Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: Yesterday
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2610
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39137 of 7872111/7/12 at 1:28pm
I'm not even going to spoiler these pictures because no-one should have to see them. The tie could be okay in the context of an otherwise very conservative suit. But with green pants and a cardigan, it's just ridiculous. The shirt doesn't fit with anything else. The shoes are too formal for the rest of the outfit. Basically, I'm really sorry not to be able to be more positive, but as an outfit, this is messy and incoherent.post #39138 of 7872111/7/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
did not now how i overlooked this post, yes this is a full canvas suit from beijing. will be back there soon and pick up three more jackets and a couple pents.Quote:Originally Posted by EMartNJQuote:
For people like PB the mid-thigh overcoat is anathema but for those who have seen a Skyfall ad it is awesome.
I've actually seen the movie, too. more memorable to me were javier bardems outfits, though.
still no clue what patrick booth has to do with this...post #39139 of 7872111/7/12 at 1:44pmQuote:Orgetorix
"See, I toldja. Sveltitude! Much better pose this way."
through some crafty maneuvering i was able to deceive the eye, and create the illusion of some sveltitude. i hope i can replicate it.
which pose was more svelte would you say?post #39140 of 7872111/7/12 at 2:07pmpost #39141 of 7872111/7/12 at 2:24pmQuote:Agreed. I have done the same thing with my own.
I'm just a bit surprised, given his previously stated position on sunglasses. If he posts beach vacation pics this year wearing Sweet Classics instead of shell heads...post #39142 of 7872111/7/12 at 3:52pmpost #39143 of 7872111/7/12 at 5:23pmBefore :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)After
Isaia Corrallorosso (actually a suit, just not all the balls to carry today)
Hermes heavy silk tie
Hermes hand rolled PS
J Crizzle Bowery pant
Gaziano & Girling Westminster in vintage rioja, DG70
Creed original Santalpost #39144 of 7872111/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #39145 of 7872111/7/12 at 6:00pmpost #39146 of 7872111/7/12 at 6:12pmpost #39147 of 7872111/7/12 at 6:21pmpost #39148 of 7872111/7/12 at 6:38pmpost #39149 of 7872111/7/12 at 7:03pm
Alright, well, I'm one of the few people that likes shirt and tie without a jacket, so I won't give you flak about that, though others probably will. If you are going with that look, you need to make sure you have a fitted shirt (the shirt seems to be billowing a bit at the belt line). The tie needs to go perfectly with the shirt, as you won't have a jacket to pull attention away from it. In this case, your tie is lighter than your shirt, something which is generally a pretty big faux pas. Your pants also need to be very nice (again, no jacket to distract); in this case, it seems like you are wearing old pleated khakis. And your belt looks like it has seen better days.
Black shirts are fine at night, but will rarely look good with a tie.
Avoid pleats (unless you need the extra room)
Lurk around to get a better feel for tie-shirt combinations
Dimple your tie.
New pants, new belt
Keep the Stitchy beard...we need more beards.
Edited by Claghorn - 11/7/12 at 7:21pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...