or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2595  

post #38911 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

More fall tweed:
Tweed suit: Paul Stuart
Silk tie: Kiton
Macclesfield silk pocket square
Shoes: Bespoke Vass boxcalf Budapester
Shirt: Jos A Bank
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I really like this - I think a slightly wider tied would be even better.
post #38912 of 78722
well done, tits. excellent usage.
post #38913 of 78722

Everyone is a Noob at some point..... Here to learn not to get belittled, as a little younger gent I like feedback I strive to be as great as all of you someday...

post #38914 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

at least one part of your wardrobe should be nuts.

I know I follow this rule, every single day.
post #38915 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post

I think you look good in your post Mister for a first post you are doing very well.
From what I can see, Jacket length ok, gape not too bad, button height good, number of buttons on jacket good,  fit on shoulders not too bad, lapels a little narrow, gorge very high, white linen TV fold pocket square missing. Tie knot done well and sits properly in the V of your collar (* most guys on here would recommend DFIH knot though) tie could do with dimple, and collar coule be a little tighter / smaller. Tie length a little long.

Really? Can a 3 button suit not look good?

Btw, sorry for not being on subject but wanted to address this.
post #38916 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasiclark View Post

Everyone is a Noob at some point..... Here to learn not to get belittled, as a little younger gent I like feedback I strive to be as great as all of you someday...

dont take it too hard. you look pretty good actually. room for improvement, but not complete disaster for sure.

stick around and see what you can learn. certainly the snark can go too far, but often it is not meant with ill will, just a bit of messing around. even the most veteran of posters does not escape a bit of snark for their clothing choices from time to time. over time, you will learn who is just yankin your chain, and who is being a jerk, and who to ignore, and who to listen to.

good luck! cheers.gif
post #38917 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post

Really? Can a 3 button suit not look good?
Btw, sorry for not being on subject but wanted to address this.

yes. depending on the build of the wearer, and how high or low the button stance is, it can be bad.
post #38918 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I know I follow this rule, every single day.

you walking around the streets with your fly open isn't exactly what he had in mind.
post #38919 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasiclark View Post

Everyone is a Noob at some point..... Here to learn not to get belittled, as a little younger gent I like feedback I strive to be as great as all of you someday...

There is some good snark in this.
post #38920 of 78722
Somewhat casual. Was pretty cold in MI today and wanted to stay casual but still dress up for my grandmother's birthday (75!). Hope everyone had a good weekend and, for those affected by the storm, I hope the recovery is going well and you are safe and sound.

PS, yes, they are jeans and I wore brown suede chukkas.

8156289370_8665b489e5.jpg


8156260581_26cd7d4c0d.jpg
post #38921 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSmart View Post


Why is it that people come on here and are slammed immediately for their tie knots?

He had originally mentioned being unhappy (or at least less than sure) about his tie knot. Though yeah, it's usually more about knot type than knot tying ability. I think most people, even noobs, know how to tie a proper knot. (On a personal note AS, I wore a Pratt a few days ago)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Am I the only person who really likes the touches that are a bit on the insane side? I adore the mad pocket squares and ties- I think that unless you're conducting some really serious business, at least one part of your wardrobe should be nuts. Something wildly colorful and interesting, to keep yourself from just blending in. 

Holdfast, I think, would very much agree with this statement. And not just because of his profession.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasiclark View Post

Everyone is a Noob at some point..... Here to learn not to get belittled, as a little younger gent I like feedback I strive to be as great as all of you someday...

 

You have to take the belittlement along with the constructive criticism, I'm afraid. My stance has always been: if you still like an outfit after it catches SF flak, then the outfit is a keeper because it is a genuine reflection of your personal taste. If the outfit suddenly starts looking like crap after the SFers explain why it looks like crap, that's when you start looking for something new.

 

Now on that note....

 

Gentleman, I need your help. I had been wanting a houndstooth jacket; this is something I picked up a month or two ago. Needed some serious reconstruction (sleeves lengthened, waist taken in, shoulders taken in, conversion to soft shoulder)...ended up costing as much as the jacket (used Hugo Boss). I get home and I realize I have no fucking idea how to match a tie with a green houndstooth. It's halfway through the day and I've gotten two compliments...but from people who have less than a stellar eye for style.

 

I'm spoilering this because I am very unhappy with it (I wore it today mostly out of stubbornness). So yes, what fabrics and colors would work here?

Needs help below. (Click to show)

 

 

Ignore the ps...it goes with the light blue shirt and the navy trou. And I'm still very much a ps noob (I'll figure them out as I go along). My concern is the tie/jacket combination)

1000

 

post #38922 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I had been wanting a houndstooth jacket...

post #38923 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Gentleman, I need your help. I had been wanting a houndstooth jacket; this is something I picked up a month or two ago. Needed some serious reconstruction (sleeves lengthened, waist taken in, shoulders taken in, conversion to soft shoulder)...ended up costing as much as the jacket (used Hugo Boss). I get home and I realize I have no fucking idea how to match a tie with a green houndstooth. It's halfway through the day and I've gotten two compliments...but from people who have less than a stellar eye for style.

I'm spoilering this because I am very unhappy with it (I wore it today mostly out of stubbornness). So yes, what fabrics and colors would work here? Needs help below. (Click to show)


Ignore the ps...it goes with the light blue shirt and the navy trou. And I'm still very much a ps noob (I'll figure them out as I go along). My concern is the tie/jacket combination)


If the colors are accurate, I think you did fine.
post #38924 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

If the colors are accurate, I think you did fine.

agreed
post #38925 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

agreed

athreed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III