Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2531post #37951 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:13pmGuys, c'mon. Do we need to do this again? He's showing another way to approach wearing suits. You don't have to like it, but we also don't need to pillory him. He has a different aesthetic and that's that.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37952 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:19pmpost #37953 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I'm actually a Carolina boy, and while it is still fairly warm here (high sixties) I work retail so we're encouraged to wear the current seasons garb.post #37954 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
I like the jacket.
The tie, there may be a jacket it will work with...but this is not it. I don't think anyone can get away with more than one type of that fabric in a single outfit. It's almost like a 1970s den with the drapes coordinating with the couch.post #37955 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
i don't know what those are, but i do wear wide pants that flow like jellyfish flaoting in air...is that what you mean ? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Close enough. Don't hurt 'em, Hammer.post #37956 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:39pmpost #37957 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
The jacket looks okay - although it's hard to see much more than the pattern. But the tie is just bad: texture, colours, knot - and it doesn't work with the jacket at all in terms either of colour or of width relative to the lapels. But then again, I'm not sure what it would work with.
I don't know. I get your point, it's a weird tie and I'm sorry the picture doesn't really show the knot, but I like it. I got it for 2 Euros in a second hand shop, so nothing wrong there. Maybe you guys would wear it with a plain grey jacket? I actually got a lot of compliments on todays outfit. So I guess as long as it works with the ladies...
And thanks, Claghornpost #37958 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I usually don't make comments like that, but that post/picture he put up is ridiculous.post #37959 of 7872110/20/12 at 2:58pmpost #37960 of 7872110/20/12 at 6:14pmpost #37961 of 7872110/20/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
lol. feel better A. sorry about the fall.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Big, A, that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Heres one fucking picture of my chest. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lol, looks great.
lololol. i think most people dont appreciate the turtlenecks, but you and rje do it well. if the thread is filled with those, im game.post #37962 of 7872110/20/12 at 7:31pm
i can assure you, post count and post quality have no correlation.Quote:
shah brah - i cant rock that stuff, but i like your style, buddy.post #37963 of 7872110/20/12 at 7:31pmpost #37964 of 7872110/20/12 at 7:49pmpost #37965 of 7872110/20/12 at 7:59pm
Not referring to Shah's hat/tshirt/jacket combination, but his other two posts (the suit with the odd fit and the jellyfish pants): I would definitely like to see more examples of Western MC heavily influenced by the sartorial traditions of other countries.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › 40L-42L-40R Summer Navy Blazers just now
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 36 seconds ago
- › NYC Tailor Recommendation 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...