Sunglasses? Spoo? I demand an explanation.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2606post #39076 of 7871911/7/12 at 3:06ampost #39077 of 7871911/7/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
OOPS, sorry, didn't think of that. I did delete the pictures that didn't relate to my replies though, making the reply shorter.
As hard as this may be for your brain to comprehend, I wasn't trying to troll, but rather to give my honest opinion of the outfits that these gentlemen had posted.
Maximatorpost #39078 of 7871911/7/12 at 3:42ampost #39079 of 7871911/7/12 at 4:02am
"First one wins. Socks' color is very nice, if used sparingly."
"Its - very like me!"
thx guys, Victor I'll take itOriginally Posted by Holdfast
^ I think the first is more successful than the second, though I don't like the choice of square. The tie/shirt combo in the second is not to my liking, and the square feels a bit disconnected. Actually, I wonder what the first outfit would look like, with the second one's square.
cheers, wasn't sure bout putting the brown of the tie with the green of the square - think the 2nd pic is the kinda thing u mean tho, with a stronger shirtOriginally Posted by unbelragazzo
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
like them!- looking thru Flusser and others, grey plaid suits get the 007 treatment a lot - white shirt black wool tie linen squareQuote:Originally Posted by Ace_Face
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.
thx for the wise words everyone - I'm inclined to agree AF, - beyond 3, as Flusser says, it's reward and risk . but I've seen a few posters here do it well
Edited by Pliny - 11/7/12 at 4:31ampost #39080 of 7871911/7/12 at 5:25ampost #39081 of 7871911/7/12 at 5:52ampost #39082 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:21amI could use some help on colors. I can't tell if this works or I made a mess of it. I redid my tie after I saw this. The tie is wool an the pocket square is a red/yellow/orange silk. I can't tell if this all goes or if it's too chaotic. I'm leaning toward's chaotic and that I should have stuck to a white linen pocket square.post #39083 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:24am
you should, buddy. i neve had any, and recently got 2. love em. ill be posting one, a little bit later.
he just got them, and wants to use them.
personally, i have always liked the, "sunglasses in chest pocket used as an accessory" look.post #39084 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:26ampost #39085 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:38ampost #39086 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Isaia for SFA
Vanda unlined grenadine garza fina 7 fold
Drakes unicorn wool silk PS
Ray Ban new Wayfarers
DC Lewis one offs in shell cordovan
Superb! Very hard but enjoy your work! Agree on many elements - it is very cool! Respect!post #39087 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:41amQuote:
Thanks for the kind words to all who commented (in particular: Kai, RDiaz, Victor, and clarinetplayer).
TB, I do use shoe trees for all my shoes. I think the creases are a little more pronounced in the photo than irl (I'm curling my toes to the camera lest my feet look oddly foreshortened by said camera).
They are shell AE MacNeils.
Edited by SeaJen - 11/7/12 at 10:11ampost #39088 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:45ampost #39089 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Maximator
Love the tie and the watch, but as some have pointed out, this is the absolutely largest size you should wear. I think the suit is okay, but I think the pants would definitively look a lot better if they would be one size slimmer(aka keep the length)
Great outfit, color and fabric wise, so please use a proper tie length... Please?
The tie. It's WAY too long. First of all, no one wants to see the short end of the tie, so hide that stuff somewhere. Secondly, you don't want the tip of the tie to extend below the top of the belt. Why? If it's too short, it looks sloppy, if it's too long, it gives the visual impression of an arrow pointing at your crotch. Not very flattering and just plain sloppy.
Love the outfit and the color combo, tie length, not so much. That should be an easy fix, though.
THIS IS PERFECT!!! Me haz a happy!!!
Really like the outfit.
Having the suit and pants in the same material is usually no problem, it this case though, given that it's such an "active" material, seems to be a questionable choice. I'd never wear it, but whatever makes you happy
As a side note, How short are you guys that you when you tie your ties, thin end is the same length as the "business end"???I usually just end up with maybe 5-6 inches, and then the business end of the tie reaches the top of my belt.
What's your deal with tie length, and what makes you think the detail shot of my fit that you posted gives you an accurate idea of how long I've tied mine?post #39090 of 7871911/7/12 at 6:48am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Charcoal rope striped suit, where to find? 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts