Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2478post #37156 of 7871710/8/12 at 9:20ampost #37157 of 7871710/8/12 at 9:36ampost #37158 of 7871710/8/12 at 9:39ampost #37159 of 7871710/8/12 at 9:50ampost #37160 of 7871710/8/12 at 10:10ampost #37161 of 7871710/8/12 at 10:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Jeff M
Well clearly we don't share the same taste in shoes, but thanks for the comment anyway. I'm shopping around on ebay for a nice pair of AE shoes though. If you don't mind me asking, what do you find so atrocious about my shoes?
I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here. If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem. If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.post #37162 of 7871710/8/12 at 10:52ampost #37163 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:01ampost #37164 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:05am
I'm a big fan but I think POW - exploded gingham is a bridge too far.
Love that shirt / tie combo though.
I think my objection is that the big, sky glue gingham is summery for me and the large-scale POW is fall / winter.post #37165 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:06ampost #37166 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:17ampost #37167 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:24amQuote:
Not so much repair. I mostly by clothes that do not need to be repaired. I have only repaired a few exceptions - suits so extraordinary that I coludn´t resist them.
But I have spent some money at my tailor adjusting the length of the arms or legs. Some jackets and trousers have also been adjusted in width. Easy adjustments (a small change in waist or length of trousers) and moving buttons I do myself, or I ask my wife to help me.
Then you must add the cost for dry clean of course.post #37168 of 7871710/8/12 at 11:34am
Wish I could wear a really splendid tweed or PoW, cf. SB-king-of-tweed, Luftvier, TTO and many others. But it's just too warm here normally.
Anyway, it doesn't stop me wearing a three piece a lot of the time regardless: an outside event this evening, still about 33C. Soft, light-wearing linen is my solution. Sorry for the crappy pics; artificial light in my office is weak and daylight is long gone. Also, being linen, I'm a little crumpled after a few hours out and about.
The "full robo", as per SF specification...
Look! No weird socks today.
Edited by mimo - 10/8/12 at 11:54ampost #37169 of 7871710/8/12 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I normally won't do tweed + tie but I've been wearing this jacket a lot this week (basically as outerwear) and thought I'd give it a try.
The trousers are a disaster. I still haven't found the weight that I inadvertently lost a year and a half ago so the belt is cinched pretty tightly. The balance was great on my fatter self.
n00b question - can you do spoilers in Tapatalk?
Nice!post #37170 of 7871710/8/12 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by UncleCozy
Bra i sin helhet, men bröstnäsdukens färger går inte ihop med resten av utstyrseln, sen skulle jag ha valt en annan slips också. Vad hade du för skor till detta? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)/Carl på Mäster Arnes
Haha hejsan Carl!
Vilket kul sammanträffande :)
Nej, jag var lite osäker på just färgerna (eftersom det röda i alla tre element var ganska lika etc.). Vad hade du valt för PS och slips?
Jag hade ett par mörkbruna oxfords, quarter-brouges från Meermin!
Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
The fit of your clothing looks really good (from what i can see). As you say, PS out of hand and too much competing colour so rather go for a white linen flat / TV fold. Also change scarf for maybe a pale grey one with texture.
But as usual, dressed as you are, you are already at least 1000% than 99% of other guys around, so you should be feeling very proud of yourself
Thanks a lot for your comment! :)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 13 JANUARY 2017 - HATS 25 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...