Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2610
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39137 of 7871911/7/12 at 1:28pm
I'm not even going to spoiler these pictures because no-one should have to see them. The tie could be okay in the context of an otherwise very conservative suit. But with green pants and a cardigan, it's just ridiculous. The shirt doesn't fit with anything else. The shoes are too formal for the rest of the outfit. Basically, I'm really sorry not to be able to be more positive, but as an outfit, this is messy and incoherent.post #39138 of 7871911/7/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
did not now how i overlooked this post, yes this is a full canvas suit from beijing. will be back there soon and pick up three more jackets and a couple pents.Quote:Originally Posted by EMartNJQuote:
For people like PB the mid-thigh overcoat is anathema but for those who have seen a Skyfall ad it is awesome.
I've actually seen the movie, too. more memorable to me were javier bardems outfits, though.
still no clue what patrick booth has to do with this...post #39139 of 7871911/7/12 at 1:44pmQuote:Orgetorix
"See, I toldja. Sveltitude! Much better pose this way."
through some crafty maneuvering i was able to deceive the eye, and create the illusion of some sveltitude. i hope i can replicate it.
which pose was more svelte would you say?post #39140 of 7871911/7/12 at 2:07pmpost #39141 of 7871911/7/12 at 2:24pmQuote:Agreed. I have done the same thing with my own.
I'm just a bit surprised, given his previously stated position on sunglasses. If he posts beach vacation pics this year wearing Sweet Classics instead of shell heads...post #39142 of 7871911/7/12 at 3:52pmpost #39143 of 7871911/7/12 at 5:23pmBefore :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)After
Isaia Corrallorosso (actually a suit, just not all the balls to carry today)
Hermes heavy silk tie
Hermes hand rolled PS
J Crizzle Bowery pant
Gaziano & Girling Westminster in vintage rioja, DG70
Creed original Santalpost #39144 of 7871911/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #39145 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:00pmpost #39146 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:12pmpost #39147 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:21pmpost #39148 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:38pmpost #39149 of 7871911/7/12 at 7:03pm
Alright, well, I'm one of the few people that likes shirt and tie without a jacket, so I won't give you flak about that, though others probably will. If you are going with that look, you need to make sure you have a fitted shirt (the shirt seems to be billowing a bit at the belt line). The tie needs to go perfectly with the shirt, as you won't have a jacket to pull attention away from it. In this case, your tie is lighter than your shirt, something which is generally a pretty big faux pas. Your pants also need to be very nice (again, no jacket to distract); in this case, it seems like you are wearing old pleated khakis. And your belt looks like it has seen better days.
Black shirts are fine at night, but will rarely look good with a tie.
Avoid pleats (unless you need the extra room)
Lurk around to get a better feel for tie-shirt combinations
Dimple your tie.
New pants, new belt
Keep the Stitchy beard...we need more beards.
Edited by Claghorn - 11/7/12 at 7:21pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › New T-Shirt design 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 14 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?