Let us give thanks to Albert Hal for so clearly defining the limit of peacockery.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2499post #37471 of 7872110/14/12 at 1:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37472 of 7872110/14/12 at 1:12pm
my pleasure. thanks for answering. ill see if i can find it on their site.Quote:Originally Posted by Albert Hal
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sorry guys, I did not buy it. My wife refuse to walk beside me. It is all yours at A. Marchesan in Stockholmpost #37473 of 7872110/14/12 at 1:15pmQuote:
I agree about less break on the trousers.
I think the shirt and pocket square are just fine (if it were a business event, I would say a white, straight-fold would be better...but what he has is very nice for evening).
Sorry sir, but I really don't like that tie at all.
You are really rocking that take-no-prisoners three-piece though. I bet you stopped traffic in it last night.post #37474 of 7872110/14/12 at 1:39pmpost #37475 of 7872110/14/12 at 1:54pmpost #37476 of 7872110/14/12 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Firstly, IV, I think you've come a long way from your early days here. Gone are the times of looking like a try-hard fraternity kid who wandered into his dad's closet. Good on you for the evolution. You seem to be making your way into a classic haberdashery sort of style. It's very unique for these times, and it almost always results from someone working (or being raised) in a traditional menswear retail environment. As Bill has stated in the past, % is the best example of a honed haberdashery style. Bits and pieces from here and there that might stick out at times or initially mark a fit as awkward, but, at the end of the day, somehow inconsistencies are eclipsed by the sum of the whole. I hope you will fully commit to continuing to learn and I'm intrigued to see where you go from here.
I think it needs to be remembered that he works in retail. All menswear retailers (from Sid Mashburn all the way down to Men's Warehouse) have a certain style or tone that they like their employees to adhere to. Having seen what others in his shop dress like, I think SS fits into his shop's environment quite nicely. One of the most underrated aspects of style is appropriateness and awareness of one's surroundings. While his looks aren't meant for the boardroom, they accomplish the goal in mind when put together.
Obviously I have much to learn, as learning is always an evolving process. I enjoy posting here and getting constructive criticism, I always want to tweak things here and there while at the same time maintaining a little of my own style. With that being said I'd never wear the previous fit (or the majority) of my fits to a board meeting. Thanks for the criticism and help.Quote:
I post here to learn, what happened to being constructive?
NOBD: The simplicity and consistency of your clothing is killer.
Here is a taste of what I wore to work this past Friday:post #37477 of 7872110/14/12 at 4:12pmpost #37478 of 7872110/14/12 at 4:26pmpost #37479 of 7872110/14/12 at 5:53pmYes. Watch is Breguet; suit is bespoke (Raphael); shoes are bespoke (Vass); tie is Carlo Franco; pocket square is Pink; shirt Jos A Bank; cufflinks vintage sterling guilloche enamel.Quote:post #37480 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:20pmpost #37481 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:27pmpost #37482 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:41pmpost #37483 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by joshuasaussey
Best of the bunch.
Excuse the sleeves, they rode up my arm and I didn't notice. Was starting to rain..
Not pictured. Alfred Sargent plain toe derbies in rustic grained calf.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Goorin Brothers Fedora
Golden Fleece Navy Sports CoatBrooks Brothers French Cuff ShirtGitman Bros Wool TieTurnbull & Asser Silk PS
Omega 1980's SeamasterBrooks Brothers Fitzgerald Trousers
This is the first post that I have seen of yours, so I'm not sure if someone has commented to this effect already, but I really love your mix of traditional, respectable clothing and indecorous tattoo placement. I think that sort of dichotomy has a lot of potential from an aesthetic standpoint, and you take full advantage of that and do it well. Obviously, the majority of the people on this forum are not in any social position to attempt that look (myself included), and some may still be opposed to it, but I think if you have already staked your claim on your patch of society, you have managed to do it while looking your best.
On a somewhat unrelated note, are you familiar with the band Bayside? Maybe it's just the neck tattoos, but you remind me of the singer, Anthony Raneri.post #37484 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:53pm
The watch chain has a compass attached at one end (as was found among my late father's effects after his death in 2004), and a modern replacement pocket watch on the other (a present from my current partner). The chain originally had a small gilded penknife attached, but unwise packing got it confiscated by the TSA in 2005 - grrrrr.post #37485 of 7872110/14/12 at 6:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 40 seconds ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch Indigo Ticking Stripe Utility Shirt - XXL - BNWT 7 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...