Kai - Like your outfit, very nice. But you seem angry all the time :(
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2535
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38012 of 7872210/21/12 at 11:39pmpost #38013 of 7872210/21/12 at 11:54pmpost #38014 of 7872210/21/12 at 11:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by theBigwig
So guys, that's me now few weeks back. M&S jacket, self made critter pants ( http://the-bigwig.blogspot.com/2012/09/critter-pants-jak-to-zrobic.html ) OCBD shirt with tiny blue stripes.
the fit is impeccable... not sold on the "critters"...post #38015 of 7872210/22/12 at 2:10amQuote:
Saturday was the annual ceremony where honorary doctorates are awarded and new professors are installed at the university where I work. So public lectures in the morning and then ceremony and white tie party in the evening. So no, not typical weekend wearpost #38016 of 7872210/22/12 at 2:44ampost #38017 of 7872210/22/12 at 2:57ampost #38018 of 7872210/22/12 at 2:59ampost #38019 of 7872210/22/12 at 4:11amjavknot, there are several things I dislike and thus would change about your outfit.
1) Your tie is too close in color to the cardigan and looks very sloppy, no idea if it is of poor quality or was tied and/or stored wrongly.
2) Personally I dislike tie bars, I think there are many SFers who agree, I would drop it unless you really like it.
3) You are a very slim guy and I think guys your frame can profit greatly from a jacket worn as an additional layer ontop of a cardigan/sweater.
It would too help balance the grade of formality of the whole outfit. Spread collar, tie, and oxford shoes worn without a jacket just looks off to my eyes.
4) Might be caused by your unusual pose but the way your pants fall, too is not very flattering
The right pockets seems to flare open which, as I have learned, might be caused by a pant which is too small in waist and/or rise for yourself.
Also a pleated pant should not be punching all the way down your leg.
Others have a better eye to give you advise on whether the sizing or the cut is off for yourself.post #38020 of 7872210/22/12 at 4:29ampost #38021 of 7872210/22/12 at 4:54ampost #38022 of 7872210/22/12 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sorry for the blurriness in the main pic, but my best effort today at "full body compliance". Knitted tie, four-in-hand for literally the second time in my life. You guys are getting to me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for trying.post #38023 of 7872210/22/12 at 5:56ampost #38024 of 7872210/22/12 at 6:21amQuote:
OK...SF Acid Test...tell the truth: Did you rent or do you own your tails?post #38025 of 7872210/22/12 at 6:24amQuote:
Don't mean to insight an argument about a silly tie, just need to set this man straight....
That is a genuine PRL tie. I hate to admit this, but BP on eBay is good on his word of genuine RL.
Secondly, which I don't hate to admit, the Teddy Bear is a PRL icon. It was more prominent pre-2000, I bet Ezra Wine (PRL/RL collector) has probably witnessed more than I have.
Anyone with decent understanding of the history of the brand would know they had bears on shirts, sweaters, bed sets, jackets, ties, polos, etc...
Hell, right now on the (official) Vintage (Japan) site they are selling a Teddy Bear wearing 'RRL' jeans...
So, yes its genuine, and yes its a tad silly, but nothing wrong with a little silliness now and then.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1693 Active Users (340 Members and 1353 Guests)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 15 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 19 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...