Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2531post #37951 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:13pmGuys, c'mon. Do we need to do this again? He's showing another way to approach wearing suits. You don't have to like it, but we also don't need to pillory him. He has a different aesthetic and that's that.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37952 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:19pmpost #37953 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I'm actually a Carolina boy, and while it is still fairly warm here (high sixties) I work retail so we're encouraged to wear the current seasons garb.post #37954 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
I like the jacket.
The tie, there may be a jacket it will work with...but this is not it. I don't think anyone can get away with more than one type of that fabric in a single outfit. It's almost like a 1970s den with the drapes coordinating with the couch.post #37955 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
i don't know what those are, but i do wear wide pants that flow like jellyfish flaoting in air...is that what you mean ? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Close enough. Don't hurt 'em, Hammer.post #37956 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:39pmpost #37957 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
The jacket looks okay - although it's hard to see much more than the pattern. But the tie is just bad: texture, colours, knot - and it doesn't work with the jacket at all in terms either of colour or of width relative to the lapels. But then again, I'm not sure what it would work with.
I don't know. I get your point, it's a weird tie and I'm sorry the picture doesn't really show the knot, but I like it. I got it for 2 Euros in a second hand shop, so nothing wrong there. Maybe you guys would wear it with a plain grey jacket? I actually got a lot of compliments on todays outfit. So I guess as long as it works with the ladies...
And thanks, Claghornpost #37958 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I usually don't make comments like that, but that post/picture he put up is ridiculous.post #37959 of 7871910/20/12 at 2:58pmpost #37960 of 7871910/20/12 at 6:14pmpost #37961 of 7871910/20/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
lol. feel better A. sorry about the fall.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Big, A, that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Heres one fucking picture of my chest. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lol, looks great.
lololol. i think most people dont appreciate the turtlenecks, but you and rje do it well. if the thread is filled with those, im game.post #37962 of 7871910/20/12 at 7:31pm
i can assure you, post count and post quality have no correlation.Quote:
shah brah - i cant rock that stuff, but i like your style, buddy.post #37963 of 7871910/20/12 at 7:31pmpost #37964 of 7871910/20/12 at 7:49pmpost #37965 of 7871910/20/12 at 7:59pm
Not referring to Shah's hat/tshirt/jacket combination, but his other two posts (the suit with the odd fit and the jellyfish pants): I would definitely like to see more examples of Western MC heavily influenced by the sartorial traditions of other countries.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 18 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 38 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 2 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 3 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...