Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2543post #38131 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38132 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:04amGREAT fits.
These should go in WAYWN All StarsQuote:post #38133 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:05ampost #38134 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:10amQuote:
Hahaha, well I started with the 4 tips but it kept falling down so I changed it to this.Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. That's why I joined the forum. I'm still at the basics of mixing colors and definitely have a hard time imagining some green or blue in this attire. Could you please give me an example of what you would change please?post #38135 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:13ampost #38136 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:18ampost #38137 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:26amQuote:
This is a hard thing to get the hang of. If you do not have an eye for pairing colors then really all you can do is study combinations you like and hone your eye from there. It complicates things to not know the true colors at play. It's very hard to get a color to come out on a monitor as it does IRL. So advice on the internet will rarely be correct or as good as it could be.
Basic rules are that richer, darker colors compliment one another. When you are dealing with a wine color (as you seem to be doing here) you want to focus on colors and textures that compliment one another. Think bottle greens, dusty blues, textured navies, deeper mauve, etc. Colors should never directly match. Instead a shirt, PS and tie should all play off one another in an effort to tie a look together.post #38138 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:29ampost #38139 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:31am
Jacket is way too short
Do you ever swing and miss? Not that I've seen . . . .Quote:
Too baggy . . . . I get you are a short, stocky guy but those pants are like sailsQuote:
ClassicQuote:Originally Posted by black_umbrella
SB makes a good point. The other issue is that you appear to have chosen to match your PS, socks, and contrast stitching. This is not a good idea.
On the other hand, the pics are much better.
I tried to get the color adjusted so the jacket is somewhere near the correct shade.
Adjust the jacket to the correct length as well
Nice watchpost #38140 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:36ampost #38141 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:38ampost #38142 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:39ampost #38143 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:40ampost #38144 of 7872210/23/12 at 9:41am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...