Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2512post #37666 of 7872110/16/12 at 11:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37667 of 7872110/16/12 at 11:58pmQuote:'Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
With respect: if u wore this suit to where I'm from, people would laugh at you and would think you're a clown.
If you wore this suit to court, the jury would be completely biased and u would lose the case before opening arguments.
I don't give a fuck how much it's worth. U need to tell us what u do for a living.
Also, u have big balls for showing ur face wearing that suit on the Internet. Props!
Thank you! I really appreciate this post, just as I appreciate all the other comments/thumbs on my latest pic.
It's probably fortunate we don't have a legal system involving jurys in Sweden
If I cared about what average Joe thought acceptable, I would always be wearing jeans and hoodies/chinos and shirt with the rest of them. I'll admit this suit is kind of an experiment and that it's not a work suit, but for most other activities it works just fine imho.
About it being a DB, I wear it buttoned of course but left it open to show the whole suit in this pic.post #37668 of 7872110/17/12 at 12:38ampost #37669 of 7872110/17/12 at 1:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Kappelan
It was a long busy day.
I know the tie a little bit longer
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is probably one of the best examples of a grey sport coat w/ jeans I have ever seen here. I think it's the herringbone texture with the jeans that really sets it off. The tie also ties in well (see what I did there?).post #37670 of 7872110/17/12 at 1:25ampost #37671 of 7872110/17/12 at 4:31amI'm out to dinner with former colleagues this evening, and wanted to wear something colorful, hence today's pattern mash-up (between shirt and tie).
Suit & tie - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - M P Levene, London
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Hat - Scala (it's getting cold in the mornings outside, here in NYC).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #37672 of 7872110/17/12 at 5:07amSimilar to Monday though all different pieces. I'm still not too happy with it, but it was cold and I didn't feel like wearing a proper jacket, so I wore a sweater. A bit busy, no? The blackwatch is dark, so I think I treated it as if it were solid navy when I was throwing things on this morning.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #37673 of 7872110/17/12 at 5:23ampost #37674 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:16ampost #37675 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:39am
Outfits from yesterday and today. Taking advantage of the weather to go jacket-less (I know, very un-kosher, but it's a look I'll cherish as long as I'm fit enough to wear it)...it'll probably be the last time it's warm enough to do so for about 6 months. I've noticed that contrast collars aren't popular here, but I'm a fan. The sleeves on both were rolled up, hiding the white cuffs.
Shirts are both mtm. Ties are both Thomas Pink. Trousers are both PoW Banana Republic. The black shoes are AE, the brown J&M. Complemented both with black museum Movado and a brown museum Movado (face and band) respectively.
And the inversion of colors was intentional and done with this thread in mind.post #37676 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:44ampost #37677 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:45amQuote:
ive noticed that it looks like in your recent fits you wear a very dressy SC, shirt and tie, and what looks like cotton/khaki pants, that seem a tad wrinkled. the colors are almost always bang on, but the casual look of the khakis seem a tad off with the very dressy look of the top to me. like they would do better with a less structured SC and maybe no tie.
do you not wear wool trou, or am justing being a nitpicking jerk?post #37678 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:46ampost #37679 of 7872110/17/12 at 6:52amOriginally Posted by Orgetorix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3 somewhat similar green-ish & tartan-esque ties, but I feel only Malford really deployed it well. Perhaps that's because it's mostly covered up, but still, I think it meshes best with the colours he's chosen compared to either O's or NYR's combos. They're not bad, of course, but out of the 3 usages, I think Malford's looks best. Your collective tie synchronicity, however, is most impressive... :)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 7 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015