That tie may work in a groooooovy 70s-inspired outfit, but its context here is much too "Man in the Gray Flannel Suit".
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2602post #39016 of 7872211/6/12 at 10:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39017 of 7872211/6/12 at 10:42amQuote:
I will.post #39018 of 7872211/6/12 at 10:48ampost #39019 of 7872211/6/12 at 10:53am
Another go at a pocket square. Drakes I picked up from Cantabrigian. The suit is navy, not black.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit and tie: HB
shoes: AE Memphis (great leather soled shoes for a rainy day)post #39020 of 7872211/6/12 at 10:57ampost #39021 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:05ampost #39022 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:14ampost #39023 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Possibly, but high rise trousers are not terribly popular with the slim fit suits that most people on here prefer.Quote:Originally Posted by Ridgeway
Sorry for the crappy posing and quick/sloppy afternoon shots. Just doing this in a hurry.
Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit shirt.
Kiton tie (thank you Top Shelf).
Calvin Klein navy pants.
Allen Edmonds McAllister walnut shoes / AE belt.
Marc New York jacket (Moores).
Wondered what the thoughts were on colour combo. Most people around the office were complimentary, a couple felt there were too many things going on.
I wouldn't generally have put the jacket on, but it was cold this morning.
wow...and not in a good way.
That tie, kiton or not, should be burned twice.
Pants are very billowy and too long.
Jacket sleeves are too long
shoes are good, but thats about it.
shirt color is a bit odd and the sleeves are too long.post #39024 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:25ampost #39025 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been down that same road, and I've come to the conclusion that getting four patterns to work together harmoniously is an endeavor beyond the capabilities of most mortal men. I think with a suit like that, you need a solid shirt or solid tie to ground everything. If the shirt and tie are going to be patterned, probably need a plain white pocket square to balance it out.post #39026 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:36amfred - superbQuote:Christian B
"Keep the tie, you rock it."
after much thought, i think i will. i know its not for everyone, but i like it. and for me, this is one of those cases where i will go with what makes me happy, even if i know it may not be exactly SF approved.post #39027 of 7872211/6/12 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Suit and shirt don't go well together IMHO. You need a finer stripe that's closer spaced. Check out this shirt with various PoW checks:
http://ivorytowerstyle.tumblr.com/post/28858798254post #39028 of 7872211/6/12 at 12:00pmpost #39029 of 7872211/6/12 at 12:17pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1619 Active Users (411 Members and 1208 Guests)
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 39 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The MBA Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Belvest for Jay Kos SC 51/49 Silk/Cashmere 38/40 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...