um, what? the coat sleeves are far from too long. The shirt sleeves could be 1/4" or 1/2" shorter. The coat sleeves are fine most likely, and certainly not too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2486post #37276 of 7872210/11/12 at 6:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37277 of 7872210/11/12 at 6:44ampost #37278 of 7872210/11/12 at 6:56am
Not happy with how the grey v-neck jumper works with the rest of the colours today. I blame it on still feeling half asleep when getting dressed, and deciding I needed a jumper at the last minute and not really thinking about what colour to use. Square isn't ideal either (a darker complementary colour would have worked better).
But anyway...post #37279 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Depending on your height, you might want to raise the hem of the coat so that it comes a bit below your knees, rather than mid-thigh. Were it I, and I were relatively short (below 5' 8"), I'd seriously consider shortening the coat; were I over 6', it would be more of a style/personal taste question. As I am 5'9" tall, I'd be very undecided, were it my coat .Quote:Originally Posted by yywwyy
I agree that the length would look better if it was slightly shorter. However, I think that shortening may be detrimental to the overall balance, especially the button positioning. I mean that the buttons seem to be positioned lower to match the length. It certainly does not look bad in it's current state- perhaps we could judge better if you post with the buttons closed.
upr_crust I'm 5'6'' so very short (and fat with a disproportionate neck-body - very unfortunate I know :(). I would love to shorten the coat but as yywwyy pointed out, the buttons are positioned so slow that shortening the coat would ruin the overall balance. I bought it because I thought it's a very nice cashmere-wool overcoat (and partially because the salesperson was such a sweet talker); when I'm home I'll post a pic of me wearing the coat with the buttons closed so you guys can help me judge if alteration is needed. Maybe I can shorten it by 1-2 inches only.Quote:
I wish that I could work in the fashion industry :)). The interview was actually for a job at a management consulting firm. I know it's a bit flashy to bring an LV to an interview but to be honest, I don't think that many people would recognize the Damier Graphite pattern. I personally like this cover bloc very much; it's nice and functional so why not? Plus, as far as I'm concerned, management consultants are fairly snobbish and I've seen them (and the receptionists at their firms) looking down on students not looking the part when going to the interviews. And Claghorn, I do wish that my friends are generous enough to gift me LV :)) - Plz be my friend if you're that type of friend :)).post #37280 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:06amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The pants fit very nicely. It pleases my eyes.post #37281 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:31ampost #37282 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:33ampost #37283 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:35amQuote:
Love the hat! I've also broken my felt ones out for the Fall.post #37284 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:37ampost #37285 of 7872210/11/12 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by microwaveplasma
upr_crust I'm 5'6'' so very short (and fat with a disproportionate neck-body - very unfortunate I know ). I would love to shorten the coat but as yywwyy pointed out, the buttons are positioned so slow that shortening the coat would ruin the overall balance. I bought it because I thought it's a very nice cashmere-wool overcoat (and partially because the salesperson was such a sweet talker); when I'm home I'll post a pic of me wearing the coat with the buttons closed so you guys can help me judge if alteration is needed. Maybe I can shorten it by 1-2 inches only.
I wasn't advocating taking up the hem more than a couple of inches, max, but think that the balance would not be affected greatly if you did shorten the coat by 2 inches. It will never be a coat in the currently fashionable short mode, but I think that it might be a bit more flattering were it a little shorter for you. However, the advice of a trusted tailor trumps anything that I have to say on the subject.
With morning temperatures in NYC under 50F, and with my exposed scalp, a hat is a necessity.post #37286 of 7872210/11/12 at 8:01ampost #37287 of 7872210/11/12 at 8:26ampost #37288 of 7872210/11/12 at 8:56ampost #37289 of 7872210/11/12 at 9:47ampost #37290 of 7872210/11/12 at 9:53am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...