTM fits with this tailor. If armholes were just a bit higher and shoulders softer / more sloped... they are quite restricting right now, and look a bit awkward when I move. Hope that will be fixed next time. Also, I asked for man-sized 11cm lapels and the jacket came with 9 cm ones; it looks like there was some misunderstanding between the tailor and the factory. I accepted it, anyways.
Also, just ordered a pair of light brown flannel trousers (from the same tailor) to go with itpost #39415 of 7872111/12/12 at 7:56ampost #39416 of 7872111/12/12 at 8:00ampost #39417 of 7872111/12/12 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
the karate joo! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
always wore this SC with a white shirt, some of you suggested blue, and OCBD, so here it is.
full, fit pic. my knee is slightly bend, causing the ripple in the left leg.
The length of this jacket works really well for you-- It's a little shorter than yours others, right?post #39418 of 7872111/12/12 at 8:10ampost #39419 of 7872111/12/12 at 8:18amQuote:
ummm, not sure if srs.
did you notice i was doing karate? lol, look at the actual fit pic, jacket fits quite well.Quote:
a lil bit shorten than most of the others, i do like it this length.
of this, i have no doubt.post #39420 of 7872111/12/12 at 8:23am
I'm not even remotely serious.
Sadly, I have this problem in real life. I deadpan everything (I grew up inspired by Daria), and often times it goes way over people's head. The worst part is, thinking back on it, I am always a little tickled by the fact that they thought I was serious. For some reason, I sometimes find it funnier when I'm the only one in on a joke; probably makes me some sort of jerk ^_^.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 45 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Momotaro x BO Deep Indigo 15.7oz Type 2 Denim Jacket BOM007 sz 38 18 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan