That tie may work in a groooooovy 70s-inspired outfit, but its context here is much too "Man in the Gray Flannel Suit".
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2602post #39016 of 7872411/6/12 at 10:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39017 of 7872411/6/12 at 10:42amQuote:
I will.post #39018 of 7872411/6/12 at 10:48ampost #39019 of 7872411/6/12 at 10:53am
Another go at a pocket square. Drakes I picked up from Cantabrigian. The suit is navy, not black.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit and tie: HB
shoes: AE Memphis (great leather soled shoes for a rainy day)post #39020 of 7872411/6/12 at 10:57ampost #39021 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:05ampost #39022 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:14ampost #39023 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Possibly, but high rise trousers are not terribly popular with the slim fit suits that most people on here prefer.Quote:Originally Posted by Ridgeway
Sorry for the crappy posing and quick/sloppy afternoon shots. Just doing this in a hurry.
Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit shirt.
Kiton tie (thank you Top Shelf).
Calvin Klein navy pants.
Allen Edmonds McAllister walnut shoes / AE belt.
Marc New York jacket (Moores).
Wondered what the thoughts were on colour combo. Most people around the office were complimentary, a couple felt there were too many things going on.
I wouldn't generally have put the jacket on, but it was cold this morning.
wow...and not in a good way.
That tie, kiton or not, should be burned twice.
Pants are very billowy and too long.
Jacket sleeves are too long
shoes are good, but thats about it.
shirt color is a bit odd and the sleeves are too long.post #39024 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:25ampost #39025 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.post #39026 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:36amfred - superbQuote:Christian B
"Keep the tie, you rock it."
after much thought, i think i will. i know its not for everyone, but i like it. and for me, this is one of those cases where i will go with what makes me happy, even if i know it may not be exactly SF approved.post #39027 of 7872411/6/12 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
http://ivorytowerstyle.tumblr.com/post/28858798254post #39028 of 7872411/6/12 at 12:00pmpost #39029 of 7872411/6/12 at 12:17pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1504 Active Users (163 Members and 1341 Guests)
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Tricked by Trickers 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › S.T Dupont lighter black chinese lacquer and gold 11 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 14 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 20 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones - Whats the big deal? 21 minutes ago
- › Folk Reversible Boom Bomber Jacket - 2 (medium) 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)