I am going to quote this one, because I feel it really needs to be praised. Really very cool...sophisticated, but understated...a lot of flair but subdued enough for the office. People should want to be you when they grow up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2481post #37201 of 7871910/9/12 at 1:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37202 of 7871910/9/12 at 2:43pmpost #37203 of 7871910/9/12 at 2:50pmpost #37204 of 7871910/9/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Another overcast day...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Preparing for flak re: the tie.
You know, I've always shied away from stripes with corduroy, always seemed like you'd be playing with fire mixing stripes and stripes (in some sense). Works here though. Tie is seizure inducing.post #37205 of 7871910/9/12 at 6:40pmpost #37206 of 7871910/9/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
Not a fan of tie bars, especially in an informal context, but I like everything else. A lot of character, and I like how rough all the fabrics are.post #37207 of 7871910/9/12 at 6:51pmpost #37208 of 7871910/9/12 at 6:55pmpost #37209 of 7871910/9/12 at 8:00pmpost #37210 of 7871910/9/12 at 8:12pmpost #37211 of 7871910/9/12 at 8:59pmpost #37212 of 7871910/9/12 at 9:57pm
So, this is my first post on SF, but I've been lurking for quite a while. A few months ago I stumbled upon AAAC's WAYWRN thread and read through the whole thing before posting my own pictures. I mentioned how much I enjoyed NewYorkRanger's personal style, and someone mentioned that I should check out this website as well since he posted more here. Long story short, I'm 2038 pages down, and I've learned a lot so far, but I thought I would join the conversation.
I know a lot of people here prefer fit pics to lifestyle ones, but I don't really have best camera yet. Instead, I figured I'd show some pictures from my 22nd birthday celebration a few weeks ago:
First, my better half took me to see Count Basie's Orchestra at a local jazz club:
I was actually expecting it to just be a cover band, but a lot of them turned out to be surviving members of his actual actual orchestra.
This was from a few days later. Not sure what's going on with the shoulders in these pictures...post #37213 of 7871910/9/12 at 10:36pmpost #37214 of 7871910/9/12 at 11:42pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 19 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...