Personally, I can't imagine it without the bow tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2511
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37652 of 7871910/16/12 at 3:34pmpost #37653 of 7871910/16/12 at 3:51pmpost #37654 of 7871910/16/12 at 4:03pmpost #37655 of 7871910/16/12 at 4:30pmpost #37656 of 7871910/16/12 at 4:42pmpost #37657 of 7871910/16/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
Even Lufty's in a related colour zone. Hat-trick of wins. Kind of goes from city to country as you scroll the page.Quote:
True true. If you're going to go dandy, go dandy. That suit takes balls to wear, it's outlandishly brilliant, and the bow tie caps the deliberate eccentricity off to a tee. EFV, that is rocking.post #37658 of 7871910/16/12 at 4:53pmpost #37659 of 7871910/16/12 at 5:08pmQuote:
At least put some effort into it, ey?post #37660 of 7871910/16/12 at 6:16pm
This is a complete win, if the game is being an extra in a post-addiction Robert Downey Jr remake of a Jack the Ripper/Shirlock Holmes/Houdini triple feature. Then again, I have no taste and am, admittedly, an awful poster.post #37661 of 7871910/16/12 at 6:42pmpost #37662 of 7871910/16/12 at 7:55pm
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Honestly, my first thought when I saw the flared bottoms on me was, "Ohhh.... Well, maybe if I taper them down a little..." After a while, the way the suit drapes around the waist made me think it would look too voluminous unless I slimmed it down all over lest I should create too much heft up top. That would ruin the entire look; thus, I figured I'd try to rock it as-is. As for pairing, I have such a small frame (and small face, frankly) that I was very careful not to go with too wide a knot or collar (though the collar falls a little narrow). And a long point collar just looks claustrophobic with the vest. My skin tone makes picking up browns difficult without washing me out, so I picked up the blue to accent the stripes. But the blue is so bold that I tried to tone it down with the navy. I thought about using a vintage brown & blue paisley Dior tie I have, but it had too much brown and was too wide -- and a wide knot just looks so ridiculous on me, so yeah. I have a rust-colored woven I almost did to pair with the dress, but enh.... I figured the vintage Hanovers would be enough, and left it at that. Ahhhh... be sure now that we are on the same page. So many variables!
Again with the greens! Killing it with that pocket square. Nicely done, sir.Quote:
Heh, vintage... Though yes, the tie is a little unfortunate. Going with a more discreet stripe would look much better, IMO. Suit fit is good, though, MedStudent. Yay for students making an effort!Quote:
Yes for that Wawa! Many late-night runs at that store during college. Though apparently it has been called the northernmost of the southern schools
Baller! I would have to go with a bowtie with this; it really makes it. What does confuse me is the double-breasted choice, when the vest is invisible if the jacket is buttoned. I suppose this goes back to the issue of whether one should leave the jacket unbuttoned in a 3-piece? But leaving a double-breasted jacket unbuttoned seems to me, unless one usually stands around in poses like that one.post #37663 of 7871910/16/12 at 8:26pmpost #37664 of 7871910/16/12 at 9:08pmpost #37665 of 7871910/16/12 at 9:10pm
With respect: if u wore this suit to where I'm from, people would laugh at you and would think you're a clown.
If you wore this suit to court, the jury would be completely biased and u would lose the case before opening arguments.
I don't give a fuck how much it's worth. U need to tell us what u do for a living.
Also, u have big balls for showing ur face wearing that suit on the Internet. Props!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › DROPS 01/23!!! Suits 38-40R. Borrelli, Sartoria Attolini, Zegna... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 2 minutes ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...