Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2602post #39016 of 7871711/6/12 at 10:48ampost #39017 of 7871711/6/12 at 10:53am
Another go at a pocket square. Drakes I picked up from Cantabrigian. The suit is navy, not black.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit and tie: HB
shoes: AE Memphis (great leather soled shoes for a rainy day)post #39018 of 7871711/6/12 at 10:57ampost #39019 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:05ampost #39020 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:14ampost #39021 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Possibly, but high rise trousers are not terribly popular with the slim fit suits that most people on here prefer.Quote:Originally Posted by Ridgeway
Sorry for the crappy posing and quick/sloppy afternoon shots. Just doing this in a hurry.
Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit shirt.
Kiton tie (thank you Top Shelf).
Calvin Klein navy pants.
Allen Edmonds McAllister walnut shoes / AE belt.
Marc New York jacket (Moores).
Wondered what the thoughts were on colour combo. Most people around the office were complimentary, a couple felt there were too many things going on.
I wouldn't generally have put the jacket on, but it was cold this morning.
wow...and not in a good way.
That tie, kiton or not, should be burned twice.
Pants are very billowy and too long.
Jacket sleeves are too long
shoes are good, but thats about it.
shirt color is a bit odd and the sleeves are too long.post #39022 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:25ampost #39023 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.post #39024 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:36amfred - superbQuote:Christian B
"Keep the tie, you rock it."
after much thought, i think i will. i know its not for everyone, but i like it. and for me, this is one of those cases where i will go with what makes me happy, even if i know it may not be exactly SF approved.post #39025 of 7871711/6/12 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
http://ivorytowerstyle.tumblr.com/post/28858798254post #39026 of 7871711/6/12 at 12:00pmpost #39027 of 7871711/6/12 at 12:17pmpost #39028 of 7871711/6/12 at 12:25pmpost #39029 of 7871711/6/12 at 12:35pmpost #39030 of 7871711/6/12 at 12:39pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1294 Active Users (269 Members and 1025 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › WTB Allen Edmonds Leeds Shell Cordovan Size 8 or 7.5 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding