Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2542post #38116 of 7872110/23/12 at 5:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38117 of 7872110/23/12 at 6:08amQuote:
SB makes a good point. The other issue is that you appear to have chosen to match your PS, socks, and contrast stitching. This is not a good idea.
On the other hand, the pics are much better.
I tried to get the color adjusted so the jacket is somewhere near the correct shade.
closer (Click to show)post #38118 of 7872110/23/12 at 7:04ammore x posts.
per some suggestions, i swapped the blue tie for black, and the spread collar, for OCBD. i think i like the other way better.
pls to excuse the neck hair, a trim is gravely needed.
down belowpost #38119 of 7872110/23/12 at 7:18ampost #38120 of 7872110/23/12 at 7:53ampost #38121 of 7872110/23/12 at 7:58amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fucking hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! Would be cool to get some full body shots! Keep it coming!post #38122 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by NickPollica
Can't seem to leave the new chalkstripe suit alone these days.
Santoni for Michele Negri Pics (Click to show)
I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie. The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit. Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.post #38123 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie. The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit. Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.
Interesting, I originally thought the same thing but shell didn't work as well. I think the texture of the suede plays quite nicely with the depth of the fabric.post #38124 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:17ampost #38125 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Fucking hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! Would be cool to get some full body shots! Keep it coming!
why thanks! i still have the loafers, and wear them plenty.
also, i have had these shoes for almost a year, and have posted them here as well.Quote:
thanks, it was last week. same SC, but with a navy grenadine and white spread collar shirt.
for your comparisson (Click to show)
shoes are carmina, punched cap toes, simpson last.post #38126 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:42amQuote:
CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.
I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.post #38127 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
I found this Corneliani Linea Sartoria for a song. Changed the buttons to brown horn buttons.
Can´t decide whether the shoulders are too pronunced. Can the padding be removed without ruining the jacket?
Please advice me.
Shirt from Ashwood & Blake
Tie Drake´s of London
Flannell trousers from Oscar Jacobson.
C&J Hallams Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Removing shoulder pads is easy peasy. I think you should try removing at least one layer of padding.post #38128 of 7872110/23/12 at 8:58ampost #38129 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:00ampost #38130 of 7872110/23/12 at 9:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 59 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE OCTOBER 9TH - THE JACKET (OR COAT) CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth