This is perfect for Miami. Where you at?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2523post #37831 of 7872110/18/12 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37832 of 7872110/18/12 at 9:37pmI typically don't comment on the thumbs unless there's a question, but want to call out the one from Nii in particular because he's kinda the catalyst for whatever progress I've made since I got here.post #37833 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:01pmpost #37834 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:05pmpost #37835 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:18pmpost #37836 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:23pmpost #37837 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:23pmpost #37838 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:32pmpost #37839 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:34pmpost #37840 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:51pmpost #37841 of 7872110/19/12 at 2:49ampost #37842 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:34amAn ensemble in which to face the morning monsoon - shoes are "rain shoes", pocket square is best of a bad lot.
Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Mezlan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #37843 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
I was trying to help constructively, You do dress exceptionally well almost all of the time. As you and "they" say, the chino's don't drape, but they look quite robust and masculine, even if not as suave as your upper body dressing.
I have taken the trouble to edit the pic you posted to show what i mean, also I see that NYRanger has got his trousers to a fine art in terms of break (and cuff). Best is that "they" (n0n-n00bs) seem to like it long as well, or at least they don't seem to hate what NYR has done, or know what they like TBH. I somehow think the group "bashing" frenzy kinda took over and they all had a bite.. oh well. ASPD
Thanks. It's just that I don't like how cuffed trousers look with a break, in fact these pants tend to ride down a little over the course of the day and I hate how that makes the bottoms look messy. The optimal solution would be slanted cuffs but these require bespoke, I think. I like more of a classic break with uncuffed trousers though.
I posted some pics in the tailors' thread, there you can see the pants aren't really that tapered; they have a quite classic cut, with a 8.6" leg opening, and that's how I like itpost #37844 of 7872110/19/12 at 4:59ampost #37845 of 7872110/19/12 at 5:28am
Not feeling too well today but I had to come in to teach anyway. As a result today's fit is a bit meh.
Deets: chocolate brown tweed jacket, dark brown wool waistcoat, knitted tie (all vintage), cheap J-crew blue micro-gingham shirt. Not seen: olive/grey heringbone wool trousers and dark drown suede monks.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Cigars 16 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 18 minutes ago
- › BROOKS BROTHERS BLACK FLEECE White Blue Red Mens Casual Dress Shirt... 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan