Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2547post #38192 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
read here, brah.
What does that have to do with me?post #38193 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I have two issues with this, albeit petty ones: firstly, the tie and the PS, by coincidence, seem very close in shade, and at first glance they appear to match. Maybe the colours are less matching in real life. I cannot believe the Spoo would ever commit the sin of "matchy matchy", even if in a hurry.
But the second is the shirt. The jacket is soft and textured, the trousers are throwaway chinos, and the shoes informal suede. But the shirt, partly with the stripe but mainly with that spread collar, seems way too formal for the outfit. It's stiff, City, business-y to me. I think maybe either something softer/longer in the collar, or even a button-down, would have worked this constructed-casual thing a bit more consistently. And a simple square check or even just an oxford weave, instead of the stripe.
I wish I could see the perfume that's mentioned. That would probably fix it.
Can I get a sock check on Mimo?
Sounds like he knows too much to have joined in 8/12.post #38194 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:16pm
i was saying, as i said before, that your outfit looked great, when looking at it by human standards. not even just normal human standards, even by pretty rigid critiquing. now, was there still some truth to the nitpicks? maybe. and that is where you got dappered!!!post #38195 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
i has an understand.post #38196 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:22pmpost #38197 of 7871710/23/12 at 8:24pmpost #38198 of 7871710/23/12 at 9:42pmpost #38199 of 7871710/23/12 at 11:59pmpost #38200 of 7871710/24/12 at 12:04ampost #38201 of 7871710/24/12 at 12:06ampost #38202 of 7871710/24/12 at 12:28ampost #38203 of 7871710/24/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Spoo.. I have never even heard of half the brand names you wearing Bud, but you look great, yeah as far as I am concerned, Great look and huge effort, right down to your perfectly ironed "throwaway" chino's and your matchy matchy reef knotted shoe laces. Pity you couldn't get your tie and PS to match as well eh!
Wanna talk about people who live in glass houses that throw stones. Maybe another day!!post #38204 of 7871710/24/12 at 2:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Spoo.. I have never even heard of half the brand names you wearing Bud, but you look great, yeah as far as I am concerned, Great look and huge effort, right down to your perfectly ironed "throwaway" chino's and your matchy matchy reef knotted shoe laces. Pity you couldn't get your tie and PS to match as well eh!post #38205 of 7871710/24/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Or that...true true. Dress down the shirt, or upgrade the trousers...cool.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Youre both right. The pants weren't the right call with the top. The shirt was a liiiiitttle dressier than it should have been, but the cloth isnt superfine, its a little textured, so its passable I think.
As far as my recent "fascination" with J Crew pants, Flying Monkey - they look awesome on me. Ive got 2 Pantas and a bunch of Kent Wangs, Cornelianis etc in alteration, so until my other $1800 of pants come back, my $70 J Crews will do just fine.
Hehe. I'm sure everyone here owns a pair of beige cotton twill trousers in some sort or another. And I'm sure anyone with a reasonably inquiring mind (who's bored enough to explore the links at the bottom), has also understood how SF LLC works! But anyway, Spoo, you're a hard guy to throw stones at sartorially-speaking, even if I don't like your now ubiquitous tiny chinos. Your rare moments of fallibility are reassurance to less elegant mortals like me.Quote:
Er...check away, I actually just joined to try to sell some shoes that didn't fit, and kind of got sucked in to the madness. But...I was putting my own trousers on and doing my own buttons up for a few decades beforehand, I promise. In a weird way, that's very flattering though.Quote:
But, miserable little bastard as he is, Mr Umbrella is incontrovertibly correct (and, frequently, funny). I am far from SF-approved. As my next post will no doubt demonstrate.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › WTF over-zealous police? 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris ss16 Camo Parka. size 44 (XS) 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...