looks wooly to me. maybe a challis? maybe cashmere? VICUNA?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2494
Styleforum Top Picks
well, here is the deal, and ill pontificate for a minute here if you dont mind. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the majority of people out in the street however, do not view things that way. they also like burberry check ties. i used to have one in a neon-ish green. got more compliments on it from the gen-pop than almost anything i wear now. ill bet most folks irl that see me now think i look "nice," and well put together. but probably also boring, and not "stylish." or "fashion forward."
that being said. the outfits i posted when i first started were more geared towards what most people out there view as fashionable, despite how egregious SF would find it. did i have fits that were all around fail? sure. but i still feel that a lot of them would garner high praise in a different setting, outside of SF.
i took a while for me to move out of that mindset. NOT because SF said it, so it must be true, but because after spending day after day, looking at what the best SFers were putting up, i personally felt that was a better aesthetic. not everyone feels that way. i have people i know that i have shown pics from here that are outstanding, and they simply do not appreciate it. are they wrong? i dont know, depends who you ask. they find a different aesthetic more appealing. and that is their right. i think thats in the constitution or something.
i, however, felt that what i saw here, that was considered good, was better than what i had going on. so i decided to change. it was not easy. i had to buy new things, and learn how to put them together. there was a lot of trial and error, mostly error. and dont forget, you will get plenty of conflicting opinions from very knowledgeable people here, and it can make your head spin trying to figure it all out.
i think there are three important points to remember if you really want to effect change, assuming you find yourself in the camp that wants to make that change.
one, you have to post pics, imo. there is a lot to learn from screwing up. just looking will only get you so far. actually trying to do things, and getting feedback is hugely important.
two, not everyone here is out to help, or are they even capable of doing so. there are a lot of stupid feedback comments that people make just to inflate their egos. you need to learn who is actually trying, and able, to help. DO NOT be afraid to PM. anyone. no matter how big the SF persona, we are all just dudes trying to look good. there are lots of people here who are very generous with their time, and very capable of helping. and when they do, dont be a dick, make sure to express appreciation.
three, do not be a drone. imitation is not the goal. you have your own style and vibe, you need to learn how to tailor that in a way that works. dont be afraid to be yourself. we all make mistakes, sure. even the best here do. but you just have to move past them, and wear something better the next day. learn how to dress, but be true to yourself.
anyhow, that was my experience and that is what i recommend. hope all that helps someone.
Sorry, didn't want to put it in a spoiler but I thought others would appreciate it!
That's entirely true and reminded me of something my wife and I were speaking about last week. Black shirts. I explained that I don't wear black and never really have, she's only seen my in black during a black tie event. Anyway, I said that I never really understood the idea that younger people get in regards to wearing a black shirt/black pants combo. She, a woman that wears clothes well and has a very classic style, said "well, black shirts look nice sometimes," and my reply was "yes, when they take my order or activate my iPhone." She was shocked and we nearly argues about the topic. Anyway, long story short, I'd say that most on here don't dress for people that have a casual interest in clothing. I'd say that we dress primarily for ourselves and for others that may appreciate it.
Honestly, most won't be able to put a finger on the exact reason that something "just works," but nonetheless they'll be pleased.
thanks to all ya'll for the likes on yesterdays fit, much appreciated. i am humbled.
Casual today. pic kinda crappy, i think the true color is somewhere in the middle.
brighter (Click to show)
Great all-round look! BTW The first pic of the shirt makes it look like cheese (in a good way )
And what is the sweater? I'm looking for something similar.
Best of the bunch.
Excuse the sleeves, they rode up my arm and I didn't notice. Was starting to rain..
Not pictured. Alfred Sargent plain toe derbies in rustic grained calf.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Goorin Brothers Fedora
Golden Fleece Navy Sports Coat
Omega 1980's Seamaster
For those of you younger viewers of this thread, this is what 57 years of age (as of today) looks like - be afraid, be very afraid . . . .
I am off to dinner at Restaurant Daniel this evening, and, considering the formality of the venue, I decided to "push the boat out" a bit, stylistically.
Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Battistoni
Watch chain - vintage, with modern replacement watch
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - C & J Edgwares
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not at all a fan (generally) of bold strips, but your look is very regal, upr! Nicely done
Bah! BAH! BAH!! Ze pictures! My intent was not to give zein soapbox. I SHALL NOMINATE NUHSING!
On a different note, both a cardigan and an odd jacket would've been inappropriate yesterday, so I had to wear a real suit. I was not happy about this. HB suit (I know, I know, but I got it on sale), Canali tie, J&M chelseas, and an mtm shirt. Please feel free to point out the stray hair.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › When you cant button your shirts all the way. 22 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › Bourbon. 2 minutes ago
- › Temple of Jawnz Double Rider Black Calf - Size 50/52 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › 2013 College Football Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw