All 50 + men hates (fears) Ernst. I think he is a bit of fresh air...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2460
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36887 of 7872210/2/12 at 2:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Jeff M
I might do a v-neck with a button up, I won't wear a tie unless it is a more formal occasion or I get a better job, the place I work now is business casual so I don't want to go too formal. I have my eye on some AEs on ebay right now, so don't worry the better shoes are coming. In the meantime I have some other oxfords that I can wear that don't have the raised toes. Regardless of what others may think, I like the hat, I am going to trade the one in that picture for a smaller size, it is a tad too big.
It is good you like the hat. I don´t. Men over 65 might pull it of but not you and not with that outfit.post #36888 of 7872210/2/12 at 2:54ampost #36889 of 7872210/2/12 at 2:57ampost #36890 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:11ampost #36891 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:15ampost #36892 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:27ampost #36893 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:33am
Doesn't look long at all, maybe for the reasons you said. And nice to see someone with the balls to try a cravat too. Overall I think this is probably the best I've seen of yours in my short time here. Your usual individualism, but great colours, textures, lines, everything...this is a really fabulous look, and totally unique without looking unnatural or contrived.
It's normally too hot for me to wear tweed and other heavy patterned wools, and I like the look of it so much. So you, SB, Albert and several others, are really turning me green with envy right now with the consistently brilliant level of awesome tweedage. Rock on.post #36894 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:36ampost #36895 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Jeff M
I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here. If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem. If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.
Welcome Jeff. Please don't get discouraged by the negative comments and harsh words. As in all fora, there exists members who like to give new members a hard time.
That said, you do need to reconsider your shoes choice, not due to the price. Rather, it is because nicer styles with better construction are available if you catch them on sale.post #36896 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:49ampost #36897 of 7872210/2/12 at 3:53ampost #36898 of 7872210/2/12 at 4:00am
This argument will never be won. And it doesn't matter. Nice pic though!
Man, another caption competition. "ScotRail in Second Class...be afraid..be very afraid....". Were you looking for the "Hobbits in Fetishwear" thread? (Although, I confess: part of me is also thinking "hahaha...fucking BRILLIANT!")Quote:
You're right on your game today, Mr Pingson. Everything is great, and the tie is outstanding. Details please?post #36899 of 7872210/2/12 at 4:26amSomething more low-key for today, after yesterday's retro-extravaganza. I do hope that today I will be able to hide from Big A's paparazzi, in his series "Celebrity Bathrooms I Have Stalked", or failing that, maybe he'll just tell me where he hid the damned toilet paper . . .
Suit, shirt, tie - BB
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks -DVVS, NYC
Shoes - J & M (Italian manufacture)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #36900 of 7872210/2/12 at 4:46amQuote:
Fulton Rust solid wool tie from Mountain and Sackett (the 3.5" wide version)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 32 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 47 seconds ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 4 minutes ago
- › Schott 740C Peacoat Size 38 - Like New, Barely worn. 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yuketen, McNairy, Ralph Lauren. All Prices OBO. 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...