A bit of the scarf is sticking out here, in a un-flattering manner:
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2562post #38416 of 7872310/28/12 at 2:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38417 of 7872310/28/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
I think he means something with more substance. Your knot is tiny and the tie looks more like a pinned on decoration than a part of the whole. It doesn't have the same punch as the suit and your Carminas.post #38418 of 7872310/28/12 at 3:24pmpost #38419 of 7872310/28/12 at 3:35pmQuote:Thanks. You guys are definitely right. I'll work on the tie immediately!
What kind of break would you say my suit pants exemplify?post #38420 of 7872310/28/12 at 3:43pmpost #38421 of 7872310/28/12 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brothers
i quite like it. in the first pic contrast seems to be sufficient to me. in the second two pics, not quite so much. but i think the top one was a better representation.
however, in the top pic, the collar seems to be pulling away from your neck, maybe just the way you are standing?post #38422 of 7872310/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #38423 of 7872310/28/12 at 5:51pmpost #38424 of 7872310/28/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by twenty3
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"
Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.
Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx bye
The shirt is Robert Talbott MTM in a Royal Oxford cloth, thats about all the can tell you. The hand is a lot smoother than your average Brooks Brothers oxford cloth.post #38425 of 7872310/28/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
talbott shirts are my newest addiction. Material is incredible. i ordered 6 last time, about to order 5 more...post #38426 of 7872310/28/12 at 7:35pmpost #38427 of 7872310/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #38428 of 7872310/28/12 at 8:25pmQuote:
I agree with you and not clapeyron. There seems to be a bit more waist suppression going on, which flatters much more than usual. This shape is what classic British tailoring aims for. And I also think the restricted palette plays quite well.post #38429 of 7872310/28/12 at 10:04pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1412 Active Users (302 Members and 1110 Guests)
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES*** 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 18 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 19 minutes ago
- › Some outfit help appreciated 20 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 22 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...