Navy. Blue & burgundy windowpane.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2478post #37156 of 7872210/8/12 at 8:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37157 of 7872210/8/12 at 8:42am
Because you have a larger than average head (or at least compared to your shoulders), I'd avoid such narrow fits. Not a fan of that shirt's collar. I did like the sweater and jacket combination on the sleeve, but other more conservative members might feel otherwise.
[EDIT] Or maybe the jacket's too tight, which is making the proportions seem a bit off.
How often do you have to make repairs to your recent vintage purchases?post #37158 of 7872210/8/12 at 9:20ampost #37159 of 7872210/8/12 at 9:36ampost #37160 of 7872210/8/12 at 9:39ampost #37161 of 7872210/8/12 at 9:50ampost #37162 of 7872210/8/12 at 10:10ampost #37163 of 7872210/8/12 at 10:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Jeff M
Well clearly we don't share the same taste in shoes, but thanks for the comment anyway. I'm shopping around on ebay for a nice pair of AE shoes though. If you don't mind me asking, what do you find so atrocious about my shoes?
I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here. If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem. If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.post #37164 of 7872210/8/12 at 10:52ampost #37165 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:01ampost #37166 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:05am
I'm a big fan but I think POW - exploded gingham is a bridge too far.
Love that shirt / tie combo though.
I think my objection is that the big, sky glue gingham is summery for me and the large-scale POW is fall / winter.post #37167 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:06ampost #37168 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:17ampost #37169 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:24amQuote:
Not so much repair. I mostly by clothes that do not need to be repaired. I have only repaired a few exceptions - suits so extraordinary that I coludn´t resist them.
But I have spent some money at my tailor adjusting the length of the arms or legs. Some jackets and trousers have also been adjusted in width. Easy adjustments (a small change in waist or length of trousers) and moving buttons I do myself, or I ask my wife to help me.
Then you must add the cost for dry clean of course.post #37170 of 7872210/8/12 at 11:34am
Wish I could wear a really splendid tweed or PoW, cf. SB-king-of-tweed, Luftvier, TTO and many others. But it's just too warm here normally.
Anyway, it doesn't stop me wearing a three piece a lot of the time regardless: an outside event this evening, still about 33C. Soft, light-wearing linen is my solution. Sorry for the crappy pics; artificial light in my office is weak and daylight is long gone. Also, being linen, I'm a little crumpled after a few hours out and about.
The "full robo", as per SF specification...
Look! No weird socks today.
Edited by mimo - 10/8/12 at 11:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NIKE Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Vass NEW 43.5 10.5D Mid Brown Suede Cap Toe F last shoes 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays