Thx, yessir, they are Walts.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2516post #37726 of 7872210/17/12 at 5:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37727 of 7872210/17/12 at 8:22pmpost #37728 of 7872210/17/12 at 8:38pm
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
This was my original post:Quote:Originally Posted by MedStudent
This is my first post on sf...since it always comes up when I google my fashion questions, I figured I might as well join. This is a suit I wore yesterday to a medical conference (I'm a student in the US going for my MD, so I figured I better start dressing like a doctor soon). I wasn't going for anything fancy or flashy, I was just trying to wear a decent fitting suit and looks like I know what I'm doing.
A couple disclaimers: I know the top button on the suit is pulling a little bit. That's mostly because I have my hands in my pockets. The way the jacket hangs on my right side is the way the whole thing looks when I stand normally (i.e. no pulling)...HOWEVER, I have gained 10+ pounds since having it tailored, so it fits snugger than it should. Too snug perhaps?
This is a suit I bought on a budget (I am still a student after all...)
Suit: 38L (normal size is usually 40R) lower-priced "SF approved" brand
Shirt: Brooks Brothers MTM
Shoes: cap toe lower-priced "SF-approved" brand
And here's a few of my responses:Quote:
Thanks! Medical professionals definitely do not seem like the type of people from which you should take fashion queues...at least not around where I live.Quote:
Point taken.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
It's a nice start. Personally, I think a slightly longer jacket would look better, but you're younger than I am, so the more fashionable length is fine. I'm surprised it's an L; how tall are you, out of curiosity? More importantly, I don't think that tie works at all well in situ. Actually, I don't like it even in isolation, but I can conceive of outfits it might work. Just not with that colour shirt I think. Still, from my experience of medical conferences, I'd bet you were still one of the best dressed there...
I shouldn't have posted the size since it isn't representative of a 38L. I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs (+/-10 lbs on any given month). My height is mostly in my legs, so I generally get a better fit with a 40R as opposed a long, then have the sleeves lengthened to get the length on my overly-long arms correct--picture Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld and you'll get a pretty good idea of my build...it made it really hard to find properly-fitting suits and shirts before I discovered tailors and MTM.post #37729 of 7872210/17/12 at 11:29pmpost #37730 of 7872210/18/12 at 4:41ampost #37731 of 7872210/18/12 at 5:19ampost #37732 of 7872210/18/12 at 5:22amQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Thank you! I really appreciate this post, just as I appreciate all the other comments/thumbs on my latest pic.
It's probably fortunate we don't have a legal system involving jurys in Sweden
If I cared about what average Joe thought acceptable, I would always be wearing jeans and hoodies/chinos and shirt with the rest of them. I'll admit this suit is kind of an experiment and that it's not a work suit, but for most other activities it works just fine imho.
About it being a DB, I wear it buttoned of course but left it open to show the whole suit in this pic.
I am admittedly a little suspicious about a legal system without juries ;o) But that aside, great response to a seemingly odd comment. That suit is not my thing but you make it work for you and you are certainly better dressed than the Average Swede.post #37733 of 7872210/18/12 at 5:23ampost #37734 of 7872210/18/12 at 5:25ampost #37735 of 7872210/18/12 at 5:27ampost #37736 of 7872210/18/12 at 6:11ampost #37737 of 7872210/18/12 at 6:18ampost #37738 of 7872210/18/12 at 6:19ampost #37739 of 7872210/18/12 at 6:41ampost #37740 of 7872210/18/12 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by NickPollica
A little country in the city today.
Gant by MB
Borrelli Luxury Vintage
Rose & Born
ROTM Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with orge, that tie boaner is ridiculous, silk knot in lapel + sunglasses out of the pocket, doesn't help it out any.
Like the suit fabric though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 3 seconds ago
- › Temple of Jawnz 2011 TOJ1 - Navy/White Varsity + Navy 10 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 3 minutes ago
- › NWT NAKED & FAMOUS SKINNY GUY - INDIGO SELVEDGE DUCK CANVAS 28" 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone had experience with Cifonelli 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...