Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2542post #38116 of 7871910/23/12 at 5:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38117 of 7871910/23/12 at 6:08amQuote:
SB makes a good point. The other issue is that you appear to have chosen to match your PS, socks, and contrast stitching. This is not a good idea.
On the other hand, the pics are much better.
I tried to get the color adjusted so the jacket is somewhere near the correct shade.
closer (Click to show)post #38118 of 7871910/23/12 at 7:04ammore x posts.
per some suggestions, i swapped the blue tie for black, and the spread collar, for OCBD. i think i like the other way better.
pls to excuse the neck hair, a trim is gravely needed.
down belowpost #38119 of 7871910/23/12 at 7:18ampost #38120 of 7871910/23/12 at 7:53ampost #38121 of 7871910/23/12 at 7:58amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fucking hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! Would be cool to get some full body shots! Keep it coming!post #38122 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by NickPollica
Can't seem to leave the new chalkstripe suit alone these days.
Santoni for Michele Negri Pics (Click to show)
I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie. The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit. Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.post #38123 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie. The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit. Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.
Interesting, I originally thought the same thing but shell didn't work as well. I think the texture of the suede plays quite nicely with the depth of the fabric.post #38124 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:17ampost #38125 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Fucking hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! Would be cool to get some full body shots! Keep it coming!
why thanks! i still have the loafers, and wear them plenty.
also, i have had these shoes for almost a year, and have posted them here as well.Quote:
thanks, it was last week. same SC, but with a navy grenadine and white spread collar shirt.
for your comparisson (Click to show)
shoes are carmina, punched cap toes, simpson last.post #38126 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:42amQuote:
CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.
I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.post #38127 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
I found this Corneliani Linea Sartoria for a song. Changed the buttons to brown horn buttons.
Can´t decide whether the shoulders are too pronunced. Can the padding be removed without ruining the jacket?
Please advice me.
Shirt from Ashwood & Blake
Tie Drake´s of London
Flannell trousers from Oscar Jacobson.
C&J Hallams Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Removing shoulder pads is easy peasy. I think you should try removing at least one layer of padding.post #38128 of 7871910/23/12 at 8:58ampost #38129 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:00ampost #38130 of 7871910/23/12 at 9:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Variance in the acceptabilty of business dress by region. 30 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › NWT ISAIA windowpane plaid sport jacket EU52R 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...