He's holding the black spot in place.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2544
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38147 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:46ampost #38148 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38149 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:47ampost #38150 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:50ampost #38151 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:53ampost #38152 of 7872310/23/12 at 10:08amQuote:
Originally Posted by The Bearded Pocket Square Police
I'm obliged to tell you to tame that pocket puff.
Glad it's not just me; hope you find a third today. I'm obsessing about the bloody thing now!
I'm pretty average height (5'11"); it's just a camera/perspective thing. But you're right, these trousers are just too wide, especially around the thighs - this pic really shows it. Thanks.post #38153 of 7872310/23/12 at 10:13ampost #38154 of 7872310/23/12 at 10:30ampost #38155 of 7872310/23/12 at 11:28am
I wouldn't have tried to compare it if you hadn't said, but...
This is also good, but I prefer the pattern of Spoo's jacket and the narrower cut and fabric of his trousers. Plus, whether it actually is or not, that looks like a tie in your pocket rather than a square...post #38156 of 7872310/23/12 at 11:34ampost #38157 of 7872310/23/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I wasn't really trying to invite comparison, merely following up on a comment I made yesterday. In any case, the trousers aren't quite as wide as the picture implies; that's mostly just the perspective from which the photo was taken. They are, however, wider than what he was rocking yesterday.Quote:post #38158 of 7872310/23/12 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.
I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.
What if the PS was tamed and showing less, would that be enough balance between competing pieces? I usually don't wear the knit with a suit either (though I am a fan of the guy behind hespokeshespoke tumblr, who does it often). It's a casual look to me. But I'm not seeing clients today, the bosses are gone, and as you know oregetorix it's nice in the ville. Another question...with a "casual" knit tie, are you going the wrong direction to pair with a TV fold linen PS?post #38159 of 7872310/23/12 at 12:18pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What should be in my undergraduate wardrobe? 29 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › LIVE TV=wAtcH Ohio State vs Navy live NCAA football Live Streaming 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss 3 minutes ago
- › Shoes and matching to a suit 3 minutes ago
- › ((TV2PC))~Wofford vs Georgia Tech Live 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › ((TV2PC))~Tennessee-Martin vs Kentucky Live 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)