Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2558post #38356 of 7872110/26/12 at 4:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38357 of 7872110/26/12 at 4:55amDouble header today - work, then drinks out with friends this evening
Jacket, trousers, shirt, tie and shoes - BB
PS - vintage
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Paul Stuart
PS - no name
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #38358 of 7872110/26/12 at 4:57ampost #38359 of 7872110/26/12 at 5:25ampost #38360 of 7872110/26/12 at 5:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
"would prefer without the swelled edges, but overall, I really like this, esp. the colours/patterns"
Thank you, sir. The swelled edges certainly add a casual tone to the jacket. In all honesty it was purchased to be worn with jeans/chinos. However, as I said in the taste thread, I had a meeting in the country yesterday, so I felt a casual edge was necessary. Turns out I was right as my prospective clients were all in polo shirts and beat up boots.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
"seriously excellent Sir, IMHO dont change anything."
Thanks for the kind words.Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
"I would have prefered a slimmer tie knot. Rest looks nice to me, just as I expected it from you"
Thanks for the kind words. I actually agree on the knot. Didn't notice that until after I posted. It was shortly thereafter retied. Thanks again.Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
"Could do with a livelier PS I think, against that big texture; maybe warm colours? Nice tie."
Dunno that I agree with this. There were already three patterns (including the jacket) present. A patterned PS would really complicate things, especially for a business meeting. I actually ended up removing the square altogether before the meeting. Felt too forced.
Thanks again guys for all the thumbs and comments.post #38361 of 7872110/26/12 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mossrockss
I acknowledge this is basically the same thing I was wearing last time I posted, but I still like to contribute to the thread. I just love you guys so much!
Happy Friday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We're wearing almost the same thing today. Except I have a semi-spread shirt, dishevel TV fold and suede tassels. Agree to disagree. Seriously though, nice casual Friday look.post #38362 of 7872110/26/12 at 6:26ampost #38363 of 7872110/26/12 at 6:29ampost #38364 of 7872110/26/12 at 6:46ampost #38365 of 7872110/26/12 at 6:51ampost #38366 of 7872110/26/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by black_umbrella
Relaxed, but cold, friday
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Always, I love this sport coat. You have paired it nicely with the sweater, shirt, trousers, and shoes. Excellent, casual, and comfortable. Personally, I'd try a solid pocket square...or in this case, none at all. Just a thought.post #38367 of 7872110/26/12 at 9:53amCitan1145
"the jacket = nice the jeans I would prefer a tab darker"
"Nice SC. Details?"
Citan—I was just thinking this morning I need a nice pair of super dark jeans. These have broken in nicely since I bought them in 2008. I may be looking into Uniqlo's grand online sale for some cheap ones.
Dewj—it's a Brooks Brothers from last year. I couldn't believe that a Madison fit fit me so well and had double vents, no alterations necessary. Dream come true.
Now, who can recommend me an affordable pair of brown or possibly snuff suede longwings?post #38368 of 7872110/26/12 at 9:57amQuote:
It's pretty cool that he's doing that- finding nice stuff in second hand stores. I may try that myself. I did buy the Zegna DB jacket off of Ebay from a second hand store though. I need to try to get the sleeves lengthened before I can wear it.post #38369 of 7872110/26/12 at 10:31am
I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. I own one black suit, and it's terrible. So terrible that I opted for the darkest gray suit I own (alright, second darkest, but the other is windowpane). The funeral isn't anybody I've ever met (the father of a friend), and it's a Korean funeral, so it's three days long. On one hand, I'm nervous about not wearing all black. On the other hand, my black suit is atrocious ("Calvin Klein" and I'll leave it at that). And because the funeral is three straight days, people are coming and going constantly, so I figure I won't be a sole gray standing out in a sea of black.
This is actually my first Korean funeral, so I asked my fiance about it. It's an interesting process.
The funeral homes are all buildings on hospital grounds. When someone dies, a funeral is held for three days. During this time, the immediate family of the deceased stays at the funeral home...technically the funeral is 24 hours a day, and in theory a member of family needs to be on hand to greet a possible guest (in practice, I imagine they sleep fairly normal hours). Regardless, for their waking hours they have to sit, in full white funeral attire, to receive guests.
On my end, I first walk into a room for gifts. At funerals, weddings, and a child's first birthday, guests are always expected to give money. Since I'm not particularly close, I give 50,000 won (about 42 USD). This is kept inside a white envelope.
I then go and greet the family in the next room. The entire family won't be there; some will be in the proceeding rooms talking to the guests. I then enter a room where the deceased resides (though I don't know if the body is actually present). There is a big picture of him at the center of the room. I take a flower, place it in front of the picture, and then bow. Christian Koreans just bow from the waist; all other Koreans will prostrate themselves and touch their forehead to the ground. I'm doing the former since I a) am not Korean b) have never met the man.
Finally, I go to the last room where I eat food set out for the guests. Apparently things can get pretty rowdy here as alcohol is served (though given that I'm going at 9 in the morning, I doubt this will be the case).post #38370 of 7872110/26/12 at 10:33amCitan1145
"crusty, you have an awesome life it seems and of course an awesome wardobe, love the suit especially"
"Your ability to time-travel is impressive"
Thank you, gentlemen. Mr. Butch, your sense of drollery is most impressive as well. Citan, my life is ordinary, for the island on which it is lived - it's just that there is always something going on here. FYI, for PatrickBooth - the new shows at the Whitney are worth seeing, particularly the Richard Artswchager - very fun and very tactile. I was at the members' preview Wednesday - a classic Whitney crowd (uptown, Tribeca, Williamsburg, all cheek to jowl), and a minor celebrity sighting - Jane Seymour - looked great for a woman in her early 60's without cosmetic surgery.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grey denim 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 16 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 18 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...