Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2505
Styleforum Top Picks
the suit trousers need more tapering especially at the bottom. they are flaring out and its not flattering. you are slender and definitely need to have the trousers looked at.
in the first pic with the SC and denim, i appreciate the look although a simpler shirt might have done you justice and the pocket square is a little out of place.
welcome to SF
It is a vintage suit, seems to have a boot cut or flared bottom... tapering would ruin that look. For some reason, I really like it...
This weekend I attended a semi-outdoor wedding reception (inside a barn) in upstate NY, perfect fall weather. Shoutout to Tweedydon for setting me up with this wonderful vintage Cricketeer 3-piece! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the suit rocks! Initially I also thought the trousers needed some tapering, but after having looked at the fit for a while it somehow works.
Also, (and this was discussed in another thread yesterday) I do think that three-piece suits look much better when worn with the jacket unbuttoned. Anyone else agree?
Ok, so, this is my first post in this here thread. Let's see how it goes
From last week, with my first attempt at a patterned pocket square. Not really sure about the combination, but hoped the blues in the denim would help tie it all together.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This weekend I attended a semi-outdoor wedding reception (inside a barn) in upstate NY, perfect fall weather. Shoutout to Tweedydon for setting me up with this wonderful vintage Cricketeer 3-piece!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It is a vintage suit after all and yes it does have flared trouser legs. I think it looks seriously cool, beautiful the way it sits on the shoe (and top of heel) with a single front break. Perfection!!
I also think however, as a couple, I would have picked up a couple of colours in the ladies frock for shirt / tie / and (missing) PS. To me the blue of the shirt is very powerful. Ideal, IMO, cream / white / ecru shirt with madder dark brown orange... tie (with a dimple)
You looking very good for first day of 'school' Mister. Cinch that tie knot the extra half inch into your collar and you are good to go. Nice one Mister!!
Addendum: I know the suit is modern and the trousers are low cut, and the jacket probably doesn't cover his crotch or ass. No nitpick!!
Attempting charcoal... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Even with the patch pockets still kinda looks like you grabbed the wrong pants with your suit jacket. This effect is a little exacerbated by everything else looking like it belongs with a suit (shirt, tie, etc). I wonder if navy cords or something similar would soften this. Actually, I'm having a hard time imagining that too...
This is a question rather than a critique... what do you think about the break of trousers when you have a cuff? I've always thought (and I may be wrong) that when trousers are cuffed to go for the minimum break possible, whereas if they are uncuffed you would go for an inch or a 2-inch break (depending on preference).
I would normally agree, but there is a very strong and long-standing tradition of suit trousers like this - look at Astaire's trousers for a start - and it works in this context. I am short and fairly slim and I tend to taper my trousers, but I don't think it is a 'rule'.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 seconds ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 26 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 59 seconds ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw