It's a combination of length, button stance, and pant rise. Generally, you probably want to get the pants to hit close to the buttoning point so there's no space between. However, there's almost a foot of space here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2597post #38941 of 7871711/5/12 at 7:51ampost #38942 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:06amQuote:
I used to have my dress pants hemmed without cuffs, but once I tried it I can't look back, pleated or not. Specially grey flannels...post #38943 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:14ampost #38944 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:41ampost #38945 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:49ampost #38946 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:52amFit pic. Butler inspired me to break out my winter whites. They're definitely an off-white/cream color. The picture quality is awful, so not sure what is able to be seen. Any helpful critique (based on terrible pictures) always appreciated.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #38947 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:54amQuote:
other one was ok, this is AWSOME! well done.Quote:Orgetorix
"Lookin good, stitchy. A straight-on, chest-level shot would show off your sveltitude better."
thanks! but i dont think i have any, sveltitude.post #38948 of 7871711/5/12 at 8:54ampost #38949 of 7871711/5/12 at 10:31ampost #38950 of 7871711/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy
Am I the only person who really likes the touches that are a bit on the insane side? I adore the mad pocket squares and ties- I think that unless you're conducting some really serious business, at least one part of your wardrobe should be nuts. Something wildly colorful and interesting, to keep yourself from just blending in.
I'm sure that more people - in general and on here - agree with you than agree with me on this but...
I really hate don't like seeing fits that have some deliberatey quirky detail. It's strikes me as something between pretentios and silly and always looks like an after thought.
Subtlety, in addition to being graceful in and of itself, is more admirable because it's a lot more rare. I don't know why that is. If you aim for foppish and miss, you wind up somewhere around ridiculous. On the other hand, if you're trying for a tasteful subtlty and don't quite reach the mark, you're no worse off than boring.
Part of it is that you can walk out the door now and come back three hours later with a lime green tweed SC, a plaid tie and purple trousers. Whereas it takes lot of time and hassle to get a perfectly fitting navy suit in a shape and style that flatters your physique and makes sense in the context of your daily life.
'But Agnelli wore his watch on the outside of his shirt cuff!!!' Yea but he was busy running a ffith of Italy's GDP and only wore blue and grey. He earned a few quirks.post #38951 of 7871711/5/12 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
A few days ago I posted a shot of this Attolini jacket with some gray flannel trousers that I said I thought was a fail because of the low contrast between jacket and trousers. I think this works better
What did you decide to go with for that wedding last week? It's like our Sartorial Soap Opera...post #38952 of 7871711/5/12 at 11:03am
Off for the day due to the fact that the wife and I are going daycare hunting and also visiting a couple of pediatric doctors for our baby on the way..wanted to keep it casual but project a professional image..
Jacket: Kroon (Brushed Cotton)
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind..(the straight fit)
Shoes: A.E (Pomona fit)
P.S: Not too sure..bought it a long time ago..
Watch: Vintage Swiss Army watch that my dad gave to me
Edited by chocsosa - 11/5/12 at 2:35pmpost #38953 of 7871711/5/12 at 11:05amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Teh grey (Click to show)
I like it lot better with the grey trousers. A bit more chic with just one half earthtone.
I also like darker ties with tweeds fits. Or maybe it's that I just don't like yellow ties.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
twillin' (Click to show)
Are the tan trousers covert twill? I got a pair made up in what I think is a similar fabric and love them. As hardwearing as jeans. Pefrect for the airport or something like that.post #38954 of 7871711/5/12 at 11:26amQuote:
Jacket seems way too long.post #38955 of 7871711/5/12 at 11:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
A few days ago I posted a shot of this Attolini jacket with some gray flannel trousers that I said I thought was a fail because of the low contrast between jacket and trousers. I think this works better:
I'm going to be the odd-one-out who says that the other one looked better, aren't I? I don't think that the green goes with the beige pants (or the tie) particularly well. I much prefered the grey: subtle and more elegant, and the grey pants appeared to be slimmer and therefore fit better with the svelte cut of the jacket. But apparently I am in a minority here, so don't listen to me!
Edit: oops, just noticed that actually Cantabrigian has already said much the same.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding