Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2538
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38057 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:28am
Gracias for all the tie love guys. It really is a tie that I've been on the fence about for a while. It's hard as hell to pair with...and that's really my big concern (one of the reasons why I post mostly tie/shirt/jacket or cardigan shots). I know a lot of people will say shoes make the outfit, but I'm really in love with ties.
That blue shirt is really the only thing that works with that tie. Given the positive response it's gotten (and the fact that I really love how it knots, hangs, and feels), I will probably go out and try and find another fabric that it goes with. I've already failed miserably in the October No Purchase Club, so I figure if I get everything out of the way now, I have a decent chance at November.
And Kappelan...I am a big fan of any deviations from the orthodox look which still manage to fall within the bounds of aesthetically acceptable. So keep pushing those boundaries (without approaching SW&D territory of course...that place is scary).
post #38058 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:29ampost #38059 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:48ampost #38060 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:49ampost #38061 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:53ampost #38062 of 7872210/22/12 at 10:55ampost #38063 of 7872210/22/12 at 11:21ampost #38064 of 7872210/22/12 at 11:40ampost #38065 of 7872210/22/12 at 12:29pmpost #38066 of 7872210/22/12 at 12:31pmpost #38067 of 7872210/22/12 at 12:34pmEnd of day shot.
Tie was borrowed from my old father. I remember wearing it 15 years ago, in a college function. Shirt is light blue and the suit has a burgundy stripe which is hardly visible in the pic. I think he's not going to get the tie backpost #38068 of 7872210/22/12 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Requiem
End of day shot.
Tie was borrowed from my old father. I remember wearing it 15 years ago, in a college function. Shirt is light blue and the suit has a burgundy stripe which is hardly visible in the pic. I think he's not going to get the tie back Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Try anyway.post #38069 of 7872210/22/12 at 12:38pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › LEMAIRE 13 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...