Noting your popularity in this thread, may I suggest a diet rich in beans - we wouldn't want you to run out of gas mid-interviews.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2618post #39256 of 7872311/9/12 at 4:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39257 of 7872311/9/12 at 4:26amQuote:Originally Posted by joshuasaussey
Off to a wedding. Tie is actually a Glen Plaid.
Golden Fleece Wool SportscoatBrooks Brothers Oxford Spread Collar ShirtBrooks Brothers Silk Knot CufflinksOmega Seamaster 1980Kent Wang Glen Plaid TieKent Wang Linen Pocket SquareBrooks Brothers Fitzgerald Cotton TrousersAlfred Sargent 'Pytchley'
All the individual pieces are very nice, and they fit well too. In addition, your haircut is very sharp. However, I can't get over the disparity between the top and the bottom - the top is very formal (wedding tie, navy coat which looks like part of a suit, FC shirt...) while the bottom is casual (brown scotch grain bluchers, cotton pants). IMO, either you should just wear full suit and black shoes, or make the top less formal (change the shirt, and maybe wear less formal tie).post #39258 of 7872311/9/12 at 4:28amMany thanks to SpooPoker, Kai, Johnboy, Fred49, EFV, RDiaz, MrDaniels, Requiem, sugarbutch, Holdfast, VictorSFreturn, SeaJen, ian, and clapeyron for your thumbs up and good suggestions. It's always nice when "old stuff" in the closet still has a little punch.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 11/9/12 at 6:29ampost #39259 of 7872311/9/12 at 5:20ampost #39260 of 7872311/9/12 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I just think slim pants on fuller dudes (not saying that stitches is fat or anything; heck I'm bigger than him ) look pretty bad. It makes you look like you have a really heavy torso and narrow legs; plus, it makes your thighs look fatter and effeminate. I'm convinced: Most people, who suggest bigger men to switch to slimmer pants, assume those guys have a body shape they really do not have.
Did the Duke of Windsor look like MC hammer?
I agree totally, that trousers which are too slim on bigger guys makes the problem looks worse. (TBH, there is absolutely no difference between a larger man and a slimmer one, on paper; if trousers are too tight/wide, they are too tide/wide!) What I am trying to suggest may have been miscommunicated. stiches would benefit greatly from a harder line from waist to leg opening (think Spoo--haha, the man-love continues! ); ATM, his trousers kind of droop on him, which makes any affect, that he is large, look totally worse. Like I noted, I think maybe a 1.75–2" cuff, and less break would make his leg-line look better (*I'm sweating*). IDK whether it's the break, ATM, the lack of cuff, the leg opening or the width, but something is definitely off!post #39261 of 7872311/9/12 at 5:51ampost #39262 of 7872311/9/12 at 5:57ampost #39263 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:00amAnden, that is the worst pattern-matching effort I have seen here in a long time. That would have worked well with a solid light blue shirt.
You need to read Alan Flusser's chapter on patterns in Dressing the Man and use that as a starting point for combining patterns.post #39264 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:01ampost #39265 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:02am^^ Anden - SC is nice, but you need a shirt that doesnt have such a similar pattern. ^^Quote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I agree totally, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)that trousers which are too slim on bigger guys makes the problem looks worse. (TBH, there is absolutely no difference between a larger man and a slimmer one, on paper; if trousers are too tight/wide, they are too tide/wide!) What I am trying to suggest may have been miscommunicated. stiches would benefit greatly from a harder line from waist to leg opening (think Spoo--haha, the man-love continues! ); ATM, his trousers kind of droop on him, which makes any affect, that he is large, look totally worse. Like I noted, I think maybe a 1.75–2" cuff, and less break would make his leg-line look better (*I'm sweating*). IDK whether it's the break, ATM, the lack of cuff, the leg opening or the width, but something is definitely off!
i am trying out cuffs on my next 2 pairs of flat front pants. if i have them i am billing you and all the others who made that rec.
also, i agree about the break. the break on those it a tad longer than i like, just a tad, but makes a big difference. i recently figured out the exact length from top of waistband to hem, for my trousers to have the proper break, and im getting then done 1 or 2 at a time. those have not been done yet.post #39266 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:27am
Thank you for your honest comment. I would not wear it like this and as you suggested I will wear it with plain solids.
I am wearing a solid v-neck today...Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Anden, that is the worst pattern-matching effort I have seen here in a long time. That would have worked well with a solid light blue shirt.
You need to read Alan Flusser's chapter on patterns in Dressing the Man and use that as a starting point for combining patterns.post #39267 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:28ampost #39268 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:40am
read this thread below, to turn your SC into a WINRAR!!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/308035/on-pattern-coordination-between-jacket-shirt-tie/0_20post #39269 of 7872311/9/12 at 6:42am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › ***GENTRY NYC official affiliate thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)