Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2506post #37576 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37577 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:13ampost #37578 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:17ampost #37579 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:31ampost #37580 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:33ampost #37581 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:34ampost #37582 of 7872210/16/12 at 6:45ampost #37583 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:15ampost #37584 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:22amSeñor Crust, I like the brown tie, but it seems so out of character for you.
Generally a lot of nice posts recently. It would seem that the center of gravity in most wardrobes is firmly in F/W.post #37585 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Attempting charcoal... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
i think the fit is quite nice. maybe a very light gray trou would be better, or as sheepy suggested, a tan. i think that might be quite nice, i have always liked tan and gray.Quote:
and i like it. i love fall attire.post #37586 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:40ampost #37587 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:41amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by CesarC
Ok, so, this is my first post in this here thread. Let's see how it goes
From last week, with my first attempt at a patterned pocket square. Not really sure about the combination, but hoped the blues in the denim would help tie it all together.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This weekend I attended a semi-outdoor wedding reception (inside a barn) in upstate NY, perfect fall weather. Shoutout to Tweedydon for setting me up with this wonderful vintage Cricketeer 3-piece!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You rock the shit out of that vintage suit. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.post #37588 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Rambo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) You rock the shit out of that vintage suit. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.
yah, i would prefer a tapered leg opening, but he seems to pull it off. swagger.post #37589 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
on the casual side today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stitchy, digging the SC. Good texture. Also glad to see a pale blue shirt in the mix. Hard to tell how well the windowpane trousers fit into the overall look, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.
The only thing that is glaring here is the shoe selection. Not only is that last far too sleek/Italian for a decidedly Anglo tweed/wool combo, but the coloring doesn't compliment the dark, rich, neutral colors of the rest of the fit. I think a darker brown blucher would work well here. Or at the least a slightly more blobby, darker suede penny or tassel loafer.
Just my $0.02.post #37590 of 7872210/16/12 at 7:57am
This is my first post on sf...since it always comes up when I google my fashion questions, I figured I might as well join. This is a suit I wore yesterday to a medical conference (I'm a student in the US going for my MD, so I figured I better start dressing like a doctor soon). I wasn't going for anything fancy or flashy, I was just trying to wear a decent fitting suit and looks like I know what I'm doing.
A couple disclaimers: I know the top button on the suit is pulling a little bit. That's mostly because I have my hands in my pockets. The way the jacket hangs on my right side is the way the whole thing looks when I stand normally (i.e. no pulling)...HOWEVER, I have gained 10+ pounds since having it tailored, so it fits snugger than it should. Too snug perhaps?
This is a suit I bought on a budget (I am still a student after all...)
Suit: 38L (normal size is usually 40R) lower-priced "SF approved" brand
Shirt: Brooks Brothers MTM
Shoes: cap toe lower-priced "SF-approved" brand
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Wacth ©®®>~~Nebraska vs Iow Live stream 2 seconds ago
- › UNCOMFORTABLE SHOULDER? forward shoulders 11 seconds ago
- › watch.. STREAMING Marshall vs Western Kentucky Live Streaming games 41 seconds ago
- › LIVE TV=Western Kentucky vs Marshall Live 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › LIVE TV=Nebraska vs Iowa Live 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › LIVE TV=Western Kentucky vs Marshall Live 3 minutes ago
- › How much is my website worth? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...