Personally, I can't imagine it without the bow tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2511
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37652 of 7872110/16/12 at 3:34pmpost #37653 of 7872110/16/12 at 3:51pmpost #37654 of 7872110/16/12 at 4:03pmpost #37655 of 7872110/16/12 at 4:30pmpost #37656 of 7872110/16/12 at 4:42pmpost #37657 of 7872110/16/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
Even Lufty's in a related colour zone. Hat-trick of wins. Kind of goes from city to country as you scroll the page.Quote:
True true. If you're going to go dandy, go dandy. That suit takes balls to wear, it's outlandishly brilliant, and the bow tie caps the deliberate eccentricity off to a tee. EFV, that is rocking.post #37658 of 7872110/16/12 at 4:53pmpost #37659 of 7872110/16/12 at 5:08pmQuote:
At least put some effort into it, ey?post #37660 of 7872110/16/12 at 6:16pm
This is a complete win, if the game is being an extra in a post-addiction Robert Downey Jr remake of a Jack the Ripper/Shirlock Holmes/Houdini triple feature. Then again, I have no taste and am, admittedly, an awful poster.post #37661 of 7872110/16/12 at 6:42pmpost #37662 of 7872110/16/12 at 7:55pm
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Honestly, my first thought when I saw the flared bottoms on me was, "Ohhh.... Well, maybe if I taper them down a little..." After a while, the way the suit drapes around the waist made me think it would look too voluminous unless I slimmed it down all over lest I should create too much heft up top. That would ruin the entire look; thus, I figured I'd try to rock it as-is. As for pairing, I have such a small frame (and small face, frankly) that I was very careful not to go with too wide a knot or collar (though the collar falls a little narrow). And a long point collar just looks claustrophobic with the vest. My skin tone makes picking up browns difficult without washing me out, so I picked up the blue to accent the stripes. But the blue is so bold that I tried to tone it down with the navy. I thought about using a vintage brown & blue paisley Dior tie I have, but it had too much brown and was too wide -- and a wide knot just looks so ridiculous on me, so yeah. I have a rust-colored woven I almost did to pair with the dress, but enh.... I figured the vintage Hanovers would be enough, and left it at that. Ahhhh... be sure now that we are on the same page. So many variables!
Again with the greens! Killing it with that pocket square. Nicely done, sir.Quote:
Heh, vintage... Though yes, the tie is a little unfortunate. Going with a more discreet stripe would look much better, IMO. Suit fit is good, though, MedStudent. Yay for students making an effort!Quote:
Yes for that Wawa! Many late-night runs at that store during college. Though apparently it has been called the northernmost of the southern schools
Baller! I would have to go with a bowtie with this; it really makes it. What does confuse me is the double-breasted choice, when the vest is invisible if the jacket is buttoned. I suppose this goes back to the issue of whether one should leave the jacket unbuttoned in a 3-piece? But leaving a double-breasted jacket unbuttoned seems to me, unless one usually stands around in poses like that one.post #37663 of 7872110/16/12 at 8:26pmpost #37664 of 7872110/16/12 at 9:08pmpost #37665 of 7872110/16/12 at 9:10pm
With respect: if u wore this suit to where I'm from, people would laugh at you and would think you're a clown.
If you wore this suit to court, the jury would be completely biased and u would lose the case before opening arguments.
I don't give a fuck how much it's worth. U need to tell us what u do for a living.
Also, u have big balls for showing ur face wearing that suit on the Internet. Props!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 46 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer Shell Corodvan. 12D 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...