Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2544post #38146 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38147 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38148 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38149 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:50ampost #38150 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:53ampost #38151 of 7871910/23/12 at 10:08amQuote:
Originally Posted by The Bearded Pocket Square Police
I'm obliged to tell you to tame that pocket puff.
Glad it's not just me; hope you find a third today. I'm obsessing about the bloody thing now!
I'm pretty average height (5'11"); it's just a camera/perspective thing. But you're right, these trousers are just too wide, especially around the thighs - this pic really shows it. Thanks.post #38152 of 7871910/23/12 at 10:13ampost #38153 of 7871910/23/12 at 10:30ampost #38154 of 7871910/23/12 at 11:28am
I wouldn't have tried to compare it if you hadn't said, but...
This is also good, but I prefer the pattern of Spoo's jacket and the narrower cut and fabric of his trousers. Plus, whether it actually is or not, that looks like a tie in your pocket rather than a square...post #38155 of 7871910/23/12 at 11:34ampost #38156 of 7871910/23/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I wasn't really trying to invite comparison, merely following up on a comment I made yesterday. In any case, the trousers aren't quite as wide as the picture implies; that's mostly just the perspective from which the photo was taken. They are, however, wider than what he was rocking yesterday.Quote:post #38157 of 7871910/23/12 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.
I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.
What if the PS was tamed and showing less, would that be enough balance between competing pieces? I usually don't wear the knit with a suit either (though I am a fan of the guy behind hespokeshespoke tumblr, who does it often). It's a casual look to me. But I'm not seeing clients today, the bosses are gone, and as you know oregetorix it's nice in the ville. Another question...with a "casual" knit tie, are you going the wrong direction to pair with a TV fold linen PS?post #38158 of 7871910/23/12 at 12:18pmpost #38159 of 7871910/23/12 at 12:20pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...