This is all kinds of awesome. Please join us over in the Pcock thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2519post #37771 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37772 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Don't bash him, lol. I guess what he said would be right for a more "modern, stylish, streamlined look", but that just ain't what I'm after, and I don't think these trousers have a modern cut anyways
I like cuffed pants to have little to no break, and don't mind showing socks when walking (not when standing, though). I was more concerned about the overall drape, but thanks for the feedback
there is nothing sleek or modern about having a significant trouser leg break, which was his first point.
lol that was fun.
@ lufty - i like that a lot, and im not usually into the bow tie look. well done.post #37773 of 7872110/18/12 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiazQuote:
"they look good to me; what aspect are you concerned about?"
The drape at the back of the thighs... maybe I'm just being a little OCD about it. I should post some back shots at the tailors' thread
Ah, I see. Well, it's kind of tricky to see the back of the thighs from the angle you've posted. I suppose I could persuade myself there's some extra material there (there's a vertical fold near the back that may suggest this), but really, a back shot is needed to be sure, as you say.post #37774 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:01ampost #37775 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:14ampost #37776 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:15ampost #37777 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:18ampost #37778 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:25ampost #37779 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:28ampost #37780 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:29am
A good point convincingly made. And you really can't argue with the Diceman...
(PS: I don't think anyone is unaware that Fred is one of the posters with the best taste around here - which is why I was certain he wouldn't take this seriously)post #37781 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:30ampost #37782 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:47ampost #37783 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:54am
Had there been a good taste filter, this thread would be much shorter, and my own contribution virtually eliminated.
God bless freedom of speech.
(Please don't quote this and remove "virtually", with the comment "FTFY" - that one went out with the ark strike-through thing....sometimes it's much funnier to not say the punchline; trust me.)post #37784 of 7872110/18/12 at 11:55ampost #37785 of 7872110/18/12 at 12:14pm
Getting chinos to drape? The sun will sooner rise in the west.Quote:
He posts so that you might bask in the glow of his magnificence. Duh.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 8 seconds ago
- › BD TV =Khan vs Algieri Fight Live Online 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › YES TV =Khan vs Algieri Live Fight Free 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › JOY TV =Amir Khan vs Chris Algeri Fight Live Stream 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › PLAY TV =Chris Algieri vs Amir Khan Live Stream Online 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling x Skoaktiebolaget "Glencoe" pre-order 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan