or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2467

post #36991 of 75930
E9BB1225-9069-4136-9C90-902030E53F26-133-0000000266B32D5A.jpg
D6893DB4-242A-4C71-8592-621DCB6C4608-133-0000000271F28FA9.jpg
77 degrees in October, so giving a last hurrah to some warm weather stuff...
Isaia wool silk linen SC
Cruciani & Bella shirt
Vanda unlined 7 fold shantung tie
BG house madder silk square
Panta panta
Corthay Jouvet
Creed Neroli Sauvage
post #36992 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

D6893DB4-242A-4C71-8592-621DCB6C4608-133-0000000271F28FA9.jpg

Those shoes are unbelievable...I am glad you can pull them off with aplomb, but I am sure many could not. Have you posted them before?
post #36993 of 75930
Spoo, i have a brand new one of those sport coats, i find it a tad stiff.
What do you suggest to soften it up a bit?
post #36994 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Those shoes are unbelievable...I am glad you can pull them off with aplomb, but I am sure many could not. Have you posted them before?

Thanks, once before I did, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

Spoo, i have a brand new one of those, i find it a tad stiff.
What do you suggest to soften it up a bit?

uhoh.gif

What are you referring to, exactly?
post #36995 of 75930
Hahahaha. Ever since that weird blogger posted that phallic interpretation of your outfit, I can't help but think that you'd be paranoid about it.
post #36996 of 75930
spoo, i edited it, im referring to your sport coat lol
post #36997 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Hahahaha. Ever since that weird blogger posted that phallic interpretation of your outfit, I can't help but think that you'd be paranoid about it.

Ha, you saw that. That was um, unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

spoo, i edited it, im referring to your sport coat lol

Ahokokok. smile.gif This isnt "stiff" at all.. its rather, um, flaccid?
post #36998 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

C3FC521E-EAD8-4F23-95BE-A4924B0FA0B6-3848-000003A35C652940.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
29ED3DB5-5C49-4C1B-B7B5-6119C7016025-3848-000003A355303E02.jpg
C6E62F19-A01A-43EE-B41F-4D633660BC4F-3848-000003A34E1BF1E7.jpg
Zegna suit (Savile fit)
Borrelli FC shirt
Marinella tie
Paul Smith wasp cufflinks
RLPL white linen hank
Carmina black caps
Creed Himalaya

Great Tie. Where do you get all your Marinella ties from if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
post #36999 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

Great Tie. Where do you get all your Marinella ties from if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Thanks! Our very own Malford of London.
post #37000 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

E9BB1225-9069-4136-9C90-902030E53F26-133-0000000266B32D5A.jpg
D6893DB4-242A-4C71-8592-621DCB6C4608-133-0000000271F28FA9.jpg
77 degrees in October, so giving a last hurrah to some warm weather stuff...
Isaia wool silk linen SC
Cruciani & Bella shirt
Vanda unlined 7 fold shantung tie
BG house madder silk square
Panta panta
Corthay Jouvet
Creed Neroli Sauvage

Dang that's a nice-looking tie!

I have the same one in chocolate. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ovreall outfit's very sharp as well; one of your most coherent.
post #37001 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Dang that's a nice-looking tie!
I have the same one in chocolate. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Ovreall outfit's very sharp as well; one of your most coherent.

Thanks! Actually, I think the shoes dont fit, but on the other hand, theres not much they actually fit with. lol8[1].gif
post #37002 of 75930
I don't think the tie fits with the rest, as gorgeous as it is. Everything else feels so... autumnal... that shantung doesn't really makes sense to me here.

The square looks really nice btw
post #37003 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't think the tie fits with the rest, as gorgeous as it is. Everything else feels so... autumnal... that shantung doesn't really makes sense to me here.
The square looks really nice btw

Hm. Thats interesting - the jacket is linen/silk, quite textural. The square, a twill, gum silk-esque madderish texture. I thought a regular twill tie would have been out of place. I chose the shantung specifically for its nature to be worn with linen and summer things, as well as a texture to compliment the rest of the clothing.
post #37004 of 75930
But the jacket's color palette is autumnal, despite the yarn composition, and you're wearing (what looks like) flannel pants. I think a grenadine would have been better if you're looking for more texture - I don't know, shantung just says summer to me but it may be a personal bias. I would have picked a fall colored silk or wool/cashmere tie myself with this outfit. The shirt also looks great.
post #37005 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

But the jacket's color palette is autumnal, despite the yarn composition, and you're wearing (what looks like) flannel pants. I think a grenadine would have been better if you're looking for more texture - I don't know, shantung just says summer to me but it may be a personal bias. I would have picked a fall colored silk or wool/cashmere tie myself with this outfit. The shirt also looks great.

Agreed, grenadine would have been valid as well. Good point.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III