Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2519post #37771 of 7872310/18/12 at 9:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37772 of 7872310/18/12 at 10:08ampost #37773 of 7872310/18/12 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Don't bash him, lol. I guess what he said would be right for a more "modern, stylish, streamlined look", but that just ain't what I'm after, and I don't think these trousers have a modern cut anyways
I like cuffed pants to have little to no break, and don't mind showing socks when walking (not when standing, though). I was more concerned about the overall drape, but thanks for the feedback
there is nothing sleek or modern about having a significant trouser leg break, which was his first point.
lol that was fun.
@ lufty - i like that a lot, and im not usually into the bow tie look. well done.post #37774 of 7872310/18/12 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiazQuote:
"they look good to me; what aspect are you concerned about?"
The drape at the back of the thighs... maybe I'm just being a little OCD about it. I should post some back shots at the tailors' thread
Ah, I see. Well, it's kind of tricky to see the back of the thighs from the angle you've posted. I suppose I could persuade myself there's some extra material there (there's a vertical fold near the back that may suggest this), but really, a back shot is needed to be sure, as you say.post #37775 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:01ampost #37776 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:14ampost #37777 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:15ampost #37778 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:18ampost #37779 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:25ampost #37780 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:28ampost #37781 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:29am
A good point convincingly made. And you really can't argue with the Diceman...
(PS: I don't think anyone is unaware that Fred is one of the posters with the best taste around here - which is why I was certain he wouldn't take this seriously)post #37782 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:30ampost #37783 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:47ampost #37784 of 7872310/18/12 at 11:54am
Had there been a good taste filter, this thread would be much shorter, and my own contribution virtually eliminated.
God bless freedom of speech.
(Please don't quote this and remove "virtually", with the comment "FTFY" - that one went out with the ark strike-through thing....sometimes it's much funnier to not say the punchline; trust me.)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 10 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Did I buy a blunder? 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...