or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2628  

post #39406 of 78722

Second go at the heavy wool tie. Same tie, different color. I did a better job with the shirt (which is more of a commentary on my previous choice than this one). This whole wool tie thing takes some figuring out (knots and texture).

 

1000

post #39407 of 78722

^ That suit seems a bit too business-y for a wool tie, IMO. If you have tweed sportcoats, that's the perfect tie.

post #39408 of 78722

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

post #39409 of 78722

^ Wonderful.

post #39410 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Second go at the heavy wool tie. Same tie, different color. I did a better job with the shirt (which is more of a commentary on my previous choice than this one). This whole wool tie thing takes some figuring out (knots and texture).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i dont recall the other, but this seems quite harmonious.
post #39411 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

^ That suit seems a bit too business-y for a wool tie, IMO. If you have tweed sportcoats, that's the perfect tie.

It's an odd jacket, but yeah, I see what you mean about mismatching levels of formality. It's one of two jackets I own that have some sort of orange...uhh...what do you call small amounts of color in clothes? As far as tweed. wouldn't that be too many rough textures?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i dont recall the other, but this seems quite harmonious.

It was much less harmonious, mostly because of a poor choice of shirt.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

1000

 

 

 

Quote:
By VictorSFretum
"Superb combo! I save this pic!"

Fuck yeah! I think of all the saved pictures, I have saved Spoo the most and Victor second. Quite happy to know it isn't entirely one way.

post #39412 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

It's an odd jacket, but yeah, I see what you mean about mismatching levels of formality. It's one of two jackets I own that have some sort of orange...uhh...what do you call small amounts of color in clothes? As far as tweed. wouldn't that be too many rough textures?

 

If it's an odd jacket it kinda looks like an orphaned suit jacket... confused.gif

 

------------------------------------

 

Trying out new tweed MTM SC. I'm on vacation so I took pic @ home, where lighting sucks, camera is worse and I have no space to move; so please excuse the poor quality. Looks like someone else wanted to appear in the picture, too tounge.gif

 

700700


Edited by RDiaz - 11/12/12 at 9:44am
post #39413 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

If it's an odd jacket it kinda looks like an orphaned suit jacket... confused.gif

It was steeply discounted, so to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me.

post #39414 of 78722
^^ RDiaz - dont love it with those pants, but i like the SC, and it seems to fit you very well ^^
post #39415 of 78722

 Thanks smile.gif It fits rather well regarding balance and overall body shape, and I'm happy as I'm definately making progress in how MTM fits with this tailor. If armholes were just a bit higher and shoulders softer / more sloped... they are quite restricting right now, and look a bit awkward when I move. Hope that will be fixed next time. Also, I asked for man-sized 11cm lapels and the jacket came with 9 cm ones; it looks like there was some misunderstanding between the tailor and the factory. I accepted it, anyways.

Also, just ordered a pair of light brown flannel trousers (from the same tailor) to go with it tongue.gif

post #39416 of 78722
the karate joo!

Untitled-32.jpg
Untitled-33.jpg

always wore this SC with a white shirt, some of you suggested blue, and OCBD, so here it is. smile.gif

full, fit pic. my knee is slightly bend, causing the ripple in the left leg.

Untitled-34.jpg

Deets

adudesa3.jpg
post #39417 of 78722

In those first two pictures there appears to be some serious bowing in the lapels. The jacket might be too small.

post #39418 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

the karate joo! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Untitled-32.jpg
Untitled-33.jpg
always wore this SC with a white shirt, some of you suggested blue, and OCBD, so here it is. smile.gif
full, fit pic. my knee is slightly bend, causing the ripple in the left leg.
Untitled-34.jpg
Deets
adudesa3.jpg

The length of this jacket works really well for you-- It's a little shorter than yours others, right?
post #39419 of 78722

Stitches, your neighbours must think you're a lunatic...

post #39420 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

In those first two pictures there appears to be some serious bowing in the lapels. The jacket might be too small.

ummm, not sure if srs.

did you notice i was doing karate? lol, look at the actual fit pic, jacket fits quite well.smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

The length of this jacket works really well for you-- It's a little shorter than yours others, right?

a lil bit shorten than most of the others, i do like it this length.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyAlwaysMe View Post

Stitches, your neighbours must think you're a lunatic...

of this, i have no doubt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III