Please spoiler such huge photos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2561post #38401 of 7871710/27/12 at 5:30pmpost #38402 of 7871710/27/12 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
IIRC, Despos convinced you to have your first bespoke suit out of this fabric. I was a bit surprised at the time and still am. It's not your typical "first suit" fabric and perhaps not even the second or third. It would be interesting to hear the thought process behind that choice. The suit looks very good, of course.
That it looks very good and the fabric is wonderfully soft was pretty much the thought process. Chris brought it down from Dallas after our first meeting because he thought it was something I'd like, and I did. Not any more convincing than that, though Chris deserves all credit for having the thought.
Also, thanks for the thumbs.post #38403 of 7871710/27/12 at 7:10pm
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"
Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.
Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx byepost #38404 of 7871710/27/12 at 9:41pmpost #38405 of 7871710/27/12 at 10:38pmpost #38406 of 7871710/28/12 at 3:57ampost #38407 of 7871710/28/12 at 9:14ampost #38408 of 7871710/28/12 at 10:16ampost #38409 of 7871710/28/12 at 1:19pmIn retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brotherspost #38410 of 7871710/28/12 at 1:21pmHey fellas,
I posted a thread here a while back asking for some critique on a BB suit that I'll be wearing throughout this semester to recruiting events and interviews. The common consensus in the thread was that:
1) My pants were too short, and
2) Switch out the repp tie
I snapped a new photo over the weekend at an event that I attended. I know the photo is pretty low quality (I had to crop it), but from what you can see, how do the pants fit?
I feel like the pants are still a little short -- they flare out a little when I walk. I'm not sure if that's due to them being too short, or not being narrow enough.
Thanks for any advice!post #38411 of 7871710/28/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brothers
It looks fine to me. Cool jacket.post #38412 of 7871710/28/12 at 1:42pm
Pants seem alright, but maybe a little wonky because your knees are locked. I'd also get a heavier tie with less of a sheen. The knot seems a bit small for the collar (try a pratt or half windsor). And button your jacket when standing, you'll look better
I like that you are wearing brown shoes when everyone else went with black. Can't really tell much about the quality of the shoes from the picture, but nice brown shoes with that suit will probably make you memorable (in a good way) at such events.post #38413 of 7871710/28/12 at 2:02pmThanks! The shoes are Carmina shortwings; I'm hoping that I'll stand out in a good way when it comes interview time and not in a "look at this douchey kid" kind of way.
When you say a "heavier" tie, can you elaborate on what you mean?post #38414 of 7871710/28/12 at 2:38pmpost #38415 of 7871710/28/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
I think he means something with more substance. Your knot is tiny and the tie looks more like a pinned on decoration than a part of the whole. It doesn't have the same punch as the suit and your Carminas.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 11 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › Best Shoe Repair in USA or Send Abroad? 15 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 18 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 22 minutes ago
- › NWOT Kiton Napoli Charcoal Gray Wool Suit 44R EU 54 $6995 26 minutes ago
- › NWT Tom Ford Navy Striped Silk Wool Suit 40R EU 50 fits 38R EU 48... 28 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...