or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2608

post #39106 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Victor - looks great, what bag is that?

 

 

THX! Its - Finamore

post #39107 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Are you taking your suits with you, or just dress casual?! uhoh.gif

For London (which, with this trip, includes a day trip to Paris via Eurostar), I always pack suits (as well as casual wear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

travel safe, and have fun. we will miss your fits.

Thank you for the bon voyage, boychik - will try to follow your directives smile.gif.
post #39108 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post
 

 

Do not quite understand you, I can not correctly translated. What exactly are you asking? May try to say to the other that it was possible to correctly translate? thanks

post #39109 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Stitches, not sure about the shirt/tie combo. Love the pants/shoes. Jacket fit is hard to ascertain - in the first picture, it looks okay, in the second two, where you appear ready to punch a toddler, not so much.

thanks! this tie is also having a trial day to see if i keep it or not.

if i am going to be honest, i think the fit on the SC is somewhere in the middle. it could use a nip, but not enough that i am rushing to get it done.

also, when you have 3 kids, 9 and under, that is a feeling you often have. peepwall[1].gif
post #39110 of 75671

 

 

Its - very great nice combo! (Excludes socks, sorry) Respect!

post #39111 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn View Post


Its - very great nice combo! (Excludes socks, sorry) Respect!

thanks a lot victor, and i appreciate all the "likes" you haven given me lately.

the socks are a tad light, and not for everyone, but i like em. smile.gif
post #39112 of 75671
Afternoon Gents,

BDD9297C-A0E7-4BF7-8977-67EDAC85F290-554-00000030594B2A10.jpg
post #39113 of 75671

Some lawn inspiration for stitches

 

And for all others, can I get some opinions on this black cashmere RTW overcoat? I bought it two years ago, luckily not at retail, from a non SF approved brand.

It's a 42 long on which I had the sleeves lengthened. Now I am not so sure any more how I feel about the overall length.

 

 

1000

 

Colour close up, good red, bad red? skinny/slim tie from back when I thought they were the shit...

 

1000


Edited by clapeyron - 11/7/12 at 9:18am
post #39114 of 75671
I dressed very deliberately American today for a class I will be teaching to a small group of students on the topic of dress, style and clothing. I had examples of Italian dress and British dress in my slides, and thought I could fill in for the trad example.

IMG_3177.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_3179.jpg
post #39115 of 75671

post #39116 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
personally, i have always liked the, "sunglasses in chest pocket used as an accessory" look.

 

I'm the opposite. Basically it's a piece of plastic hanging out of a pocket. The fact that it says 'Raybans' on it somehow makes this worse, not better. I know Spoo probably won't care what I think - and why should he? - but to me, it looks like trying too hard, and Spoo of all people doesn't need to try hard: his clothes and his instinct for pattern and texture combination speak for themselves.

post #39117 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
the socks are a tad light, and not for everyone, but i like em. smile.gif

 

I agree with Victor about the socks, but also about the combination. I quite like the tie with the jacket. Orange and brown does go. I would say that perhaps the tie is a little narrow in this context and I am not sure whether the shirt works with it. I agree with you about the jacket (and in general about your jackets), but it's a nice fabric.

 

PS: I've only got one kid and that's enough work, especially when you are my age (40).

post #39118 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I'm the opposite. Basically it's a piece of plastic hanging out of a pocket. The fact that it says 'Raybans' on it somehow makes this worse, not better. I know Spoo probably won't care what I think - and why should he? - but to me, it looks like trying too hard, and Spoo of all people doesn't need to try hard: his clothes and his instinct for pattern and texture combination speak for themselves.

to me it ads a touch of something cool, especially with a tort frame, as spoos are.

HorsesCourses.jpg
post #39119 of 75671
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I agree with Victor about the socks, but also about the combination. I quite like the tie with the jacket. Orange and brown does go. I would say that perhaps the tie is a little narrow in this context and I am not sure whether the shirt works with it. I agree with you about the jacket (and in general about your jackets), but it's a nice fabric.

PS: I've only got one kid and that's enough work, especially when you are my age (40).

thanks. yes, the socks are light. i still like it. smile.gif

i would say that right now only this jacket, and one other is in slight need of slimming down. the blue ones, and the POW are spot on.
post #39120 of 75671
Hermes shirt and jacket (perhaps shorten the sleeves)
Holland and Holland pocket square
Brioni tie
Brioni cords
Ferragomos loafers
Lost $20 over the elections last night.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III