Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2517
Styleforum Top Picks
A little country in the city today.
Gant by MB
Borrelli Luxury Vintage
Rose & Born
ROTM Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with orge, that tie boaner is ridiculous, silk knot in lapel + sunglasses out of the pocket, doesn't help it out any.
Like the suit fabric though.
It's a rosette, not a silk knot. I was my late father's and I wear it every day.
As for the rest, you know what they say about opinions...
cool beans about the rosette.
while you are free hold your opinion, and the main thing is that you are happy with your dress, you do have to admit that some of the elements in your fit are on the spreezy/#menswear side of things. and as long as youre cool with that, rock on.
i dont think anyone was saying the fit/combo is bad, i certainly wasnt. only that certain elements of the fit, and the way it was presented, was a bit dandyish. thats all. and like i said, if thats what he likes, more power to him.
In the first pic I said, hey not bad.
the 2nd pic is a trainwreck. The chinos look really in-congruent with the upper half and drape very poorly. Combine that with the PTBs (which look very geriatric in the pic) and you end up with a bit of a disaster.
this was discussed yesterday. and while i did state that im not a huge fran of those kind of khakis with that kind of jacket, the patches do bring it together some, and i certainly would not call it a disaster, thats a bit much i think.
You're absolutely right - I'm only getting wool trousers from now on. Chinos always drape like crap on me (although these were a textured herringbone that IMO goes well with a patch pocket + elbow patches jacket). The shoes are a regrettable choice, but it was suppossed to be a rainy day and didn't want to wear anything better, really.
welcome to the wooly side!!
fwiw, i hate how chinos drape on me too. i think my thighs are too thick. and, i also try and wear beater shoes when its supposed to rain.
This was as of yesterday. I don't know about the tie knot, I tried the... I don't know if the name is correct, double four-in.hand? I kinda like it cause it looks messy and so formal/triangular like a half windsor. Shirt colour is maroon. I know it is not full of colour but it's conservative.
Any recommendations on which other colours I can use with this shirt? Thanks! Have a nice day!
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Almost Human 1 minute ago
- › Buttero Tanino High Tops 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Gustin Heavy Japan Slim - Sz. 29 - Brand New 15 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen St-100x w29. Unbranded201 w30 22 minutes ago
- › Please critique my first custom shirt (Modern Tailor) 29 minutes ago
- › Custom sportsjacket Scabal fabric approx 42L 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw