Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2544post #38146 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38147 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38148 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38149 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:50ampost #38150 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:53ampost #38151 of 7872110/23/12 at 10:08amQuote:
Originally Posted by The Bearded Pocket Square Police
I'm obliged to tell you to tame that pocket puff.
Glad it's not just me; hope you find a third today. I'm obsessing about the bloody thing now!
I'm pretty average height (5'11"); it's just a camera/perspective thing. But you're right, these trousers are just too wide, especially around the thighs - this pic really shows it. Thanks.post #38152 of 7872110/23/12 at 10:13ampost #38153 of 7872110/23/12 at 10:30ampost #38154 of 7872110/23/12 at 11:28am
I wouldn't have tried to compare it if you hadn't said, but...
This is also good, but I prefer the pattern of Spoo's jacket and the narrower cut and fabric of his trousers. Plus, whether it actually is or not, that looks like a tie in your pocket rather than a square...post #38155 of 7872110/23/12 at 11:34ampost #38156 of 7872110/23/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I wasn't really trying to invite comparison, merely following up on a comment I made yesterday. In any case, the trousers aren't quite as wide as the picture implies; that's mostly just the perspective from which the photo was taken. They are, however, wider than what he was rocking yesterday.Quote:post #38157 of 7872110/23/12 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.
I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.
What if the PS was tamed and showing less, would that be enough balance between competing pieces? I usually don't wear the knit with a suit either (though I am a fan of the guy behind hespokeshespoke tumblr, who does it often). It's a casual look to me. But I'm not seeing clients today, the bosses are gone, and as you know oregetorix it's nice in the ville. Another question...with a "casual" knit tie, are you going the wrong direction to pair with a TV fold linen PS?post #38158 of 7872110/23/12 at 12:18pmpost #38159 of 7872110/23/12 at 12:20pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from John Lobb and Gaziano & Girling - Sizes 9.5-10 UK... 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 12 minutes ago
- › BNWOT unworn Epaulet sz 28/29 pants NOW FREE JUST PAY SHIPPING 14 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 18 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Help Needed to Properly Describe a Corneliani Overcoat 21 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...