Looks like grey worsted. So even if it's not an orphaned suit jacket it looks like one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2486
Styleforum Top Picks
um, what? the coat sleeves are far from too long. The shirt sleeves could be 1/4" or 1/2" shorter. The coat sleeves are fine most likely, and certainly not too long.
Not happy with how the grey v-neck jumper works with the rest of the colours today. I blame it on still feeling half asleep when getting dressed, and deciding I needed a jumper at the last minute and not really thinking about what colour to use. Square isn't ideal either (a darker complementary colour would have worked better).
Depending on your height, you might want to raise the hem of the coat so that it comes a bit below your knees, rather than mid-thigh. Were it I, and I were relatively short (below 5' 8"), I'd seriously consider shortening the coat; were I over 6', it would be more of a style/personal taste question. As I am 5'9" tall, I'd be very undecided, were it my coat .
I agree that the length would look better if it was slightly shorter. However, I think that shortening may be detrimental to the overall balance, especially the button positioning. I mean that the buttons seem to be positioned lower to match the length. It certainly does not look bad in it's current state- perhaps we could judge better if you post with the buttons closed.
upr_crust I'm 5'6'' so very short (and fat with a disproportionate neck-body - very unfortunate I know :(). I would love to shorten the coat but as yywwyy pointed out, the buttons are positioned so slow that shortening the coat would ruin the overall balance. I bought it because I thought it's a very nice cashmere-wool overcoat (and partially because the salesperson was such a sweet talker); when I'm home I'll post a pic of me wearing the coat with the buttons closed so you guys can help me judge if alteration is needed. Maybe I can shorten it by 1-2 inches only.
I wish that I could work in the fashion industry :)). The interview was actually for a job at a management consulting firm. I know it's a bit flashy to bring an LV to an interview but to be honest, I don't think that many people would recognize the Damier Graphite pattern. I personally like this cover bloc very much; it's nice and functional so why not? Plus, as far as I'm concerned, management consultants are fairly snobbish and I've seen them (and the receptionists at their firms) looking down on students not looking the part when going to the interviews. And Claghorn, I do wish that my friends are generous enough to gift me LV :)) - Plz be my friend if you're that type of friend :)).
The pants fit very nicely. It pleases my eyes.
Love the hat! I've also broken my felt ones out for the Fall.
upr_crust I'm 5'6'' so very short (and fat with a disproportionate neck-body - very unfortunate I know ). I would love to shorten the coat but as yywwyy pointed out, the buttons are positioned so slow that shortening the coat would ruin the overall balance. I bought it because I thought it's a very nice cashmere-wool overcoat (and partially because the salesperson was such a sweet talker); when I'm home I'll post a pic of me wearing the coat with the buttons closed so you guys can help me judge if alteration is needed. Maybe I can shorten it by 1-2 inches only.
I wasn't advocating taking up the hem more than a couple of inches, max, but think that the balance would not be affected greatly if you did shorten the coat by 2 inches. It will never be a coat in the currently fashionable short mode, but I think that it might be a bit more flattering were it a little shorter for you. However, the advice of a trusted tailor trumps anything that I have to say on the subject.
With morning temperatures in NYC under 50F, and with my exposed scalp, a hat is a necessity.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › TRAIN WRECK CHALLENGE - SC/TIE WITH JEANS! 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Averaged faces of women 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of jeans do you own? 13 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 13 minutes ago
- › HOW MANY PAIRS OF JEANS DO YOU OWN? 15 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw