Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2535post #38012 of 7871710/21/12 at 11:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by theBigwig
So guys, that's me now few weeks back. M&S jacket, self made critter pants ( http://the-bigwig.blogspot.com/2012/09/critter-pants-jak-to-zrobic.html ) OCBD shirt with tiny blue stripes.
the fit is impeccable... not sold on the "critters"...post #38013 of 7871710/22/12 at 2:10amQuote:
Saturday was the annual ceremony where honorary doctorates are awarded and new professors are installed at the university where I work. So public lectures in the morning and then ceremony and white tie party in the evening. So no, not typical weekend wearpost #38014 of 7871710/22/12 at 2:44ampost #38015 of 7871710/22/12 at 2:57ampost #38016 of 7871710/22/12 at 2:59ampost #38017 of 7871710/22/12 at 4:11amjavknot, there are several things I dislike and thus would change about your outfit.
1) Your tie is too close in color to the cardigan and looks very sloppy, no idea if it is of poor quality or was tied and/or stored wrongly.
2) Personally I dislike tie bars, I think there are many SFers who agree, I would drop it unless you really like it.
3) You are a very slim guy and I think guys your frame can profit greatly from a jacket worn as an additional layer ontop of a cardigan/sweater.
It would too help balance the grade of formality of the whole outfit. Spread collar, tie, and oxford shoes worn without a jacket just looks off to my eyes.
4) Might be caused by your unusual pose but the way your pants fall, too is not very flattering
The right pockets seems to flare open which, as I have learned, might be caused by a pant which is too small in waist and/or rise for yourself.
Also a pleated pant should not be punching all the way down your leg.
Others have a better eye to give you advise on whether the sizing or the cut is off for yourself.post #38018 of 7871710/22/12 at 4:29ampost #38019 of 7871710/22/12 at 4:54ampost #38020 of 7871710/22/12 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sorry for the blurriness in the main pic, but my best effort today at "full body compliance". Knitted tie, four-in-hand for literally the second time in my life. You guys are getting to me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for trying.post #38021 of 7871710/22/12 at 5:56ampost #38022 of 7871710/22/12 at 6:21amQuote:
OK...SF Acid Test...tell the truth: Did you rent or do you own your tails?post #38023 of 7871710/22/12 at 6:24amQuote:
Don't mean to insight an argument about a silly tie, just need to set this man straight....
That is a genuine PRL tie. I hate to admit this, but BP on eBay is good on his word of genuine RL.
Secondly, which I don't hate to admit, the Teddy Bear is a PRL icon. It was more prominent pre-2000, I bet Ezra Wine (PRL/RL collector) has probably witnessed more than I have.
Anyone with decent understanding of the history of the brand would know they had bears on shirts, sweaters, bed sets, jackets, ties, polos, etc...
Hell, right now on the (official) Vintage (Japan) site they are selling a Teddy Bear wearing 'RRL' jeans...
So, yes its genuine, and yes its a tad silly, but nothing wrong with a little silliness now and then.post #38024 of 7871710/22/12 at 6:36ampost #38025 of 7871710/22/12 at 6:51am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 955 Active Users (97 Members and 858 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › ENTRY LEVEL CHALLENGE - VOTE NOW 23 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 36 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 43 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding