This is perfect for Miami. Where you at?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2523post #37831 of 7872110/18/12 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37832 of 7872110/18/12 at 9:37pmI typically don't comment on the thumbs unless there's a question, but want to call out the one from Nii in particular because he's kinda the catalyst for whatever progress I've made since I got here.post #37833 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:01pmpost #37834 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:05pmpost #37835 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:18pmpost #37836 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:23pmpost #37837 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:23pmpost #37838 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:32pmpost #37839 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:34pmpost #37840 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:51pmpost #37841 of 7872110/19/12 at 2:49ampost #37842 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:34amAn ensemble in which to face the morning monsoon - shoes are "rain shoes", pocket square is best of a bad lot.
Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Mezlan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #37843 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
I was trying to help constructively, You do dress exceptionally well almost all of the time. As you and "they" say, the chino's don't drape, but they look quite robust and masculine, even if not as suave as your upper body dressing.
I have taken the trouble to edit the pic you posted to show what i mean, also I see that NYRanger has got his trousers to a fine art in terms of break (and cuff). Best is that "they" (n0n-n00bs) seem to like it long as well, or at least they don't seem to hate what NYR has done, or know what they like TBH. I somehow think the group "bashing" frenzy kinda took over and they all had a bite.. oh well. ASPD
Thanks. It's just that I don't like how cuffed trousers look with a break, in fact these pants tend to ride down a little over the course of the day and I hate how that makes the bottoms look messy. The optimal solution would be slanted cuffs but these require bespoke, I think. I like more of a classic break with uncuffed trousers though.
I posted some pics in the tailors' thread, there you can see the pants aren't really that tapered; they have a quite classic cut, with a 8.6" leg opening, and that's how I like itpost #37844 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:59ampost #37845 of 7872110/19/12 at 5:28am
Not feeling too well today but I had to come in to teach anyway. As a result today's fit is a bit meh.
Deets: chocolate brown tweed jacket, dark brown wool waistcoat, knitted tie (all vintage), cheap J-crew blue micro-gingham shirt. Not seen: olive/grey heringbone wool trousers and dark drown suede monks.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New Epaulet Monochrome White Leather Hi Tops - Sz US 9 (EU 42) 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 9 minutes ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...