Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2561post #38401 of 7872110/27/12 at 5:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38402 of 7872110/27/12 at 5:30pmpost #38403 of 7872110/27/12 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
IIRC, Despos convinced you to have your first bespoke suit out of this fabric. I was a bit surprised at the time and still am. It's not your typical "first suit" fabric and perhaps not even the second or third. It would be interesting to hear the thought process behind that choice. The suit looks very good, of course.
That it looks very good and the fabric is wonderfully soft was pretty much the thought process. Chris brought it down from Dallas after our first meeting because he thought it was something I'd like, and I did. Not any more convincing than that, though Chris deserves all credit for having the thought.
Also, thanks for the thumbs.post #38404 of 7872110/27/12 at 7:10pm
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"
Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.
Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx byepost #38405 of 7872110/27/12 at 9:41pmpost #38406 of 7872110/27/12 at 10:38pmpost #38407 of 7872110/28/12 at 3:57ampost #38408 of 7872110/28/12 at 9:14ampost #38409 of 7872110/28/12 at 10:16ampost #38410 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:19pmIn retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brotherspost #38411 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:21pmHey fellas,
I posted a thread here a while back asking for some critique on a BB suit that I'll be wearing throughout this semester to recruiting events and interviews. The common consensus in the thread was that:
1) My pants were too short, and
2) Switch out the repp tie
I snapped a new photo over the weekend at an event that I attended. I know the photo is pretty low quality (I had to crop it), but from what you can see, how do the pants fit?
I feel like the pants are still a little short -- they flare out a little when I walk. I'm not sure if that's due to them being too short, or not being narrow enough.
Thanks for any advice!post #38412 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brothers
It looks fine to me. Cool jacket.post #38413 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:42pm
Pants seem alright, but maybe a little wonky because your knees are locked. I'd also get a heavier tie with less of a sheen. The knot seems a bit small for the collar (try a pratt or half windsor). And button your jacket when standing, you'll look better
I like that you are wearing brown shoes when everyone else went with black. Can't really tell much about the quality of the shoes from the picture, but nice brown shoes with that suit will probably make you memorable (in a good way) at such events.post #38414 of 7872110/28/12 at 2:02pmThanks! The shoes are Carmina shortwings; I'm hoping that I'll stand out in a good way when it comes interview time and not in a "look at this douchey kid" kind of way.
When you say a "heavier" tie, can you elaborate on what you mean?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Australian Members 40 seconds ago
- › DRIES VAN NOTEN Navy patterned wool coat - New - sz.48 1 minute ago
- › DRIES VAN NOTEN Navy padded coat - New - sz.48 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › DRIES VAN NOTEN Green wool coat - New - sz.50 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shell Cordovan Cognac LWB (Detroit last) 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan