MBT, sorry... not for SF proles.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2606post #39076 of 7872211/7/12 at 2:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39077 of 7872211/7/12 at 3:06ampost #39078 of 7872211/7/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
OOPS, sorry, didn't think of that. I did delete the pictures that didn't relate to my replies though, making the reply shorter.
As hard as this may be for your brain to comprehend, I wasn't trying to troll, but rather to give my honest opinion of the outfits that these gentlemen had posted.
Maximatorpost #39079 of 7872211/7/12 at 3:42ampost #39080 of 7872211/7/12 at 4:02am
"First one wins. Socks' color is very nice, if used sparingly."
"Its - very like me!"
thx guys, Victor I'll take itOriginally Posted by Holdfast
^ I think the first is more successful than the second, though I don't like the choice of square. The tie/shirt combo in the second is not to my liking, and the square feels a bit disconnected. Actually, I wonder what the first outfit would look like, with the second one's square.
cheers, wasn't sure bout putting the brown of the tie with the green of the square - think the 2nd pic is the kinda thing u mean tho, with a stronger shirtOriginally Posted by unbelragazzo
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
like them!- looking thru Flusser and others, grey plaid suits get the 007 treatment a lot - white shirt black wool tie linen squareQuote:Originally Posted by Ace_Face
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.
thx for the wise words everyone - I'm inclined to agree AF, - beyond 3, as Flusser says, it's reward and risk . but I've seen a few posters here do it well
Edited by Pliny - 11/7/12 at 4:31ampost #39081 of 7872211/7/12 at 5:25ampost #39082 of 7872211/7/12 at 5:52ampost #39083 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:21amI could use some help on colors. I can't tell if this works or I made a mess of it. I redid my tie after I saw this. The tie is wool an the pocket square is a red/yellow/orange silk. I can't tell if this all goes or if it's too chaotic. I'm leaning toward's chaotic and that I should have stuck to a white linen pocket square.post #39084 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:24am
you should, buddy. i neve had any, and recently got 2. love em. ill be posting one, a little bit later.
he just got them, and wants to use them.
personally, i have always liked the, "sunglasses in chest pocket used as an accessory" look.post #39085 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:26ampost #39086 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:38ampost #39087 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Isaia for SFA
Vanda unlined grenadine garza fina 7 fold
Drakes unicorn wool silk PS
Ray Ban new Wayfarers
DC Lewis one offs in shell cordovan
Superb! Very hard but enjoy your work! Agree on many elements - it is very cool! Respect!post #39088 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:41amQuote:
Thanks for the kind words to all who commented (in particular: Kai, RDiaz, Victor, and clarinetplayer).
TB, I do use shoe trees for all my shoes. I think the creases are a little more pronounced in the photo than irl (I'm curling my toes to the camera lest my feet look oddly foreshortened by said camera).
They are shell AE MacNeils.
Edited by SeaJen - 11/7/12 at 10:11ampost #39089 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:45ampost #39090 of 7872211/7/12 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Maximator
Love the tie and the watch, but as some have pointed out, this is the absolutely largest size you should wear. I think the suit is okay, but I think the pants would definitively look a lot better if they would be one size slimmer(aka keep the length)
Great outfit, color and fabric wise, so please use a proper tie length... Please?
The tie. It's WAY too long. First of all, no one wants to see the short end of the tie, so hide that stuff somewhere. Secondly, you don't want the tip of the tie to extend below the top of the belt. Why? If it's too short, it looks sloppy, if it's too long, it gives the visual impression of an arrow pointing at your crotch. Not very flattering and just plain sloppy.
Love the outfit and the color combo, tie length, not so much. That should be an easy fix, though.
THIS IS PERFECT!!! Me haz a happy!!!
Really like the outfit.
Having the suit and pants in the same material is usually no problem, it this case though, given that it's such an "active" material, seems to be a questionable choice. I'd never wear it, but whatever makes you happy
As a side note, How short are you guys that you when you tie your ties, thin end is the same length as the "business end"???I usually just end up with maybe 5-6 inches, and then the business end of the tie reaches the top of my belt.
What's your deal with tie length, and what makes you think the detail shot of my fit that you posted gives you an accurate idea of how long I've tied mine?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › The End-of-the-Year Friday Challenge: Best Celebratory Fit 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 28 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 29 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Cordovan Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren Prescott US11/UK10 38 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 38 minutes ago
- › "MEN OF THE CLOTH" - Documentary on Italian Master Tailors has New... 43 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 44 minutes ago
- › Barena Torceo (52) 46 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...