Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2462post #36916 of 7872110/2/12 at 8:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36917 of 7872110/2/12 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Big A
So this is really Foo's domain, but I'm trying to teach myself Photoshop, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do a cut-rate "foof" that would illustrate some fit / style issues.
Here's the before and the after - excuse the sloppy editing. As fun as this is, I'm not going to spend 100 years doing it . . . . Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The colors were too similar, and frankly, the suit color was incompatible with the your skin tone. You would do better to go less khaki, more grey.
I have another suit almost that same color. One of my favorites.
You may be right about the cut and color. I do like khaki, though.post #36918 of 7872110/2/12 at 8:44ampost #36919 of 7872110/2/12 at 9:12ampost #36920 of 7872110/2/12 at 9:15ampost #36921 of 7872110/2/12 at 9:25amQuote:
"This looks great. But...I'd not use that PS and go for something solid."
Yeah, I think I agree. I would have gone with a white linen with colour piping (like yours) on this one, but the problem is I don't have any! My PS collection desperately needs additions. I've ordered a new one from Vanda but can't afford anything else yetpost #36922 of 7872110/2/12 at 9:58ampost #36923 of 7872110/2/12 at 10:07amRDiaz wrote:
"I'd swap the white shirt for a very pale blue one here. But that's nitpicking, this looks good "
Ah! But the shirt is light blue! Bad picture, I reckon. I put up a couple of different pictures where, maybe, the color is a bit better. Terrible light, today. Gray skies.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 10/2/12 at 10:39ampost #36924 of 7872110/2/12 at 10:07am
I really like this but I am not sure about the shirt. It would be a lot easier to judge your outfits if you were to stand up :-)post #36925 of 7872110/2/12 at 10:14ampost #36926 of 7872110/2/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
Full windsor anyone?
This is Peter Jihde. A Swedish sports journalist. Not known for his good taste.
Independent of the question of whether to windsor or knot (see what I did there?), this is a horribly executed example of the breed. This is akin to asking us to judge the desirability of all women based on a picture of Snooki.post #36927 of 7872110/2/12 at 10:43ampost #36928 of 7872110/2/12 at 11:47ampost #36929 of 7872110/2/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
Funnily enough, this is exactly the same problem that I had with RDiaz's latest fit. I don't mind these red ties. Some people get very exercised about red ties, but I think it's only really skirting on dangerous ground when they are worn with a very blue blazer, or if we are talking plain red satiny ties. It's all a bit too 'primary colours' - in both the aesthetic and political sense of the phrase. However, this kind of predominantly mid-red tie with a predominantly burgundy PS looks a bit wrong.post #36930 of 7872110/2/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Jihde is just a boy following the dresscodes of today. Ernst Kirchsteiger have a personal style
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Long Sleeved Henley Shirts (Size S and L), Cortina Tan,... 3 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...