Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2543post #38131 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38132 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:04amGREAT fits.
These should go in WAYWN All StarsQuote:post #38133 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:05ampost #38134 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:10amQuote:
Hahaha, well I started with the 4 tips but it kept falling down so I changed it to this.Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. That's why I joined the forum. I'm still at the basics of mixing colors and definitely have a hard time imagining some green or blue in this attire. Could you please give me an example of what you would change please?post #38135 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:13ampost #38136 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:18ampost #38137 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:26amQuote:
This is a hard thing to get the hang of. If you do not have an eye for pairing colors then really all you can do is study combinations you like and hone your eye from there. It complicates things to not know the true colors at play. It's very hard to get a color to come out on a monitor as it does IRL. So advice on the internet will rarely be correct or as good as it could be.
Basic rules are that richer, darker colors compliment one another. When you are dealing with a wine color (as you seem to be doing here) you want to focus on colors and textures that compliment one another. Think bottle greens, dusty blues, textured navies, deeper mauve, etc. Colors should never directly match. Instead a shirt, PS and tie should all play off one another in an effort to tie a look together.post #38138 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:29ampost #38139 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:31am
Jacket is way too short
Do you ever swing and miss? Not that I've seen . . . .Quote:
Too baggy . . . . I get you are a short, stocky guy but those pants are like sailsQuote:
ClassicQuote:Originally Posted by black_umbrella
SB makes a good point. The other issue is that you appear to have chosen to match your PS, socks, and contrast stitching. This is not a good idea.
On the other hand, the pics are much better.
I tried to get the color adjusted so the jacket is somewhere near the correct shade.
Adjust the jacket to the correct length as well
Nice watchpost #38140 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:36ampost #38141 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:38ampost #38142 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:39ampost #38143 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:40ampost #38144 of 7872310/23/12 at 9:41am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW VISVIM FBT SHAMAN JP DK BROWN SIZE 8 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)