or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2625  

post #39361 of 78722
^ i think theres a bit too much waist suppression for my taste
post #39362 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please excuse the terrible lighting


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Coat: Samuelsohn MTM
Shirt: BB 
Tie: PRL
Pents:PRL (moleskin)
Shoes: Wang

Looks good, although switching to a solid shirt would look even better IMO. Also, a slightly higher rise on the trousers would really benefit you, currently there's a gap of about a mile between the waistband of the trousers and the SC button.......
post #39363 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

844B041B-BB27-401E-B063-92B2CA25EFA6-7660-0000053DA6521144.jpg

Where's the jacket from?
post #39364 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

^ i think theres a bit too much waist suppression for my taste

Justin, always a slippery slope for me when it comes to suppression as I resemble and upside down Dorrito in general.  Appreciate the feedback!  I am going to 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Looks good, although switching to a solid shirt would look even better IMO. Also, a slightly higher rise on the trousers would really benefit you, currently there's a gap of about a mile between the waistband of the trousers and the SC button.......

Ping, What color shirt would you like to see?  I had tried a nice sky blue on prior, but went with the maroon gingham as I was off to a lounge and felt the gingham was a bit more "trendy".   

You are absolutely right about the pents. I normally wear Walts for this exact reason, but those moles are so damn soft inlove.gif   After studying to pics, your'e right, the gap is far to great. 

post #39365 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Ping, What color shirt would you like to see?  I had tried a nice sky blue on prior, but went with the maroon gingham as I was off to a lounge and felt the gingham was a bit more "trendy".   
You are absolutely right about the pents. I normally wear Walts for this exact reason, but those moles are so damn soft inlove.gif    After studying to pics, your'e right, the gap is far to great. 

Sky-blue is never wrong nod[1].gif
post #39366 of 78722


A glorious day to be a Michigan Wolverine! I found a way to insert the first phrase of the "The Victors" into the bass line of the hymn tune AUSTRIA.
post #39367 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

^ i think theres a bit too much waist suppression for my taste

I don't think that's the issue. The pants have too low of a rise and the camera is up high making it look top-heavy.
post #39368 of 78722
It's officially winter here.

Time to break out the grey flannel and topcoat:

Coat: Harris Tweed (had it since my 1st year in college)
Suit: grey flannel by WW Chan
Shirt: Jos. A Banks
Tie: Carlo Franco
Pocket square: silk
Shoes: Allen Edmonds calfskin
Gloves: Cashmere lined peccary from Paul Stuart
Watch: Revue Thommen in 18k gold and steel
Hat: Persian lamb from a store in Finland (purchased many years ago when I used to do business there a lot.)








post #39369 of 78722
Friday

tumblr_mdc3yigrP61qcrv3ko1_1280.jpg

Saturday

tumblr_mdalmsWdcz1qcrv3ko1_1280.jpg
post #39370 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post


I don't think that's the issue. The pants have too low of a rise and the camera is up high making it look top-heavy.

+1. I am a top heavy person due to broad shoulders and weightlifting, but I agree, I think the suppression looks a little more extreme because of the angle.

post #39371 of 78722

southernstyle, I'm sure you've been asked this before, so I apologize. What's with the safety pins being stuck through lapels, ties, etc?
 

post #39372 of 78722
southernstyle, you might not have noticed but there is a safety pin stuck in your ties. Better remove it before it hurts a kitten!
post #39373 of 78722

1000

 

 

A playful lampoon of Spoo's boners. (Click to show)

 

his tie boners, obviously.

700

x-posted from some thread were Spoo went epic and posted 30 odd pictures of combinations, many of which had knots fully erect.

post #39374 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

southernstyle, I'm sure you've been asked this before, so I apologize. What's with the safety pins being stuck through lapels, ties, etc?

 

It serves the same purpose as a tie clip.

As shown here by Olddog/Oldtricks

tumblr_lgrygi6A6H1qcrv3ko1_500.jpg
post #39375 of 78722

I think I would prefer the incongruity of a safety pin over a tie bar or tie clip. I wear neither, but if it did (and didn't already own a bar), I'd ask for recommendations as to where one gets high end safety pins.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III