that is a knit tie... tight weave.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2549post #38221 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38222 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:11amQuote:
i like that. hard to see the tie, but the rig looks good.Quote:Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Felt it time to dust off the Official Style Forum Parker Stripe... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i like this a lot.post #38223 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:13ampost #38224 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:17ampost #38225 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:30amStitchy, the shirt, tie, pants and shoes are all great. And the color and texture of the SC is quite nice. But the fit leaves A LOT to be desired. There seem to be a lot of folds and excess fabric all around. You should bring it to a tailor and have him give it the once over. I'm sure minor alterations would improve the fit a ton. The tapered, fitted appearance of the trousers only accentuates a boxier, baggier fit, and ruins any congruity within the fit.
Also I think you could use a bit of break in your left leg, but the perceived difference in length might just be your posture.post #38226 of 7872210/24/12 at 7:53ammimo - tie is panta, thanks.
clag - the collar is gigantic, and i love it.
SB - i roll my shirt sleeves. OCD with my watch. i end up fidgeting with my cuffs all day, so i have given in to always rolling. i know it would look better with cuff showing, but i must persevere the minimal amount of sanity i have left.
BB - thanks for the critique. the cuff is hung up on a shoe lace, making it appear to sit higher than it does. no idea why the SC looks like that, there are times i posted it and it looks tight. it is far from boxy. imo, there is literally nothing about that pic that represents what i actually look like. which is why i hate posting full lengths. meh, who knows, probably a little of both. thanks again, i dont mean to sound dismissive. should we ever meet, you will see what i really look like.post #38227 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:01ampost #38228 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:10ampost #38229 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:23ampost #38230 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:26ampost #38231 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:28ampost #38232 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:38amQuote:
thanks, sheepy! but, i like the collar, which incidentally looks great when it has some roll going, not flat like in the pic. and again, no idea why the jacket looks like a tent in the pic. ah well. i tried.
CURSE YOU QUADCAMMER lolpost #38233 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:47am
Decided to wear my first SF affiliate purchase. HY pointed knit tie. And I'm including a fit pic with query (details to come in the spoiler).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The lapel seems a bit wonky. The jacket was given to me by my dad; it didn't fit him. I say this because I wouldn't have purchased the jacket otherwise because of the lapel. I haven't had it pressed yet, so maybe a pressing will fix it. But is there any way to get the buttonhole side lapel to extend further down? Is it even an issue or is that deliberate?
Also, I don't like showing shirt cuff.post #38234 of 7872210/24/12 at 8:50am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 seconds ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Beach Popover - Tricolour - Large 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...