Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2602post #39016 of 7872011/6/12 at 10:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39017 of 7872011/6/12 at 10:48ampost #39018 of 7872011/6/12 at 10:53am
Another go at a pocket square. Drakes I picked up from Cantabrigian. The suit is navy, not black.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit and tie: HB
shoes: AE Memphis (great leather soled shoes for a rainy day)post #39019 of 7872011/6/12 at 10:57ampost #39020 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:05ampost #39021 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:14ampost #39022 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Possibly, but high rise trousers are not terribly popular with the slim fit suits that most people on here prefer.Quote:Originally Posted by Ridgeway
Sorry for the crappy posing and quick/sloppy afternoon shots. Just doing this in a hurry.
Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit shirt.
Kiton tie (thank you Top Shelf).
Calvin Klein navy pants.
Allen Edmonds McAllister walnut shoes / AE belt.
Marc New York jacket (Moores).
Wondered what the thoughts were on colour combo. Most people around the office were complimentary, a couple felt there were too many things going on.
I wouldn't generally have put the jacket on, but it was cold this morning.
wow...and not in a good way.
That tie, kiton or not, should be burned twice.
Pants are very billowy and too long.
Jacket sleeves are too long
shoes are good, but thats about it.
shirt color is a bit odd and the sleeves are too long.post #39023 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:25ampost #39024 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.post #39025 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:36amfred - superbQuote:Christian B
"Keep the tie, you rock it."
after much thought, i think i will. i know its not for everyone, but i like it. and for me, this is one of those cases where i will go with what makes me happy, even if i know it may not be exactly SF approved.post #39026 of 7872011/6/12 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
http://ivorytowerstyle.tumblr.com/post/28858798254post #39027 of 7872011/6/12 at 12:00pmpost #39028 of 7872011/6/12 at 12:17pmpost #39029 of 7872011/6/12 at 12:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1233 Active Users (241 Members and 992 Guests)
- › Borelli Napoli ties 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden 975 LWB in Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan 8C Barrie 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 13 minutes ago
- › Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories