I think he means something with more substance. Your knot is tiny and the tie looks more like a pinned on decoration than a part of the whole. It doesn't have the same punch as the suit and your Carminas.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2562post #38416 of 7871910/28/12 at 3:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38417 of 7871910/28/12 at 3:24pmpost #38418 of 7871910/28/12 at 3:35pmQuote:Thanks. You guys are definitely right. I'll work on the tie immediately!
What kind of break would you say my suit pants exemplify?post #38419 of 7871910/28/12 at 3:43pmpost #38420 of 7871910/28/12 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brothers
i quite like it. in the first pic contrast seems to be sufficient to me. in the second two pics, not quite so much. but i think the top one was a better representation.
however, in the top pic, the collar seems to be pulling away from your neck, maybe just the way you are standing?post #38421 of 7871910/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #38422 of 7871910/28/12 at 5:51pmpost #38423 of 7871910/28/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by twenty3
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"
Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.
Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx bye
The shirt is Robert Talbott MTM in a Royal Oxford cloth, thats about all the can tell you. The hand is a lot smoother than your average Brooks Brothers oxford cloth.post #38424 of 7871910/28/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
talbott shirts are my newest addiction. Material is incredible. i ordered 6 last time, about to order 5 more...post #38425 of 7871910/28/12 at 7:35pmpost #38426 of 7871910/28/12 at 7:38pmpost #38427 of 7871910/28/12 at 8:25pmQuote:
I agree with you and not clapeyron. There seems to be a bit more waist suppression going on, which flatters much more than usual. This shape is what classic British tailoring aims for. And I also think the restricted palette plays quite well.post #38428 of 7871910/28/12 at 10:04pmpost #38429 of 7871910/28/12 at 11:08pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1043 Active Users (168 Members and 875 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 43 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 12 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 15 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...