when I saw "security guard on acid" before seeing the pic I expected one of your, uh, specialty ties This I actually like very much all around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2483post #37231 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37232 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Plus fours are always +1
I can't think of anywhere you can't wear that outfit.post #37233 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:27amQuote:Originally Posted by teddieriley
POW pattern came out a bit wonky. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chan POW suit
Freddy Vandecasteele shirt
Some random light green PS i got in Japan
this is great imo. you should have for four pattern bingo with a patterned PS tho.
also, why no pics of the G&Gs?post #37234 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:34ampost #37235 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:34amQuote:
I thought the shirt and jacket together created enough of a riff to require a very strong central tie to pull the eye in a bit, hence its relative dark sobriety.
Never fear, the speciality ties always lurk in the wings, waiting to give palpitations.
"Channeling our inner Leary, are we?"
just a drop(!), perhaps...post #37236 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:41am
3rd post - Getting ready for the winter.
The jacket looks long here most probably because of the angle. It's fine in real life I think.post #37237 of 7872310/10/12 at 10:56amQuote:
Depending on your height, you might want to raise the hem of the coat so that it comes a bit below your knees, rather than mid-thigh. Were it I, and I were relatively short (below 5' 8"), I'd seriously consider shortening the coat; were I over 6', it would be more of a style/personal taste question. As I am 5'9" tall, I'd be very undecided, were it my coat .post #37238 of 7872310/10/12 at 11:38amI agree that the length would look better if it was slightly shorter. However, I think that shortening may be detrimental to the overall balance, especially the button positioning. I mean that the buttons seem to be positioned lower to match the length. It certainly does not look bad in it's current state- perhaps we could judge better if you post with the buttons closed.post #37239 of 7872310/10/12 at 3:33pmQuote:
Experimenting with a couple poses here. Any other comments, critiques? Review? Anything I should burn?
Edited by Parterre - 10/10/12 at 4:36pmpost #37240 of 7872310/10/12 at 3:34pmpost #37241 of 7872310/10/12 at 4:02pmpost #37242 of 7872310/10/12 at 4:24pmpost #37243 of 7872310/10/12 at 4:34pmpost #37244 of 7872310/10/12 at 4:35pmpost #37245 of 7872310/10/12 at 4:41pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here just now
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 33 seconds ago
- › Burberry Shirt REAL or FAKE? PLEASE HELP!!! 38 seconds ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › On wearing closed laced shoes with denim? Need advice inside. 2 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply Napoli Suit 36S- Dark Charcoal 2 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)