Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2466
Quite boring ensemble today. Tried to do something that would look solid from a distance while not being solid at all.
Not enough contrast between jacket and pants, I know. Need to get me some lighter flannels.
Jacket = Dustin
Shirt = Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie = Lester
PS = Rubinacci
Trousers = Emidio Tucci
Socks = God knows
Shoes = Carmina
Edited by RDiaz - 10/3/12 at 8:55am
I hope the shah (and other SW&D guys) continue posting their more MC/suited looks in here; I enjoy seeing how they play around with forms and styles. Like black_umbrella, I don't really think there's a need (or justification) to support those aesthetic experiments with a pseudo-scientific or architectural foundation, but if it helps them with the experimentation process I don't see the harm in it. They'll have to forgive me if I interpret their looks based on whether I like or am intrigued by the end result rather the stated method/theory behind the choices. But I like seeing their looks in here.
Anyway, partly inspired by the entertaining (largely for the wrong reasons) turquiose tie thread, I thought I'd dig this one out of my own wardrobe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Lovin' yesterday's jacket. You've mentioned your wardrobe isn't expensive, who makes it?"
Just some British vintage wasn't expensive as well
I could be wrong, but in all of your fit pics your hands are in your pockets the sleeves always tend to ride up and bunch. It seems like the sleeve length is off, or something is going on with your sleeves.
notice the perfect sharp triangle of the tie tip being softened up by the rounder 90 degree angle of the left pant knee and bringing the angular aesthetic up through the left arm? I count 10 lines with 5 being sharp and 5 being soft and rounded, perfect sharp to round ratio.
Yeah on this photo it looks awkward. But sleeves are fine.
OK, so I see your point here and I agree, but the thing is if you're going to do this, reaaaallllly large lines divorce the actual flow of the clothing from larger posture stuff that have nothing to do with the clothing. It's just sloppy thinking and it does annoy me.
edit - also, I was grading when I wrote that post above and was angry at another form of sloppy thinking, so I may have done some anger transference there...
Quit apologizing. You pointed at a steaming pile of bullshit and called it bullshit. More important, you gave me a good laugh in the process. Your graph was all kinds of excellent.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Madras Pants 22 seconds ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 32 seconds ago
- › Howard Yount Plaid Jacket - Brown, Beige, and Purple - 42R 58 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Handmade Leather Artisan 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw