Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2561post #38401 of 7872110/27/12 at 5:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38402 of 7872110/27/12 at 5:30pmpost #38403 of 7872110/27/12 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
IIRC, Despos convinced you to have your first bespoke suit out of this fabric. I was a bit surprised at the time and still am. It's not your typical "first suit" fabric and perhaps not even the second or third. It would be interesting to hear the thought process behind that choice. The suit looks very good, of course.
That it looks very good and the fabric is wonderfully soft was pretty much the thought process. Chris brought it down from Dallas after our first meeting because he thought it was something I'd like, and I did. Not any more convincing than that, though Chris deserves all credit for having the thought.
Also, thanks for the thumbs.post #38404 of 7872110/27/12 at 7:10pm
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"
Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.
Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx byepost #38405 of 7872110/27/12 at 9:41pmpost #38406 of 7872110/27/12 at 10:38pmpost #38407 of 7872110/28/12 at 3:57ampost #38408 of 7872110/28/12 at 9:14ampost #38409 of 7872110/28/12 at 10:16ampost #38410 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:19pmIn retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brotherspost #38411 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:21pmHey fellas,
I posted a thread here a while back asking for some critique on a BB suit that I'll be wearing throughout this semester to recruiting events and interviews. The common consensus in the thread was that:
1) My pants were too short, and
2) Switch out the repp tie
I snapped a new photo over the weekend at an event that I attended. I know the photo is pretty low quality (I had to crop it), but from what you can see, how do the pants fit?
I feel like the pants are still a little short -- they flare out a little when I walk. I'm not sure if that's due to them being too short, or not being narrow enough.
Thanks for any advice!post #38412 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Square: Brooks Brothers
It looks fine to me. Cool jacket.post #38413 of 7872110/28/12 at 1:42pm
Pants seem alright, but maybe a little wonky because your knees are locked. I'd also get a heavier tie with less of a sheen. The knot seems a bit small for the collar (try a pratt or half windsor). And button your jacket when standing, you'll look better
I like that you are wearing brown shoes when everyone else went with black. Can't really tell much about the quality of the shoes from the picture, but nice brown shoes with that suit will probably make you memorable (in a good way) at such events.post #38414 of 7872110/28/12 at 2:02pmThanks! The shoes are Carmina shortwings; I'm hoping that I'll stand out in a good way when it comes interview time and not in a "look at this douchey kid" kind of way.
When you say a "heavier" tie, can you elaborate on what you mean?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › NWOT Aspesi x Monocle Magazine Jacket Large 11 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 45 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › NWOT Brunello Cucinelli Field Jacket 52 XL 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › 100% Cashmere Navy Missoni Unstructured Blazer XL 3 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015