Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2500post #37486 of 7872210/14/12 at 6:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37487 of 7872210/14/12 at 7:01pmsugarbutch
"Happy birthday! You wear it well"
"enjoy your birthday."
"Love how the socks pick up the tie and suspenders. Great! Happy birthday!"
"Happy birthday; sure you'll get better service on the strength of that stripe alone!"
"Great throughout! Would've added some pink colour to get the tie to blend in more - still, great job"
"Happy birthday, crusty!"
"You will probably be the best-dressed man at Daniel...and that is saying something...Happy Birthday!"
"Happy Natal Day! Sharp "banker" stripes! Impeccably shined shoes."
"looks great! Happy Bday!"
"Happy Birthday! And if I look as good at 57, I'll be quite happy."
"Well done, enjoy the tasting menu"
Thanks SF (a new me)
"Happy birthday, and you look great."
"Happy B-Day? Are you comfortable with the jacket length?"
"Have a great day, upr_crust. Nice ensemble, too "
"Happy Birthday Upr_Crust, have a great day!"
Thank you gentlemen, one and all, for the comments and birthday good wishes. For the record, the second suit that I bought from New & Lingwood was a short, not a regular, as this one was, Owen Meany, so maybe the jacket is a little long (I'm 5' 9", down from 5' 10" at my tallest). As for dinner, I made do with the regular 3-course menu at Daniel, which was quite enough food, thanks, and an excellent bottle of Vouvray. As for the suit's appearance, wearing that suit gets me a lot of attention from sales staff in every emporium on Madison or Fifth Ave., from Brooks to Barney's - a very useful thing, at times.post #37488 of 7872210/14/12 at 9:01pmpost #37489 of 7872210/14/12 at 9:13pmpost #37490 of 7872210/14/12 at 9:21pmpost #37491 of 7872210/14/12 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by codeman92190
This is the first post that I have seen of yours, so I'm not sure if someone has commented to this effect already, but I really love your mix of traditional, respectable clothing and indecorous tattoo placement. I think that sort of dichotomy has a lot of potential from an aesthetic standpoint, and you take full advantage of that and do it well. Obviously, the majority of the people on this forum are not in any social position to attempt that look (myself included), and some may still be opposed to it, but I think if you have already staked your claim on your patch of society, you have managed to do it while looking your best.
On a somewhat unrelated note, are you familiar with the band Bayside? Maybe it's just the neck tattoos, but you remind me of the singer, Anthony Raneri.
I thank you for the very kind words.
I must admit I have only started to dress like this recently as I have more passionately started getting involved purchasing tailored artisanal clothing. I got all of my work done a few years ago when I was more involved in the music scene we had here, playing in bands etc. When it comes down to it. I always don't "see" my tattoos so to speak. I am so use to them and people around me who have them that I see past them.
But I can see with a lot of people that that is the first thing they usually notice. I am not saying that is a bad thing, different strokes for different folks.
I am very familiar with the band Bayside, but this is the first time I have been compared to Anthony Raneri.post #37492 of 7872210/15/12 at 12:00ampost #37493 of 7872210/15/12 at 12:59ampost #37494 of 7872210/15/12 at 1:21ampost #37495 of 7872210/15/12 at 3:31amQuote:
At least you prob hate Juve as much as I do...I forgive you...
Thanks, its a vintage H&S from the 1970's...picked it up from GShen before Vanda.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Can't decide whether the navy trousers work here or not. I know a lot of people claim that navy trousers are far less versatile than one might think, and I'm starting to see that they actually have a point. For this fit, mid-grey or brown trousers would probably work as well or even better. But then again, this is nitpicking (jacket is awesome though )
I think the fact that this is a tweed makes it easier. I had a pair of odd navy trousers, wore them one time before having a suit finished, now i wear that much more often.Quote:
Happy belated birthday! I hope I look as good when I'm 47.post #37496 of 7872210/15/12 at 3:53ampost #37497 of 7872210/15/12 at 4:01am
Not sure about the shirt (not because I know anything, just my personal preference..). Love everything else.Quote:Originally Posted by Maciek
Hi all, this is the last fitting of my new jacket.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #37498 of 7872210/15/12 at 4:08ampost #37499 of 7872210/15/12 at 4:11am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 21 seconds ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 8th 2015: The odd white trouser challenge... 3 minutes ago
- › What would you like to see from Pitti Uomo 88? 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 5 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...