or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2485  

post #37261 of 78724

Simon Crompton & yours truly at the Permanent Style/Armoury drinks in London a couple of weeks ago.
A few more pics of the event over at Simons site.
-TTO
post #37262 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post


Like that tie. Cappelli?
post #37263 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

Sir, I'm sorry, but I'm going to need to check your SF members card. Where is your rakishly off center tie dimple? happy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz 
"Tighten up and dimple the knot on that amazing tie immediately! smile.gif"

Yes, yes I know, my only defense is that the tie is so damn thick that it's near impossible to get even a small dimple in. I'll be handing my SF membership card in at the end of the day shog[1].gif
post #37264 of 78724

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post


Like that tie. Cappelli?

 

Cappelli makes a tie with this exact same print, but this one is from Drake's smile.gif

post #37265 of 78724
It's now clear, but colder in NYC - time to break out a hat, along with another three-piece suit.

Suit - BB
Shirt - H & K
Tie - Marino Gabbri
Cufflinks - Longmire
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC

IMG_1440549x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1439409x1280.jpg

IMG_14351124x1280.jpg

IMG_1436819x1280.jpg
post #37266 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_14281198x1280.jpg

I particularly love this tie (great fit as always, of course)
post #37267 of 78724
Quote:
Anden
"Where can I get that lapel pin with the tortoise carrying a pint? I must get one!"

You'll need to find a set of vintage Guinness waistcoat studs....
7757736684_e29389e21c_z.jpg
-TTO
post #37268 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post



You really look like the brother-in-law DEA agent from Breaking Bad.

This suit fits well in the body and has a really nice lapel roll, but the sleeves need to be longer and the trousers need to be shorter. I also think a suit with less padded, square shoulders would flatter you more. The shoulders on this one give you a blocky look that makes you seem heavier than you are.

Oh, and IMO the tie is ugly and you should tuck the pocket square down a bit so it shows just a quarter inch or so.
post #37269 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

You really look like the brother-in-law DEA agent from Breaking Bad.
This suit fits well in the body and has a really nice lapel roll, but the sleeves need to be longer and the trousers need to be shorter. I also think a suit with less padded, square shoulders would flatter you more. The shoulders on this one give you a blocky look that makes you seem heavier than you are.
Oh, and IMO the tie is ugly and you should tuck the pocket square down a bit so it shows just a quarter inch or so.

"...the tie is ugly..." Well, this is a bit harsh--especially without offering a suggestion. While Kai's tie is not my cup of tea, I am all for letting the gentleman experiment.
post #37270 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Gather up the ashes and burn them again just to be sure.

A phoenix wardrobe might rise from the ashes.
post #37271 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post


  Maybe use the trick that one of the tailors gave and move the shirt sleeve button in so the sleeve ends right where your hand starts. It might look better  but the coat sleeve might still be a little long.

post #37272 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parterre View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Experimenting with a couple poses here. Any other comments, critiques? Review? Anything I should burn?

  I like the way the red goes with the color of the sportcoat and white dress shirt. I might try a solid red one with a brown sportcoat I have but I have to get it tailored first. Thanks!

post #37273 of 78724

Wow! Well I might have to look for a while then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post


You'll need to find a set of vintage Guinness waistcoat studs....
7757736684_e29389e21c_z.jpg
-TTO
post #37274 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Wow! Well I might have to look for a while then...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=guinness+waistcoat+buttons

post #37275 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by javknot View Post

How do you know it's an orphaned suit jacket?

Looks like grey worsted. So even if it's not an orphaned suit jacket it looks like one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III