Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2462post #36916 of 7871910/2/12 at 8:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36917 of 7871910/2/12 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Big A
So this is really Foo's domain, but I'm trying to teach myself Photoshop, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do a cut-rate "foof" that would illustrate some fit / style issues.
Here's the before and the after - excuse the sloppy editing. As fun as this is, I'm not going to spend 100 years doing it . . . . Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The colors were too similar, and frankly, the suit color was incompatible with the your skin tone. You would do better to go less khaki, more grey.
I have another suit almost that same color. One of my favorites.
You may be right about the cut and color. I do like khaki, though.post #36918 of 7871910/2/12 at 8:44ampost #36919 of 7871910/2/12 at 9:12ampost #36920 of 7871910/2/12 at 9:15ampost #36921 of 7871910/2/12 at 9:25amQuote:
"This looks great. But...I'd not use that PS and go for something solid."
Yeah, I think I agree. I would have gone with a white linen with colour piping (like yours) on this one, but the problem is I don't have any! My PS collection desperately needs additions. I've ordered a new one from Vanda but can't afford anything else yetpost #36922 of 7871910/2/12 at 9:58ampost #36923 of 7871910/2/12 at 10:07amRDiaz wrote:
"I'd swap the white shirt for a very pale blue one here. But that's nitpicking, this looks good "
Ah! But the shirt is light blue! Bad picture, I reckon. I put up a couple of different pictures where, maybe, the color is a bit better. Terrible light, today. Gray skies.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 10/2/12 at 10:39ampost #36924 of 7871910/2/12 at 10:07am
I really like this but I am not sure about the shirt. It would be a lot easier to judge your outfits if you were to stand up :-)post #36925 of 7871910/2/12 at 10:14ampost #36926 of 7871910/2/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
Full windsor anyone?
This is Peter Jihde. A Swedish sports journalist. Not known for his good taste.
Independent of the question of whether to windsor or knot (see what I did there?), this is a horribly executed example of the breed. This is akin to asking us to judge the desirability of all women based on a picture of Snooki.post #36927 of 7871910/2/12 at 10:43ampost #36928 of 7871910/2/12 at 11:47ampost #36929 of 7871910/2/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
Funnily enough, this is exactly the same problem that I had with RDiaz's latest fit. I don't mind these red ties. Some people get very exercised about red ties, but I think it's only really skirting on dangerous ground when they are worn with a very blue blazer, or if we are talking plain red satiny ties. It's all a bit too 'primary colours' - in both the aesthetic and political sense of the phrase. However, this kind of predominantly mid-red tie with a predominantly burgundy PS looks a bit wrong.post #36930 of 7871910/2/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Jihde is just a boy following the dresscodes of today. Ernst Kirchsteiger have a personal style
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?