or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 26  

post #376 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

Manfrotto tripod crew reprezent!

Oh, and that's a nice SC too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Two days in one post.




I like the jacket, shoes and scarf in the first pic a lot. The pants may be a hair on the big side, but I should really keep my mouth shut about pants.

Very nice combo on the second outfit as well. Scarf is a nice splash of colour. I think the cut of those pants are much better suited to your frame.
post #377 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
I like the jacket, shoes and scarf in the first pic a lot. The pants may be a hair on the big side, but I should really keep my mouth shut about pants.

Very nice combo on the second outfit as well. Scarf is a nice splash of colour. I think the cut of those pants are much better suited to your frame.
Interestingly, both trousers are cut from the same pattern. The first one (corduroy) definitely needs a pressing, though.
post #378 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post
Interestingly, both trousers are cut from the same pattern. The first one (corduroy) definitely needs a pressing, though.

Surprising! Must just be the angle or an errant gust of wind, I suppose.
post #379 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post
Getting smacked around doesn't bother me. I've performed for directors with whom other members of the troupe have had to mediate the dissolution of tensions before the eruption of physical violence (on both parts), so I'm not too worried. If there's a legitimate constructive criticism I've not yet heard I'm all ears. Insults, condescension, and lack of courtesy are another matter all together. Thanks for the input though. I really like your fits and generally find things in them to take note of. Like today. That silhouette works very well for you and I think is a good example of something in the range of things which I should consider to be a good fit.

Your experience in the theatre (I will posit your tale as told above is theatrical in nature) is most colorful, and sounds true to what I've heard from theatrical professionals that I know here in NYC.

I try to proffer opinions honestly, but not for purposes of harm, and I've only been posting here regularly for a short while, and have had my own set of psychic bruises from criticism - most of it actually quite constructive.

As for my fits, my body seems to morph into different shapes, so it's always a crap shoot to see if
what I've laid out the night before will fit reasonably on the day itself. It seems that I was relatively lucky today. Thanks for the comments.
post #380 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
It's to rain AND snow in NYC over the next two days, so inspiration for fits is definitely not coming from the weather.

The suit you've seen recently, the tie I dug out of the closet, partially because I like it, partially because it's a narrow tie (at least for my collection), and is more proportionate to the lapels of today's suit.

The cufflinks are recent souvenirs of Venice - Murano glass - and are being worn solely as a caprice on my part - their color nor shape relate to the rest of my fit today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







This is your best suit. You look really good here, Crusty, and this suit makes you look a good 15 pounds lighter. I even like the tie and square. I wish the photo was more crisp though. Something going on with your camera and the stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Looks good, Spoo. I see you got the memo that it was copperish brown knit tie day.

Mike
post #381 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
[/spoiler]

This is your best suit. You look really good here, Crusty, and this suit makes you look a good 15 pounds lighter. I even like the tie and square. I wish the photo was more crisp though. Something going on with your camera and the stripes.

Mike

15 pounds lighter? Like catnip is your comment! As for the photo, I didn't crop it, and I did up the sharpness, so that the pinstripes are emphasized, which, displayed here, are definitely in OpArt territory
post #382 of 78722
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing. Fortunately, it only buried all of my pants and casual shirts....no suits or SCs of note. Very busy day today, so no time to fix it. We are also experiencing a rare late cold snap today and it is overcast and misty. Just a shit day in general.

I think my face says it all.

Faconnable SC
Alea shirt
vintage Daks silk knit
J.Crew pants
vintage Florsheim Imperials

I can only hope this day ends quickly, and without fanfare.

Mike



post #383 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post



post #384 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post


My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

Like this- except not sure about the notches way up on your traps.
post #385 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing.

I'm honestly surprised more SFers don't have this problem.

Outfit looks great, especially the SC.
post #386 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
I'm honestly surprised more SFers don't have this problem.

Outfit looks great, especially the SC.

I had this happen one day,scared the shit out of me,not to mention that it was fucking embarrasing.
post #387 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
I'm honestly surprised more SFers don't have this problem.

Outfit looks great, especially the SC.

Thanks, Org. It tore out a huge hole in my closet wall. I am going to have to get a rolling rack tonight and stick it in there.
post #388 of 78722
This gives me a good idea for a small business: closet reinforcement. An SF exclusive!
post #389 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Thanks, Org. It tore out a huge hole in my closet wall. I am going to have to get a rolling rack tonight and stick it in there.

That sucks, man. I recently put up a bar in the basement and started hanging out of season stuff down there, but that's just because my closet was crammed tighter than a sardine can. I never considered the dangers of collapse.
post #390 of 78722

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III